1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Official Livestream Pilot Episode Aired

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Roq777

Roq777 Cupcake

I recommend having the PiP only covering chat, and not UI elements at all. Don't take it for granted how much viewers like to see the small details - maybe do a small spot detailing the UI design and menu walk-through. Some of us care about those little things as well as the game-play.

Maybe only pop your names and twitter handles up when your mugs are full screen, but while playing, utilize the entire screen (or use a scrolling text with transparent BG somewhere unobtrusive). If you check out some of the best streams, you'll see they use a nice border around the PiP frame. Just lends everything that extra pro touch.
    Malorak likes this.
  2. Xzi [HoB]

Xzi [HoB] New Cupcake

Yeh would love to see some PvP! Great show nonetheless.
  3. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

This ^^
    Would be very nice, although I'd probably wait for it either way and just be a zombie the next day xd
  4. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Copied over from my post on WildStar RP:
    http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/fo...9315672-official-wildstar-twitch-stream-pilot

Some things I noticed and thought "cool":

1. they mentioned the Engineer class at 29:04 AND it's heavy armor. I know it's not something really new, but this is coming directly from the devs this time.

2. I really like how the quest givers (accessed remotely) have voice overs every time. It's something I really liked about DCUO and I'm glad to see they've got it here. It really adds some flavor to the play experience.

3. There's rare mobs wandering around! Yay!

4. Key race representatives are taking part in each zone. In both cases, we got to see Mondo Zax and Victor Lazarin take part in your adventure, whether it's a quest giver and/or NPC. Love this. Again it's a great way to push that particular flavour in the game.

5. There's a lot of environment effects, whether it's land mines or air-strike missles. Nicely done.

6. A good example of where skill is needed to play (as opposed to just having the right gear).

All in all, a good first demo! I hope the devs keep these streams up!
  5. Ziren

Ziren New Cupcake

Hey Scooter,
    Great episode! Really enjoyed it and it explained Wildstar better than any previous video or trailer you guys at Carbine have released sofar.
    I am ofcourse a Wildstar fan and will most likley be playing pvp nonstop in Wildstar. Now we havn't seen mutch pvp action as of yet and frankly it doesn't mather. What I am interesting in is really understanding Wildstar Combat system because I have been severly let down by previous mmorpg's who promised great action combat.
    So.... in this video you talked about that you tried to minimize the amount of abilites that your as a player have to stand still to be able to use. Now this is ofcourse perfectly fine depending on what you mean? Will your combat lock the character while the animation is running like in Tera-online or in Swtor? Making you loose Control over the character for a breif moment?
    This is something I belive is really important and something that WOW made perfectly. The smoothness of the combat and that you Always had 100% controll over your character and could ofcourse interupt all your casting spells or attack whenever u wanted.

Second thing I am really curious about is the swapping abilites you were talking about. As you mentioned in the video the ability bar have 8 slots and you as a player have an arsenal of abilites to choose from and you can swap out any ability whenever u want.
    Now this system is interesting and very similiar to Diablo3's and Gw2's ability system.
    My question is what is your purpose with this system? Is it suppose to make you as a played swap abilities every 2 minutes depending on what mob you are fighting or is suppose to make you have to have fix builds for say pvp and Another for pve? Having one set for when u are healing and Another set for when u are dpsing.
    I belive that Gw2 failed at their ability system. Gw2 basicly gave you 100 abilites at lvl 1 (in pvp) and thought it was a good idea. Diablo3 however is a fun system but do not let you swap builds that easily.

Anywho... sorry for my crappy English, not a native speaker. Would be super cool to get an answer. =)
    -Regards from Sweden
  6. ratthing

ratthing New Cupcake

Healer game play and BG & Arena competitive PvP pls
    :)
    Leiloni likes this.
  7. Anlath

Anlath UK/EU Community Manager for WildStar

Needs more cowbell!

I gotta fever!
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Yes!!

Show us the epic ass kickin' that we all know Scooter puts on Gaffney!

[​IMG]
    Malorak likes this.
  9. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Loved watching and I'm subbed to the stream, now. But if I hear "bro" one more time........
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Brototype Brobot Brofessional Brotein Brotostar Brofanity Broletariat Bromiscuous Brodeo Brobust Broet. :). I love Frost, he's all of these things and more.
  11. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Are there still plans to make VODs of the livestreams available on youtube? I do not think the pilot episode was ever uploaded there. I was hoping to use linked timestamps for summaries, criticism, etc.