1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Official Livestream Pilot Episode Aired

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For those eagle-eyed fans among you, it's been no secret that Carbine Studios have been ramping up to do some livestreaming on twitch.tv - today this all came to a head with the pilot episode. David "Scooter" Bass and Stephan "Daddy" Frost went live for around an hour of playtime - covering parts of Crimson Isle (as a Stalker) and Whitevale (as a Spellslinger).

They're looking for feedback - so hit them up here or on twitter with your comments!

( Watch now )
  2. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I loved the stream, it´s always nice to see some new footage of the game and get interaction with the developers.

It would be awesome if they had a person parsing trough the chat, forwarding questions from the fans to the people on the stream. I would also love if they could parse the chat trough after they are done with streaming, collect some of the best questions they find and possibly ansver those next time they stream.
  3. oppi26

oppi26 Cupcake

Is it wrong that I stared at the 7 minutes of Nexus rotating?
    Baamz and Sonntam like this.
  4. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

That was a very nice Saturday surprise. Scooter is great. I could listen to him talk about Wildstar all day long.

I loved watching the gameplay and watching Frost try to play while answering questions. He did a good job. The professionalism for the first live stream was great. There never seemed to be a any dull, awkward, or silent moments. Just lots of info. I very much enjoyed the thought process while playing. It felt like I was right there playing as well. Scooter's knowledge and updates as to what was going on in the world, quest knowledge and lore knowledge as well as feeding appropriate questions was top notch.

Scooter asked what we would want more of or what we liked. I would love to see some group and dungeon play which he said they plan to bring. Most of all I love the thought process as to what is going on with the video gameplay. I thought they did this very well without giving away to much information.

For the future show us what you think separates Wildsatr's combat and gameplay from other games. how us the difficulty and challenge. Show us Frost or whomever fighting difficult challenging encounters where he has a reasonable chance of death. I would love to see some free form healing and group gameplay.
    Sonntam and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

video quality seemed a bit off at times but for a pilot it was great stuff :up: also remember to charge your equpiment before a stream other then that nice banter and solid delivery of info and features

dunno how I feel about Daddy Frost ... :confused:
  6. Destrin

Destrin Cupcake

Thanks Daddy, was nice to see some moar gameplay :D
    Bomoo likes this.
  7. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

That is so creepy.... :sick:
  8. Thesoundsofsophistry

Thesoundsofsophistry New Cupcake

When they started playing the spell slinger the quality became pretty awful, good start otherwise.

Curious how all this AoE will affect raids and dungeons, seems disconnected and unsubstantial if everything in your cone gets hit no matter what for the same amount of damage on an unlimited amount of targets.
  9. Scooter

Scooter Carbine Studios

Thanks, everyone, for watching today! We had an awesome time; can't wait to get back in and stream more recent builds of the game to show you how things have changed. (We've been using the same public-facing version of the game since Gamescom in August, but this was the last time you should have to see it ever again.)

Definitely keep posting your feedback, thoughts, etc. We have a ton of thoughts of our own on how to improve the show for next time, but please give us your critiques as well!
    Starbugs, Baamz, Voison and 9 others like this.
  10. nra

nra Cupcake

As I have been spending my Saturday trying to play new games (to get time to pass) and brutally failed, this was a divine intervention for me.

I think the setup and the entire show went very well. The could maybe lower the in-game sound a tiiiniiiwiniiiii bit, but really not much.

For future streams I am, like most of you, excited to see more in depth info about things we already know about.
    But what I want even more is to know about things we do not even know about!!
    Gaffney once said that they have been showing 40/200 of the things they want to show before launch, and I want to know more about these things.
    Especially because we do not even know that we should speculate around them :>

Awesome day today!
    I think it was all thanks to Jack Shade, so I am going to start worshiping him.

Also, Daddy works perfectly for Frost.
  11. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

I had 3 notes for the "look," but I otherwise enjoyed everything about this. Thanks Carbine!

[​IMG]

Also, I'll be working on my Pappy impression for next PAX East. ;)
    Roda likes this.
  12. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

I really enjoyed the stream. I'm always jonesing for another game play video but the commentary was also very entertaining. Always appreciate Carbine's sense of humor and I think it is one of the reasons many of us are here.
  13. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Less Frost please. I really want people from other departments, especially those who are not related to those specific items you want to showcase. Conflicting/new opinions are great. Gimme some Gaffney playing!
    Baamz, Sonntam and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Admit it: all you really want is Gaffney pr0nx.
  15. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Nope. Though in addition to...
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.......
  17. BradyBread

BradyBread New Cupcake

Is there anywhere we could watch the footage? I sadly missed the stream and am dying to see a replay! Is anything on youtube etc?

Ummmm JK it can be found on the twitch archives :p

Everything looked really great in the interface and gameplay except for one gripe. When you open the fullscreen map it kind of flickers before hand and this really bothered me throughout the game. I like my fullscreen maps to be instant and without any flickering or effects area. I tend to open and close them quickly to get my bearing in the zone and the little distortion effects in different games get really old really fast and just become a nuisance. Otherwise super awesome!
  18. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

I missed the live run also but, they are re-running it now 11:40 pm US eastern time.
  19. Scooter

Scooter Carbine Studios

You'll be happy to know these are the exact same notes we took after the episode as well. Making the game anything less than full resolution also squished the UI elements in a bad way, so we'll fix all these things for the next show. Thanks!
    Tribe, Voison, Sonntam and 4 others like this.
  20. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

Show some pvp one day is all I'm saying! I don't really have any viable feedback besides that
    Witless and Baamz like this.