1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Crossing the Streams

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Yakzan, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wondering what sort of cross-realm features WildStar has in store? This week's WildStar Wednesday is here to answer some of your questions on this divisive tech. You'll be able to talk to people between realms, do instanced content with them, or out-right opt out of the feature if you so please. Do read on to learn some of the details of their proposed system.
    ( Read More )
    Eternalfootman likes this.
  2. Norewon

Norewon New Cupcake

Im glad they give you the option to choose if you want to use it or not. Gives those who want to build tight communities a chance to do so.
  3. Pudge

Pudge New Cupcake

What a terrible Wildstar Wednesday..
  4. Grytswyrm

Grytswyrm Cupcake

I like the exclude option too. Saves you from backwater servers and servers where other language players congregate to.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Am I the only one who likes to know if the <REDACTED> is something that has yet to come or if it's just a censored word?
    Or is it just raids/warplots and more....like a collection usig the word <REDACTED>....
    GloryHogXL likes this.
  6. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, how terrible: new information on something that a lot of people had waited for a long while.

Perhaps we will have less of "Dungeon Finder kills realms!" threads.
  7. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I assumed it was warplots. Unless it is some type of group PvE instance that has not been mentioned yet. Maybe it's "shiphand missions" and the writer just forgot they had been discussed already.
  8. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I'm not sure I completely understand, is this just an extended explanation of the dungeon finder tool? I think it was already explained that it worked cross realm, and BG's have also been mentioned to work cross realm, maybe they just wanted to clarify that you can't quest and level x-realm?
  9. Hybridium

Hybridium Cupcake

That's a nice thing, but I would have liked 1-2 screenshots with it at least.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well...Raid, Warplots, Shiphands, Adventures are missing.....so it's strange that they would use 1 time REDACTED for such a big pile of missing things.....
  11. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

Only way I see this being important is people having friends who refuse to play on a PvP server. Otherwise just play with your friends

Oh well, can always get a dungeon going which is the point I guess, hopefully they use it as a way to challenge people.

Doing a cross realm dungeon with a bunch of randoms on a heroic mode and it actually feels heroic. That'd be fun.
    Johnny Bane likes this.
  12. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

Yea you can tell they're reaching for info, I don't know why they wouldn't talk about zones more or something, I imagine with such few 5 mans supposdly they're going to be adding a lot of lvl cap zones. So let us start salivating at where we'll be at lvl 20.
    Johnny Bane likes this.
  13. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

This is the hands down worst Wild Star Wednesday to date, this info is not worth a wsw, this should be a side note at most.
  14. Johnny Bane

Johnny Bane Cupcake

Hell I would of even rather had yesterdays pod cast. Then this lump of useless info.
  15. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I do appreciate that they take the time to give us something every Wednesday. However, I really feel that there is too much of the important things missing for this to take up a WSW (i.e. last 2 classes, crafting, etc). Please oh please Carbine give us some meat already!
  16. Luke Wyngarde

Luke Wyngarde Cupcake

*yawn*

Hadn't thought of this game in a month. For one of their most excited followers, I almost don't care anymore.

Seriously, I've beaten the main missions of GTA V, leveled to cap in RIFT from scratch and played about 100 hours of Civ V since the news stopped coming about about beta.

The "Convention Season" might be good for Carbine, but it's boring me to the point I'm just having a hard time mustering up "I care."
    Rumal likes this.
  17. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

Meh, I would have liked to see something new. They pretty much announced what you CAN'T do. No crossrealm trading, no crossrealm questing, no crossrealm open world pvp, no crosrealm crafting, no crossrealm player housing visits, etc. Even runescape has a "pick a realm option" where you can interact on any server. WoW has the cross-server zones, and cross server auction house. This actually seems pretty lame, like they are taking a step back in MMO development.
  18. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

This is Carbine's solution to some of the problems that arise from x realm dungeon finders. Since you can group and instance with x realm players, Carbine is hoping that people will make friends and group up after that one dungeon. It doesn't fully address the problem of "I don't care how I do I will never see these guys again" but it is a good step in the right direction.
  19. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

That was some good news, keep'em coming Carbine. :up:
  20. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I For one really liked today's WSW. Its something that has been on my mind for a while.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.