1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Guilding the Space-Lily

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As our Guild Forums here on WSC show, there's a whole pile of organised players waiting in the wings ready to jump into Nexus and make their mark. Until now, details on the benefits ingame for guilds have been patchy.

Not any more - because this weeks' WSW lays down what benefits a guild organisation in WildStar can get! Read more after the quote for the full article.

( Read more )
  2. Crazyblade

Crazyblade Cupcake

Ah, that's why my thread got locked... :cool:
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You shouldn't copy a whole text anyway :p (there are rules)

Anyway I like the looks so far!
  4. Crazyblade

Crazyblade Cupcake

I know, I just got my wrist slapped by Zap :oops: Bad Chua!

And yes, it looks great.
  5. King Radinov

King Radinov Cupcake

Very interesting news. I'd eager to see it in action. I wonder how good it will be at fostering more group play in guilds.
  6. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

pft freindship is NOT magic, Solo player for life, forever alone...
  7. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

Etan likes this.
  8. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

"Bunny Bruiser Squad" They're trying to steal one my guild ideas...
    [​IMG]
  9. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I see potential in this, even beyond the obvious 40-man raider perks. There could be benefits to guilds containing members of varying endgame goals.

Most of your guild currency (influence) will likely come from the day-to-day actions and adventures, which would be your general PvP'ers and guys who want to focus on 5-man dungeons. So the majority of your influence will come from the guys who log in, form a guild group and spend a few hours a day grinding dungeons/battlegrounds.

Once that initial rush to gear up for raids has died down, raiding will probably settle in to a 2-night a week or so thing. My past experience with guilds has been that some raiders generally log in for raid time and otherwise you rarely see them. You will need those everyday guys (PvP'ers and 5-mans) to fund the guildwide buffs and consumables for raid nights.

And of course anyone who prefers to solo will benefit from the guildwide buffs. But if he doesn't participate in group stuff now-and-then to earn his keep, he will probably get booted.

Sounds like a neat concept. Will be good to see how it actually works in-game.
  10. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I want to get the guild created before game release like I did in LOTRO. That was awesome
  11. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

This influence is a bit of a double-edged sword. Players won't feel compelled to group with anyone outside their guild.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  12. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Hopefully there will be a similar benefit to forming a Circle and grouping with those members, otherwise I feel you are correct.
  13. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

14. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

this is awesome. i cant wait to make a guild in this game.

one thing though ... try and find a way to deal with people feeling the need to ginvite every level 1, seconds after they enter the world. i wish I had a good suggestion on how to do that, but .. with incentives .. this is probably hard to stop.

idk how wow used to do it, but there used to be players in level 1 zones, giving out gear, and being nice to people in an attempt to recruit them ... now its come down to who has the faster script.

id almost suggest not allowing guilds to invite people until level 10 and instead allowing low levels to apply to guilds? of course then you will just have scripts that spam people as soon as they reach level 10 .. so .. idk ..

damn humans .. damn damn humans and their burgeoning humanity.

chua ftw!! no self respecting chua would ever invite some random scrub into their guild :)
    Extatica likes this.
  15. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Well, they still have to actually play with those recruits if they mean to reap the rewards. I suppose if you have enough brand new guildies that's not and issue, but they can't just brand em and let em loose like some guilds may be apt to do.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Kind of surprised they didn't mention much on guild size or restriction on number of members.

The holomarks are neat through. A unique way to carry the guild banner. On a raid, team leaders can set their holomark above their heads and everyone gets on on their back or whatever. Now everyone can tell at a glance where there team leader is and where to rally.

I guess in a way this really does encourage small guilds. By small, let's say 20ish. I don't think it will really influence things that much as larger guilds get to impose that guild tax over more members. So they have the advantage there.

Though I am in agreement with some others. It greatly reduces the desire to play with someone outside of your guild. For example, you and three guildmates are teamed up and running along in open world. You pickup a wandering medic who acts as a healer for your group. then twenty minutes later another one of your guildmates logs on. Many groups will be tempted to kick the medic from the group in favor of the other guildmate in order to earn more influence.

Erm....what was the final word in cross-realm communication? I must have missed that and I can't seem to find a reference. Or am I thinking that cross-realm meaning communication across two different servers instead of communication between factions?
  17. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

They initially had guild size in increments,as can still be seen on the Guild Tab, but apparently they tweeted they are doing away with the increments. A guild can be up to 500 people right out of the gate.

No direct communication between factions, though there is a RIVALS tab. Not 100% what that will be for. Cross-Realm means you can chat with folks on other servers.
  18. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

*Cries at the vast number of Chua that won't be able to understand her when calling them names!*
  19. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

Looks good, I'm liking the holomarks. nice way to show your guild pride.
  20. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

NCSoft games have had cross-realm tech since City of Heroes in 2004. Well, that feature came later in 2005ish, but it's been in Guild Wars 2 also.

I have to imagine the RIVALS tab being a way to /friend enemies worth talking to, probably with a validation on both sides to prevent grief chatting.