1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Epic Drop: WildStar Paths

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, May 21, 2013.

1. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope they will show it sometime before they release the game or I won't buy it ;)

For me it looks similar to beer bubbles :D
  2. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Cheers for the vids. =)
  3. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

He has a MOSStache!
  4. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Settler Path is exactly what i'd hoped it would be :up:
  5. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Were you thinking (read the following in a Scottish accent) 'Algae and get ma coat' after cracking that joke?

Ahem, I couldn't help lichen it though :D
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  6. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I could never quite understand people basing their decision on something as trivial as lack of critters or wildlife. Judging by their sense of humour, there will be plenty of little touches here and there, however, even if there were none, I always thought it's the quality of the gameplay that makes the game, not graphic fluff or lack of it.

GW2 has moving grass, splashing water, animals here and there. I know it's there but I don't think I've ever stopped to wonder about it in game. Too busy doing stuff :p And it's not even a game I play too often. The lack of content that suits my taste pushes me away from it, yes, the world is pretty, guess you could say it's lively, but so is the one outside my window, I don't want to stare at the game, I want to play it. It will be hiving with people, dynamic events, and that's good enough if you ask me :p

And then, there is The Sheep. Really, wadup?
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  7. Gronky

Well, if I just wanted game play as you see it, I would go soldier path. I'm going to choose explorer or scientist though, therefore I will need an interesting environment to explore, something to look at, something dynamic, alive and a lot of it. WoW has a great game play but its world is too static for my taste after 10 years, though I loved the graphic and all back then. Everything needs to move forward and wildstar does, too. It has much better characters, better fight dynamics and humour than WoW. But the word they create (supposedly similar to pixar/disney) begs for more live in it or otherwise people who's watched movies from those two companies will be disappointed. Not all of them are gamers yet but many of them don't mind to be if they can move into lively, breathing world similar to what pixar/disney shows to them. Currently I don't see, that wildstar moved forward much in this regard, which should not be that difficult at all. They must improve in every aspect in relation to WoW. They almost got it all, just that one thing left. So get one more programmer, two graphic designers/animators and show us some live Carbine, please. Myself I'd like to see some prairie dogs on those deserts which are so common in wildstar world :)
  8. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Not sure I understand how a critter affects the explorer path but that's fair enough, we like different things. Hope you'll find WS satisfactory enough in that regard and come play anyhow ;)
  9. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Who do you expect to wander through the world and take pictures or video of things like prairie dogs for you?
  10. Cowboy

I saw the opportunity and couldn't leaf it alone. What can I say? I'm just a fungi.
    Veckna likes this.
  11. Gronky

Whomever invented the explorer path ;)
  12. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

It's Oakay mate. I was Pine-ing for more jokes but Yew delivered. I twigged what you were on about as I tried to get to the root of the joke, I guess I'm just a sap. Bark when I was a young lad we would chat for days on end but I must admit we'd get Sycamore jokes like this at some point and pack the joke books up in our trunk.
    I'm not sure there's mushroom for more of these (what can I say - life's a Beech, or Birch, at times).
    If I really wanted to scrape the barrel I could tell you stories about my Harley-Davidson, out on the road it was just Ma Hog an' I (ahem :whistling:).
    Anyway, I must dash as I'm needed at the boating lake. Apparently I have a lot of Rowan to do.

All that from 2 beers :oops: (don't Ash...hic)
  13. Cowboy

A Researcher or Scientist? For one to study and further understand perhaps...
    Alverad likes this.
  14. Eight8Eight

Eight8Eight Cupcake

Helmet with Blue Visor and Hood
  15. Dekros

Dekros Cupcake

I loved how the only Mechari present in the class is biting his nails after Agent Voxine has explained the dangers of planet Nexus.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  16. Eerie

Eerie New Cupcake

This made me so excited!
    I can't wait to play wildstar, I just hope it gets released during summer and not after. Work+MMorpgs doesnt go well together
  17. elsnakeo

elsnakeo New Cupcake

Same here. As long as it's before college starts back up in the fall I'll be quite content.
  18. souper

souper Founding Member

Ah man, I love those videos so much. Always fun and informative.

I still don't know which path to choose. Every time I see a new video on them I keep changing my mind.

I generally don't suffer from altitis but I think Wildstar will change that. :up:
  19. Dtrain

Dtrain Cupcake

Spellslinger Scientist for me i think.. 'tho all those paths really seem awesome imo.
    Explorers get to see a lot more, Soldiers get to test weapons, Settlers get to build stuff (mounts:inlove:) and much more... Can't wait to find out what happened to Elden :geek:
  20. Banelight

Banelight New Cupcake

:( So do we know if the 2nd wave of Beta invites have gone out yet??