Wildstar RP?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Foozy, May 27, 2013.

1. Foozy

Foozy New Cupcake

Hey, huge fan of Wildstar. I have alot of questions though im not sure if many of them is able to be answered... Im gonna put up a list of a few question i have about the game so far, i really appreciate whoever spends time answering them!

1. Main question: I've rped on WoW for a while and found it very amusing. So im just curious if this game will have any kind of RP servers? Because with the ''build your own house'' option, that would be awesome to RP with friends/guildies. Cant imagine how much RP potential this game has aswell as PVE/PVP. Though this comes in second hand, getting the content on the game is and should be their main topic.

2. Beta? I know this might be hard to answer as it seems not many knows right now. I know the game is in closed beta but only that ''very'' few people actually get to play the game.. So im just wondering if anyone have ''ANY'' kind of clue on when the beta will be opening up. And when i say opening up im hoping for a couple of thousand beta invites. Like ''Firefall''. I have no idéa how many they actually send out now (or if they do so at all). So as a player who's waiting for the beta like all of you. Can i expect to play the game before summer or will it be as late as after the entire summer? Because i would love to spend alot of my time on this game during the summer.

3. Cap level?: So basically what i said. I really love the ''Vanilla WoW'' feeling in this game. Especially the part where they practically said that they dont like how some games have become too easy to reach max lvl, and that they basically wanted the player to play for weeks-months before reaching cap lvl. I really hope they keep going with this concept.. Lvling fast just ruins games imo. Right, might be getting off-topic. So what is or will be the cap level for Wildstar? Will they go with the basic lvl 60? or perhaps 30? I have no idéa at the moment!

4. Leveling path?: Right so basically i've seen most of the videos about paths (isn't really that many), and i love the concept of paths. But i really dont get the ''xp'' you get from it.. From what i remember its not normal xp you get, you got like reputation or something? So basically what do you achieve for example by doing most Explorer ''quests''. You get Reputation (or was it something else?), and then what? What can you do with this reputation? Just want to know what you really can achieve with these paths or if its just a way to spend you're time when you're bored!

Im REALLY excited about this game and im really hoping that i'll be able to join the beta! Cheers and love from a huge fan.
  2. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

1. no word as of yet. there will be pve and pvp but I dont think they have stated 1 way or the other if there will be an rp server or not.

2. its sitting at something like 25,000 invites out of 300,000 (probably more like 500,000 by now) invitations. you are about as likely to be hit by lighting .. ok not really .. but yea. My bet is after E3, so June 20th .. ish for the next round of closed beta invites. they still probably wont scratch the surface ... but this is all speculation.

3. i dunno. I think I heard 50? but I really cant remember atm.

4. its a alternate leveling system of sorts which gives you access to different abilities. so a settler might start off being able to build a campfire, and at level 50 .. or w/e he can build the prison thing .. or a bar .. or w/e.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  3. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Heya Max, glad you've decided to drop by and join our family here. As a prospective WildStar player who is interested in RP, you should definitely also check out http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com - quite a number of us WSC folks are over there, and true to the site's name, it's chock full of people who want to RP.
  4. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Much much less. I'd say 5k invites, another 10k for the stress test who may or may not get back in on the next wave.
  5. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

so 5% as opposed to 8% .. point is .. don't count on it.
  6. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

The recent post there about the wildstar devs' response to rpers was absolutely awesome.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

1.) most likely, yes, there will be RP servers
    2.) we do not know.
    3.) level cap has been confirmed currently as level 50.
    4.) you have your Character Level you get from killing stuff, turning in quests, etc. You get a level you get the usual level up stuff like in most games. Path level is separate experience that you get for doing path missions (examples: jumping puzzles for Explorers, holdouts for Soldiers, building stuff for Settler, scanning wildlife for Scientist). When you level up on Path, you get access to more path stuffs.
    about 20-30% of the content you will be doing will be Path Content (so said Gaffney somewhere)
  8. Foozy

Foozy New Cupcake

May i have a link to that? :)
  9. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town