1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Economy Q&A

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Myrddin

Myrddin Cupcake

Transmogrification in Wildstar! :D I like the dyable stuff even more though!
  2. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

My biggest hope for WildStar is a very dynamic and feature-rich auction house. I know I'm probably asking for a lot, but being able to find market prices for trade goods/items would be such an amazing stock (no pun intended) feature to include...

It seems every MMO launch comes with its own uniquely terrible auction house parsing system (SWTOR's was so bad that it didn't even function for the first few months in any reliable way), but at the very least giving us a powerful search option within the AH would make me all kinds of giddy. Has there been any mention of the AH yet?
  3. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Very good set of questions and answers. I am looking more and more forward to Wildstar.

I am still trying to catch up on all the news I have missed so this may have already been addressed. Here's hoping for a robust gathering system to augment the crafting system. I would imagine they plan to implement quite a bit of gathering since it would be a perfect skill system for the explorer path that is always venturing out into new areas.
  4. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think they've mentioned one, but I can't remember when or where, so I might be pulling that out of thin air. I'd be surprised if they didn't have one, however - it's pretty much a staple.

Hopefully, if they do have one, they'll do more with it than the usual "add item to interface, add starting price, add optional buyout price and click sell". A trading post sort of system would be extremely nice: Billy needs a certain amount of Shiny Items. He makes use of the trading post interface, stating he wants 10 Shiny Items and he'll pay 50 credits per single Shiny Item. 500 credits (plus a fee for placing the order) is taken from his wallet, and he goes on his merry way to do other things. I come along with 3 Shiny Items, and see someone is looking to buy. I drop them off at the trading post and receive 150 credits, because he pays per item and not for all 10 Shiny Items at once, and the number on Billy's order is reduced by 3. Someone else comes along with 7 Shiny Items and sells them, receiving the remaining 350 credits. Billy is notified that his order is fulfilled and comes along to pick up his order. If the order isn't completely filled in a set amount of time, Billy gets the remainder of his money back, and can choose to relist what's remaining on the order.
    Tiktak and Black Wolf like this.
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yes, that would be awesome Starspun. I would love that as well. It makes more sense then putting items on it.
  6. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Starspun, that is a fantastic idea! I would love it if there was the trading post, and also the auction house, since I think you could reasonably do both (could also lead to some gross profiteering if you see a low auction with a high trading post value or vice versa!)

I also think implementation of "bundles" would be really neat. Think of this as selling x amount of trade goods 1, 2, and 3 all lumped into one package. This could be a really cool way to make people more conscious of how they're marketing their wares. Similarly, add a text box to a bundled package to allow the seller to explain the purpose of the bundled items (all under 140 characters of course!)
  7. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I love the trading post idea as well because I am a settler and I want to build them! :D
  8. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think putting items up for sale is pretty much necessary - you don't always want to wait with trying to sell your item until there's a demand for it.

What I described above is, I think, half of how GW2's system works - the other half is that you can put your items up for sale and either set your price or match the current lowest price for a particular item.

Adding to my previous post, if another person should come along and want Shiny Items too, but doesn't want to pay as much for them as Billy does, Billy gets priority over the Shiny Items people want to sell. Once his order is filled, the next person gets theirs. If they pay the same, I think it goes by who placed the order first.
  9. Kirathis

Adding to that, a method to specify a trade of an item for another item (or money) would be kind of cool. Being able to trade items rather than just item for money might be handy. That way if you are trying to find something as well then you can sort of kill two birds with one stone.
  10. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

True. Both are needed.

I think it would be better to the seller make the decision himself. If he want to give his items to someone who pays less... his/her choice or loss.
  11. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

These are all really good ideas. A very new dynamic to the AH that is functional and actually could be fun.
    It could lend itself to bidding wars as well instead of the asking/buyout price thing that we have now.
  12. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

So a mix of it all would be...say I have 12 Blunt Things and I need 8 Shiny Things...Blunt Things aren't worth as much as Shiny Things so I put 8 of them into the Trading Post to trade them and say 25 Credits each for Shiny Things, then put the other 4 Blunt Things up for auction...?
  13. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Trading Post? Okay, that is an awesome idea. Hopefully Carbine can add something like that if its not already in.
  14. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Had to read it multiple times. Not your fault, just that it's a bit complex and I wanted to get it right. I assume those 8 Blunt Things are on the order? And you have 12. So you put 8 on the TP and the other 4 on the AH. That would makes sense.
  15. Tiktak

Yes. Exactly.
    The order on the TP was: 1 Blunt Thing (x8) + 25 Credits (x8) for 1 Shiny Thing (x8)
    The other 4 Blunt Things up on the AH
  16. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

But what if I don't have 3 Shiny Items with me, but I know I can make them. I have to go back to my home, make the items and run back to the TP. In that time someone else could have fulfilled that order already, leaving me with the 3 items. I can put them on the AH, sure. But instead of having a sure sell, I just have to wait and see if someone else wants to buy them.

There should be an option on the TP that you agree with making the items. Like signing a contract. You pay a deposit to counter cheating. You have then a set amount of time (maybe you can set that yourself, like 1 hr or 1 day) to make the items and fulfill the order. Maybe the buyer have to agree to this? If you aren't able to fulfill the contract (in time) you loose your deposit money. If you fulfill your order (in time) you get your deposit back.
  17. Tiktak

Surely the TP will be accessable from your house with the right upgrades. AH too maybe?
    A cool little mailbox in one corner of your yard right outside the front door maybe? heh.
    Black Wolf likes this.
  18. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Of course it should be available in your house. :-P We have the Internet, they have Nexusnet.

Even with that option available, it still leaves a small amount of time (while making the items) that someone else fulfills the order before you.
  19. Kirathis

I would say combine the AH and TP into one function. To use the examples already presented...

Blunt Things are worth 25 Credits/Coins
    Shiny Things are worth 200 Credits/Coins

So if I need Shiny Things I put up 8 Blunt Things and say I will sell them for 200 Credits or a Shiny Thing. To prevent the issue that Black Wolf mentioned, the buyer who chooses the Shiny Things option puts down the 200 credits as a deposit and then has a set amount of time to replace the credits with the item or they forfeit their deposit and receive the Blunt Things for the 200 Credits.

Conceivably the AH/TP functionality would be in areas that also have ready access to crafting facilities/housing/whatever they use for crafting locations/item caches.

Yes, the idea is a bit complicated and could benefit from streamlining but it would open up a whole new dynamic to the AH system. Also, while I have enjoyed their benefit, it would make things like an auction monitoring system less functional. Of course, those add-ons were also a double-edged sword. It made it hard to change the pricing on something but it did give more honesty to prices in some ways too. Hrm, perplexing. I will have to noodle on this some more.
  20. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Well even if they don't incorporate the ideas then they should at least call the Auction House, "Trading Post," instead since its a much cooler name. :D