1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Official Livestream Pilot Episode Aired

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Right on 38:00 Frost mentioned about armor types and he said engineer! :D
    Bomoo, Afrotech and Lokken like this.
  2. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

Was happy to see they have vacuum looting so you don't have to run all over for the loot.
    Found it interesting that I think it was Bass said he kept confusing players and npcs when playing sometimes.
    Sonntam likes this.
  3. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

I wanna see some group healing from a healer's PoV. And maybe we could see more of the Esper since we've seen a ton of the Spellslinger recently.
    Bomoo, Voison and Sonntam like this.
  4. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

There is a slight constant buzz in the audio did anyone else pick that up ?
  5. Lokken

Lokken New Cupcake

Lol, came in here to point this exact thing out. Highly doubt it was intentional due to the extreme casual nature of the slip.
  6. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

With the exception of the camera battery snafu, I thought this was a pretty good 'pilot' episode. I enjoyed the banter between the guys and both were very comfortable on camera and explained things very well. Wish I could have watched it live because the chat interaction is always one of my favorite parts of watching a stream.

I am curious as to the ultimate use of this 'show'. Will it be primarily for newer fans to help them familiarize themselves with the game or we expect to eventually get some reveals in something like this? Perhaps a combination of both?
  7. Acha'ikos

Acha'ikos New Cupcake

Did any of you catch when they were playing the Mordesh and talking about armor, they said "This guy is not going to have the heavy armor that the warrior or the ENGINEER has"?
    Afrotech likes this.
  8. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I really loved seeing the Explorer mission with the spatial anomaly.

It seemed rather short, though. I suppose at higher level they will get a bit longer and more interesting.
  9. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Would love to see some healing, maybe in a dungeon. Would love to see a spellslinger healing. :)

Please & Thanks!
    Leiloni likes this.
  10. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Great show and a nice surprise :D
    So far I like all the ideas you guys put out, having hosts/devs that we don't know as well but are connected to the streams topic is probably what I'm looking forward to most ^^

Here are some things I would love to see in future eppies:
    • group play, shown from a healers POV perhaps?
    • more info/explanation of how the milestone system was changed (mentioned in a post by Mike Donatelli at some point
    • pvp/arena/warplot action :p (yes, I am demanding)
  11. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

For a pilot episode it was very good. I enjoyed it and both scooter and Frost were comfortable in front of the camera which made it even more enjoyable.

I have seen other Dev streams where they were awkward and the viewer feels awkward watching it too :(

one thing I would like to add that I do not think was mentioned is a frame for the camera overlay so it does not look so out of place.

If anyone is familiar with SC2 streamers and how they integrate the camera in their UI overlay that is what I am talking about.

Though not a full UI overlay a frame I think would be enough.

I hope that made sense :p
  12. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

I would like to see skills that paths get, even though its work in progress.

Can you use path skills in PvP?

Also, do you get faster runningspeed later on? movement looked really slow.
  13. Jaxxa

Jaxxa Cupcake

I like all of these points but I am specifically interested in hearing any tidbits about the milestone system. As far as I can tell there is not an incredible amount of information about this system and I have been very interesting in catching some updated details on it.

I look forward to seeing more of these rolling out!
  14. Baamz

Baamz New Cupcake

Be vewy, vewy quiet. Its a seeeeecweeeet.
  15. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Anyone hear anything about the second livestream this morning? I haven't been able to find a video of it or anyone talking about it anywhere.
  16. Slink

Slink New Cupcake

There is sprint in the game for short burst of movement and I believe there will be ground mounts of some sort in at launch, not sure of the level required to use them though.

As for the path skills in PvP, I don't know but based on how NOT overpowered that explorer skill was I hope the path skills do make into instanced PvP. 20% movement for allies for 15 seconds on a 2 minute CD seems just about right, If there wasn't sprint and the option for high CC thanks to LAS I think the 20% MIGHT be OP but as it is I think it'll be just right.
  17. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

This podcast is such a damn cocktease...I want the gaaaaaaame D:
  18. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

It can get op for melees chasing
  19. Starbugs

Starbugs New Cupcake

I really enjoyed the show and had a lot of fun watching you guys playing and chatting though it was nothing new for me to explore.

For me personally the daytime of the stream was absolutely no problem and i know it's always possible to rewatch the footage, but what are your plans for the upcoming shows in matter of the streaming time?

Is it possible for you to do some of the stream events, I'd say about at 9-10 a.m. your time, so that the European community also can catch up with the opportunity of asking questions in the chat during the event @Scooter?

I believe the first episode ran at about 1-2 a.m. GMT, so not exactly the best time for Europeans to join you live ^^
  20. Slink

Slink New Cupcake

Maybe, annoying sometimes most definitely yes. I consider something OP if said class wins 20-25%+ more fights with the ability compared to without, the longer CD the higher that % can be since I know they won't always have off CD. If it's not around that then to me it's just variety and a temporary boost.

I'm actually kinda looking forward to PvP in this game(I'm from Australia so sadly latency is a big issue in PvP for me) thanks to the LAS, just because your going up against X class doesn't mean that you know what abilities they will be able to use against you this particular fight. Do I save my roll to break out of this stun or is he going to stun me again straight after with that other ability he might be able to do, going to be lots and lots of that kind of stuff going through peoples heads.