1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Official Livestream - First Class and New Build Reveal

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

AMPs and ability points = :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
    Really nice stream, I'm very excited for the coming weeks if this is the kind of stuff we are going to get!
    /cheer @ Team Wildstar !
  2. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

I certainly like the idea behind the AMP tree and all the customization options that come with it. But somewhere they mentioned, that you will need some specific items to unlock certain AMPs.

I personally am a mostly (almost only) PvP oriented player. My concern is, that I will need to farm mobs or money for the auction house to buy these items. As long as they aren't super rare it's something I can maybe consider but once the best abilities/AMPs are only unlocked by the most rare items this would be a huge drawback for me.

I for myself would prefer an AMP system that doesn't need any item at all to unlock all of the trees AMPs.
  3. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana Cupcake-About-Town

So much good stuff in this one!

Female Granoks and Female Drakken, lookin' good! I hope we get to see lots more race/sex variations in coming feeds.

The revised telegraph system is welcome, to be sure. I really liked the "pulsing" as the effect/timer goes off.

The TTK *seemed* a little less (a good thing) but seriously, the guy at the controls is the Warrior Class Lead. I mean, he's got to be one of the most proficient Warrior players around, so of course it's gonna look like he was killing things and taking very little damage. I'll reserve judgment on that until I see more of it.

As usual, all the props and models and updated questing areas looked freaking sweet. I noticed at least one new quest in the Dom starting zone. So it's cool that they've revisited those areas. I've often said that the starter zones should be the only place the game really holds your hand - but it also has to grab a new player with meathooks and haul them in.

The AMP system and the Tiered Abilities system makes me happy. I'm a customization junkie, and this is a lot more satisfying than the previous slotting system. I hope it doesn't become "too much" at endgame, but it seems like they are really trying to let people develop their own styles and builds, as opposed to the WoWesque cookie-cutter builds that are all the rage in other games.

TL;DR: Good stuff and very anxious for the coming weeks!
    Siflay likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Screw that. Get me into beta so that I can play with character creation! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vyver likes this.
  5. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

There are two dedicated AMP trees for PvP. Carbine has repeatedly stated that the best equipment for PvE and PvP will come from each type of gameplay, respectively. I realize that we are not talking about equipment here, but I think it's safe to assume that the best PvP AMPs will be unlocked from PvP, even if they requires items or what-have-you.
  6. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

I know those trees are still not final (as they mentioned multiple times during that stream too) but you need to spec into the PvE lines too in order to get access to the PvP/hybrid lines just like they said. So "some" of those PvE skills will be relevant even if I only want to PvP.

Also not getting access to skills others have access to just feels uncomfortable for me to say the least...

It' still early to judge, and surely alot of changes will be done. It's still something concerning for me.
  7. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

This isnt a PvP only game. So just do a bit of PvE as well , it wont kill you (or it might ;)).

I really dont see the problem you are talking about here. You will have access to to each and every one of the skills other people have if you chose to do whats required to get them. The game is giving you the choice. You just have to decide which choices you want to take. You are not being denied access to anything as the choice is there. It will be you denying yourself if you dont want to do somthing.
  8. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

I'm more upset about the item requirements for certain AMPs.

In Aion we had a Stigma system. Some of the most powerful stigmas were either that rare or that expensive, only a small group of players had access to them. I'm still abit traumatized from that system.

As I've said: as long as I don't have to grind all day just to have a slight chance of getting all AMPs I'm fine. As soon as this becomes another grindfest it's just another failed skill tree design.
    In that way it's not only a problem for those dedicated PvPers, but will be troublesome for casuals too.

I personally would prefer a system that does NOT require any items (or any other luck based system) at all to unlock skills.
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

CoreyJenkins, writing for zam, has recapped the livestream. It can be read in its entirety here.

Kinetic Energy
    AMPS
    Telegraphs
    Renown
  10. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I don't see the Official youtube version up yet, but another person has broken up the video into 5 or so parts.

I'll link part 2, since part 1 is almost entirely the backdrop with music before the stream actually started.

11. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Pics of the descriptions for eleven Warrior abilities from the livestream including some major augment bonuses. Credit to reddit user Rikkard for uploading.

The abilities shown are Leap, Plasma Saw, Whirlwind, Relentless Strikes, Tremor Strike, Breaching Strikes, Expulsion, Stance: Juggernaut, Stance: Bulwark, Power Strike, and Augmented Blade.
  12. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

13. Habanero

Habanero New Cupcake

Nice stream. Thank you!
    Warrior looks very solid to me and a real fun class to play. I would choose warrior as my main in an instant, if not...
    the one thing that's really bothering me is lack of acoustic feedback on hitting stuff. I mean you're hitting mobs with a giant sword and all you hear is a swinging sound like cutting through air. This is very disappointing and makes combat not exactly satisfying. Please fix this!
    Yes, I understand it's beta and the issue is most likely going to get fixed anyway. I just want to express my concerns here on this otherwise fine class.
    Overall the look and feel is very good and the animations are cool & fun too.
    Kudos!