1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Press NDA Drop!

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

I read the ZAM interview with Mike Donatelli and I was especially interested in what he had to say about crafting, hobbies and the difference between coordinate and tiered crafting but I'm a bit concerned about what he said about being able to switch crafting skills without losing progress.

How will this effect the economy if eventually everyone can master every crafting profession? What will be the incentive for trade?
    Sapien and Witless like this.
  2. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Great to finally seem some more character creation options, mounts, capitol cities, and a few reviews of the early zones.
  3. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

After reading all the comments from each of the articles linked here, all i can say /facepalm
    Especially from the MMORPG site.
    Witless likes this.
  4. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Let's call it confirmation of what we thought we knew.
  5. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Check the stream of this nice lady: http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalooterde
    Kusiga, RavenWind and Petal like this.
  6. Petal

Petal New Cupcake

7. Etan

Etan Cupcake

If you read http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/8038/Crafting-A-Deep-Experience.html the MMORPG one on crafting the skills require achievements for talent points? So you can switch skills but might not have the talent points for specific items?
  8. Afrotech

I read the article this part in particular but, I'm not sure it really answers my concern maybe just delays it.

I guess we won't know the full depth until we know how long this process is and how many talent points will be available. The article doesn't exactly explain if when you dump a profession but, maintain it's progress do you still maintain those talent points in that profession or are they lost?
  9. Etan

Etan Cupcake

In the ZAM interview they talk about crafting as well. Hobbies then crafting skills. Crafting only allows 2 at a time and you can dump one to learn another. The one you dumped keeps its progress. So theorecticlly you can have all the crafting skills at max. But where you put your points in the trees will dictate what you can actually craft thats worthwhile.
  10. Afrotech

If you can reset your talent points and maintain progress in all professions despite dropping them, in the long run I don't see how this is a good thing for trade.
  11. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Really nice article on Pvp from mmorpg, he described every point in detail and made you feel the excitement, even though he was only talking low level. Love how he used examples of both losing and winning, and examples of fresh beginner level 6, and then later level after obtaining a few more abilities and gear items.
  12. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Watched the Public Events Playthrough, I liked the idea, I liked that it was around a 20min event and took you to various areas with different tasks, including challenges.
    What I didn't like, is that it looked to be just a zergfest. In-particular the person in the video took no damage at all, not even to his shields, and most mobs went down in seconds, barely enough time for 1 enemy telegraph, and absolutely no amount of danger.
    It just seemed like the pack of players was moving from mob to mob as fast as possible. I would have liked to see a bit more health on the mobs and at least some damage/danger in the fights, so at least the healers have something to heal.
    Keep the event time at 20min, remove a few mobs here and there, but make the fights more dangerous, so people have to keep on their toes a bit, instead of just a snorefest zerg.
  13. Steven Eilers

Steven Eilers New Cupcake