1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Epic Drop: WildStar Paths

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, May 21, 2013.

1. Isli

Isli New Cupcake

didnt care much for the Class dissmissed video but the Devspeak was enterteining as usual, we got to see some new weapons atleast :)
  2. Clockwerk

Clockwerk Cupcake

*sad* the world seems static like before in those videos :-( nothing changed. swtor 2.0? Please not
  3. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Self owned by possessive apostrophe versus personal pronoun :( Touché good sir!

Would you accept 'I was learning to kill stuff' as an excuse? :D (or we can just rewrite the forum post after we win!).
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  4. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

What do you mean by static. To me the whole video was obviously done in a beta as the textures and colors seemed bland.

Loved the videos though, and apparently F2P does not in fact have a new class reveal. They worded their ad wrong, or so they say ;)
  5. Jinlux

Jinlux New Cupcake

Oh my lord. This is awesome! Settler inc! I can't wait to play this game! :)
  6. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

I am now really looking forward to playing a Mechari scientist, but the settler looks insanely cool now as well. Would love to build up a settlement and shops and such. But I'll be happy being a walking encyclopedia in game as a scientist.
  7. Sebrent

Sebrent New Cupcake

Entertaining and informative as usual.

I've quickly grown to love these videos, as have several guildies. New ones can never get here quick enough!

This definitely has me interested in trying each path, if I allow myself to suffer from alt-itis.

My only concern with paths is still whether or not there will be path-restricted skills, etc. that are considered "required", "best-in-slot", "optimal", etc. for raiding, PvP, etc.. I'm hoping this won't happen as I'd love to make the decision based on the content I want to do, not in being able to min-max for various game content.
  8. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

What do you mean by static?
  9. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

If I take this guy's meaning correctly, I agree - the videos looked great and I got to see some cool stuff (Hooray!) ... but I didn't actually learn anything new. Everything that was said in these vids has been available for weeks, I really wanted a class/race reveal - or at least something with more substance than style.

That being said, still great looking vids and always nice to have something new to comment on...
  10. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

EXCELLENT job on Voxine's voice. Not sure who did that but it was well done. It did give me a very Star War's feel.. which is good and bad. Mostly good as the sounds and music from Star Wars always are a bit inspiring. Who doesn't feel a little joy when they hear...

11. Sebrent

Sebrent New Cupcake

Nicely done. I look forward to when there is some actual PvP content to be shown and discussed.

As far as thoughts on gear, I like the idea that the highest-end PvP gear will be attained from warplots. Since losing in warplots makes you lose a large investment, I think this is needed to incentivize people to attempt this high-risk gameplay in order for a chance for equally high rewards.

I do have some worries about warplots, but I'll wait till we have more info before I start to voice them.
  12. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe what he meant was that all animals, flora and fauna have very little life to it. Basically if you remove user played characters from dve speak videos you won't see much life in them. All beast and animals are like from some bad dream where everything is almost asleep. Reminds me of fade (dream world or smth) from the Dragon Age Origins. It's very wowish in this regard. I'd like to see more animals running, playing with each other, hunting, jumping, having fun, drinking, observing you (and other animals/creatures), hiding, etc. Not just staying there to be interact with before they do anything. C'mon, I know they want it to run on comps from 5 years ago but remember Carbine, fun is king!
  13. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

That can actually be seen in the video on F2P.com. I wouldn't expect to see that kind of thing in the videos released by Carbine as those kinds of things are (a) dynamic and (b) not the focus of their videos.
  14. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

I like how the Mechari (especially Voxine) are sorta bug like with the way their mandibles twitch.
  15. Gronky

One can only hope. It's them who all the time says that fun is king. But I couldn't see much fun yet (fun = live environment). Which game play video on F2P looks alive in your opinion?
  16. moneda

About 16 minutes into the "May 2013 Press Tour" video you can see an NPC walking through town with a hovering cart following him, like he's a miner returning with goods; 26 minutes into that same video the presenter stops to answer questions and a predator is spontaneously attacking some other form of wildlife. In their "Exclusive gameplay footage" video you can see mobs pathing in the distance.
  17. Gronky

That much we already have in WoW. I expect more from the game which is 10 years younger. They can even make some of those living things none interactive (like crows or smth) and volume of live in the game could be lowered down in the menu if somebody has old comp, but they should give us something live to look at all the time (I remember rats and similar stuff in Diablo 3 or water flowing in canals or whatever). It should not cost them a lot and would greatly improve experience for those with mid range-high end processors. For 40 man raids everybody would turn it off obviously but with 40 people around it won't be needed :)
  18. moneda

In an older video, after the player kills an animal, vulture-like birds fly down and eat the carcass. As I said before, I wouldn't expect to see these kinds of things in the videos released by Carbine. These are things to try and see when you play the game.
  19. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

Great videos yet again. Voxine's voice was awesome, and I love the Wildstar twist each new video and gameplay element has.
  20. Bennymanjelly

Bennymanjelly New Cupcake

Is it just me or does JPHigginbottom look like he is foaming from the mouth?