1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Dominion Arkship Destiny

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This week on WildStar Wednesday - a show brought to you by Carbine Studios - we have. . .THE ONE AND ONLY *ahem* Dominion Arkship, Destiny.

Those of you bold and brave enough to join the Dominion on their venture to claim their birthright, will get the pleasure of travelling on this fine vessel in a luxury cryopod along with many more amenities!

( Read More )

*N.B: There may be some author faction bias in the post. Just a tad.
  2. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

Man, are you dominion so arrogant as to just flaunt your ship in front of us? Its almost ASKING for explosions.
    Mesmir likes this.
  3. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds like a great place for a Gentle Flower. I approve of this message.

You will have the ability to bypass the zone after you've completed it the first time, which is good news. Seems like you will be introduced to the Path system in this area so that's great. Sounds like once you hit the planet you will be moving right along.

Great info about the starter zone.
    ruff_ethereal, Ico and Mondasin like this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Human ladies might just be sexy enough to make me consider a different main. Might just have to depending on who gets the final classes.

The WSW is nice though. I like the lore tidbit and the mood of the article even though it's full of pompous Dominion fluff. :p
  5. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Now that we've seen bits of the dominion tutorial area, I wonder what the Exile one is.. perhaps it uses more duct tape.
    Sonntam likes this.
  6. Lokken

Lokken New Cupcake

Love the classist feel while still oozing decadence and impersonalization. You might be cloaked in comfort but no one probably knows your name.
    Sonntam likes this.
  7. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

haha great WW! first thing I thought when I seen the Arkship.. somone's overcompensating hehe... also Dominon religion! I get the feel this arkship advert was put together by the shady car dealers of the Wildstar universe Protostar...ahh! hope we get the exile arkship next week we know it will be a wreck but atleast it will be honest!
    Arawulf likes this.
  8. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

As it should be, Dominion will travel in style to Nexus. I expect next week's WSW will be about the long line of Exiles trying to hitchhike their way to Nexus.
    Seriously, another good WSW this week. Some nice lore which even included a couple of Dominion heroes names.
    Tribe and Sonntam like this.
  9. Flyinapplez

Flyinapplez New Cupcake

Well played WSW, well played indeed.
  10. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

This seems cool but I'm somewhat confused as to what it is. Is this the 1-6 starter area now? Is this a place that the dominion players can visit at will? Will it count as the major city for dominion? I know I've heard of the Arkship before but even then I had no idea what it was about. I actually thought it had something to do with an event that Carbine did at some games show. I feel this could have used a simple "fly through" video or maybe some more pictures.

Anyone have links to more details?
  11. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

WTB Blueprints of the Destiny, especially of the fuel and ammo compartments and other volatile areas.

Also WTB recipe how to manufacture a vacuum implosion bomb out of Loftite.

Also looking to buy schematics of a remote controlled fuse sufficient enough to cause a violent reaction in Loftite.

-The Aurin resistance fighters.
    Tribe and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  12. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Nice!!! Where do I sign up? I will take the High Rollers suite, and send over a few of them <Redacted> chamber maids and a case of your finest malted liquor to my room. thanks! and DO NOT DISTURB.
  13. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Dominion propaganda! There should be an Exile Version!

It's okay, I'll translate the Wildstar Wednesday into Exilese for the Exile Expereince!

After having your homeworld blockaded/embargoed/burned/melted/disintegrated by the oppressive Dominion monsters you'll be making the journey to Nexus in whatever rat infested ships that have survived the Dominion fleet. Please keep all hands an arms inside your ship at all times. If you see a leak, please use any of the chua prisoners to plug it as quickly as possible. Remember! The apply the chua tail first! That way their furry little butts will seal the puncture to the hull tightly!

Upon arrival on Nexus please run for the nearest escape shuttle because our Granok pilot will be thoroughly intoxicated by this time, declare himself King of the Rowsdowers, and be trying to ram the nearest Dominion ship.

As a loyal Exile you will be shot at by every planetary and ship-mounted battery in the Dominion's arsenal as your escape shuttle screams towards the surface. Feel free to pray to whatever deity you wish, it's not going to help. If you feel you may become sick, please throw up on the nearest mordesh. They really won't notice and find the contents of your emesis scientifically fascinating.

Please note that all Exile celebrities have already crash landed.

Once you 'land' on Nexus someone will shove a datacron in your hand, followed by a gun and a beer, and you will be pointed in the direction of the nearest Dominion outpost. Have fun!
    BLAPPiN, Kuhrath, Sonntam and 2 others like this.
  14. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

I this what happens when you try to upgrade?

15. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I've been 100% Exiles up until now. This update makes me want to roll Dominion just for the starter zone. Maybe I'll make a Mechari alt.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Yes, but as an Exile you can ride shotgun while the drunken granok pilot proclaims himself King of the Rowsdowers and suicidally rams Dominion ships! You would give that up for a juice bar?
    Sonntam and Ianpact like this.
  17. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

That Vigilant Church bit looks pretty interesting. I don't recall hearing about their religion before. I hope it will be Warhammer 40k type of crazy, that would be fun to RP.
  18. Domi Dayglow

I wonder if Mechari are a major part of the priesthood? Worship the Emperor, Glory to the Eldan......or else.
  19. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

My main is still gonna be Exile. Maybe we can sneak on the Destiny and steal some juice to make our own juice bar!
    Balgoss and Ianpact like this.
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, they've said 3-6 was Crimson Isle for Draken (maybe Chua too?) then they get into Deradune at 6-? so i'd assume that this is the 1-3 starting zone. The Arkship Events are special invite only Fan Events that Carbine held. The Arkships are what are taking the Dominion and Exiles to the planet. The Destiny is the Dominion and the Gambler's Ruin is the Exiles. As per some of the Lore that's been put out for us already the Gambler's Ruin is the last of the Exile's Arkships and is run down and they're running out of resources and so the planet Nexus is the Exile's last hope for a home.
    Ashardalon, Tribe and ruff_ethereal like this.