1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar + Orbweaver

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stimulate, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Stimulate

Stimulate New Cupcake

I have been on the edge of getting one of these gamepads and was curious if any testers use one? If so, do you use the thumb stick to move the character or do you still revert back to mouse+strafe keys? In theory, I can see positives like using my naga mouse to move camera/bind a few actions (my fingers cant get to all the buttons), and use the gamepad to move via thumb+bind few more skills or maybe even bind the strafe/double click roll, but at around 130 bucks for the silent edition its not something I wanted to "buy to test how it works in WS"

Thoughts?
  2. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

well once my orbweaver stealth ever ships (still on backorder wth been 5 weeks) I'll let you know.

I wish my belkin worked sigh.
  3. Dirty Outlaw

Update

So they finally shipped the damn thing according to FedEx should be getting it today so after next beta weekend I can tell you about my experience.

Most likely I would use the orbweaver for movement and shift alt modifiers and the naga for abilities. But I'm going to play around different ways and see what is optimal for me.
  4. jRok

jRok New Cupcake

Hey I use a Orbweaver for all the MMO's I play. Once you go keypad you will never go back to Keyboard. Anyway, I Keybind Dash to the Orbweaver thumb stick/directional pad, it takes a bit of getting use too but once you learn it, it feels godly.
  5. Dirty Outlaw

So after a day playing around with it is worth it for me anyway.

Used the dpad for movement and set it so I strafe and such and make use of a dash button so I don't have to double tap.I use the index finger side for all the important stuff innate ability, special items crtl, shift and alt. I also use a naga so all 1 thru = buttons on the mouse which leaves all the menu stuff on pinky side of orbweaver. I love the extra row of buttons gives me a lot more leeway than the belkin did. If we can do macros definitely have a crtl modifier and make target arena player macro if possible will be very nice.

Since I play on a tv with a recliner and a lap board the keyboard is very cumbersome now that I can put it aside it is much better too bad both are not wireless but each wire is decently long enough in my room so I don't have to be too close my only complaint is no thread cable really?

At the end of the day I prefer it over keyboard so its was worth it glad I didn't buy the tartarus which sported less buttons and is not mechanical. But its cheaper and if you don't care for prosumer products get that. But the orbweaver is better product to me.