1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Economy Q&A

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

I know in essence it was a different game completely, but I miss the SWG trading aspect.

I was known for making fantastic armor for instance, the best around - so people would come from miles to my house, to buy armor from my personal shop.

Or, they would contact me with a specific order, or to get gear repaired.

I know SWG was really ALL about crafting and less about combat, but I'd love to see aspects of that incorporated into Wildstar :)
  2. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I would like more than WoW-esque crafting and it reads to me at least like crafting in WS will be more indepth. However, I'm not sure how much more would really interest me before it becomes too much effort to bother. Hopefully Carbine will find that middle ground.
  3. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I've heard about SWG's crafting/sandbox type of setup. I doubt Wildstar's crafting will be as involved.
    I am hoping for something more involved than WoW, Rift and especially Swtor. So far from what I have read it seems like we will get something in between the two schools.
  4. Lemonater

Lemonater New Cupcake

As a serious player of Runes of Magic, I hope their costume system here is something similar to RoM. I look forward to having the ability to change up how I look as the event or occasion arises. Gear modification will be great fun too. I just hope they give us plenty of room to store said items rather than having to resort to alternate accounts to hold items. Hopefully the crafting system is an intricate portion of the game, rather than a sideshow. I love the ideas here about the auction house, esp the "trade" idea. This game has so much to look forward to.
  5. Heaven'sExplorer

Heaven'sExplorer New Cupcake

I'm happy that they are making a complex crafting and Item system, because I personally find that important in a game. Thanks Carbine, we can't wait to find out all the juicy details!
  6. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I would like for it to sort of follow the way ArenaNet has set up the crafting in GW2. Granted, I could do without all of the extra XP from crafting. It can get a bit out of hand. However, GW2's crafting is very in depth. You start with very few patterns/recipes. You create base items like bars of bronze and bolts of cloth and then use them to create elements for the actual items such as bronze glove lining and casing.

The part that I really like is that a lot of what you get is done through a discovery process. You create a few items and then check the discovery tab to see if any items may have patterns available. You put one item into the spaces and it will tell you how many patterns exist with that item. Any other items you have that can be combined will be shown. Ones that do not work are covered in red. You can then add any combinations you want to find a new pattern. More of a discovery than just buy a pattern from a vendor for money.

Best of all, it is not a create 30 of this item then 40 of this to level. It is laid out really well. My description is not really doing the complexity of it justice. However, if Wildstar implements something similar, I will be perfectly happy.
  7. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Good to see some answers here, and hey great site, never found it before but glad you are here TY. Great to know Carbine are looking at the different playstyles of gamers and putting plenty of content in there to keep us occupied. Well done.
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I would love new recipies through discovery and through reverse engineering. It just makes sense. Limited amount of basic recipies from a vendor, and then balls out on making and breaking items.

I could see a social tier added to it, so if you are working crafting/reverse engineering in a group, you have a higher chance of discovering a recipy if someone else in the group has it. RP speaking, in a group, if someone knows how to do something better, they might think about showing their mates the method in such a situation, right :)
    With the option to totally disable recipy trading, if one is more inclined to hoard rare recipies. Would mean not gaining them through social crafting either.
    Tiktak likes this.
  9. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I love this idea. Guilds that -gasp- work together outside of dungeons/raiding and battlegrounds/arenas?
  10. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Instead of a chance of discovering the recipe if someone else has it in the group, I would rather see a master/apprentice relationship where you explictly take on an apprentice. I wouldn't want a teaching session like EQ where you grouped up a bunch of people and the "teacher" kept talking in a language until you understood what he said. The master would know if the apprentice is ready to learn the new technique and would then just teach it to him without discover.

Of course, the group idea is ok if the person wants to teach the secret technique he discovered, just not as personable to me. So, I guess it is fine if that is what the person wants to do. I just wouldn't want the learner to be able to discover it unless he had enough skill.
  11. Jazra

Jazra New Cupcake

The costume system sounds a bit like LOTRo's outfitting system. And if it is similar, I will be very satisfied. :)

I completely agree! I find myself saving random pieces I've picked up here and there that I think I'll use, but end up just sitting in my bank forever! LOL
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  12. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I have to bump this, because I am very pleased to see W* will have a dye system similar to GW2's. Aesthetics is a HUGE part of MMO gaming for me. The more freedom, the better! I don't care if I have to BUY dyes! And costumes to cover armor? Really? REALLY?
    Maddog Charlie likes this.