1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar (Tue)Wednesday - Reintroducing the Stalker!

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

My money is still on "Striker" as the name for the melee DPS/Heal class. "Medic" is too role-specific.
  2. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Meh, was so pumped for Stalker before the devspeak. Now i'm seriously considering the Esper class since I wasn't too fond of the Stalker for some odd reason. :(
  3. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Medic and Engineer were named Dentist and Repairman this week. At this point I think Carbine is just messing with us and trying to get us off track because they leaked the class names too early.

Shame on you, Carbine!
    Baamz likes this.
  4. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Nope. The "or if you're rolling a Stalker maybe not..." is referring to the Stalker's stealth mechanic. Carbine has stated on several occasions that the Winter beta* will be happening in December.

*not to be confused with the limited beta that is already occuring

You were disappointed in the Stalker DevSpeak or the class itself? What changed your mind?

I disagree. A better name could have been found, but I do not feel Medic is too role-specific. There are fine lines between mercy killing and plain old killing.

I think the flavor of the class will allow for both. For some Medics, medical ethics are a support column, for others the ends always justify the means. Afterall, rules and regs are always open to interpreation.
  5. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Here is the Stalker AMA - bot log from reddit today.

http://boe2.be/iama/we_are_the_wildstar_stalker_class_team_ama.html

I'd also like to add that I'm 100% convinced that several questions in these AMA's, are from carbine employees "setting up" the Dev's with prepared questions that they have prepared answers for.

:whistling:

Very interesting, I love that there are so many tough choices to make on which abilities to tier up, will make for some very unique feeling classes and battles.

Sapien likes this.
  6. Kryptikk

Kryptikk New Cupcake

The big thing I'm wondering that i didn't see mentioned is how dropping into stealth as a tank will work. Most games its a threat dump when using something like a "Vanish". Really interested to see how they make Emergency Stealth a viable skill for stalker tanks
  7. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

A tank will still have his threat generating abilities on his bar, including some form of taunt, so
    when he does his Emergency Stealth he can then still use the same threat abilities to get aggro back.
    Kryptikk likes this.
  8. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Well, the entire gist and sort of "feel" to it doesn't look like it'll suit my needs. Tbh, it doesn't seem like a class that'll satisfy me in Wildstar, and I have no idea why since I always pick the Rogue class in almost every MMORPG.
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Let me ask a different way. What does the stalker not seem to have that a rogue class should?
  10. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

I like stealth classes, but I'm not thrilled with Stalker combat. I like crazy animations and spell effects. Stalker seems a bit bland in that regard.
  11. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm. Personally I thought it had sort of a sleek, cool, almost flashy look, but without being overly dramatic. The nano skin was just sweet. I assume that for the most part though, no matter how it "looked" in the video that the mechanics are very similar to other rogue classes from other games. That's what it reminds me of. And the Spellslinger reminds me of the Gunslinger from SWTOR (just much more cool). I assume the the Spellslinger has similar mechanics to a Ranger class in other games with general ranged mechanics.

I say this, but keep in mind, even though they may have similar mechanics as other game classes, they most definitely have that WS twist, which I've grown to love just eyeing this game over this past year.

But I like the stalker and slinger the best. I'm normally a rogue or ranger. So for me it's definitely:

Stalker > Slinger > Engi > Warrior > Esper > Medic
  12. Roques

Roques Cupcake

I'm waiting for the rifle class myself =P Can't wait! 2 more weeks!
  13. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Well, the rogue, although my most favourite class in MMORPG's, always felt to be more PvP-based and not necessarily substantial in PvE situations, which proved to be an issue since I base my gaming around PvE, for the most atleast. Wildstar again seems to implement this, plus I really wanted light armour for the benefit in terms of dps (although I understand medium armour was used for the sense of playing as a tank).

Also, I really hate traps.