1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - (Re)Announcing the Spellslinger

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

0:37
    The Rowsdower watches us.
  2. Jaxxa

Jaxxa Cupcake

Just poppin in to say that this weeks SS AMA has begun on reddit, the devs are listening...like, right now.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  3. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

That's why you include a link on your post, so people can go straight away to it :D
  4. Jaxxa

Jaxxa Cupcake

kaimarshall likes this.
  5. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Awesome, thanks Jaxxa, I figured you would be putting this up here and I have been waiting for the AMA to be finished so I could read it.

:up:
  6. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, no worries. Thanks :)
  7. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Nuttin wrong wit dat.... And thanks for the links
    [​IMG]
  8. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I saw a few answers I didn't care for, I will assume the balance will be correct when all is said and done, but I'd like a dev to expand on this some more -
    It seems like every time we turn around, the CC abilities are being lessened, it feels like by the time the game launches, you will only ever be CC'd for .005 seconds if you are lucky.........so why are they putting CC in the game if they keep reducing it to practically nothing.

I would hope that this doesn't apply to rare drop mobs or world bosses like Kazzak or the green dragons from Wow
  9. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Ahah I think that demon Rowsdower that said "Soon" in an early devspeak must be a void creature!
  10. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Here's what I liked (edited together from different people):

"There are three specific abilities that use portals currently:

Gate: The ‘slinger opens a portal and teleports forward. Currently, you are able to use a well-timed “Gate” (teleport ability) to avoid or reduce falling damage ;D.

Spatial Shift: The ‘slinger opens up a portal between their feet and an enemy’s feet to swap positions with them. It cannot be cast on the move and in fact also holds the target in place while casting. This is to prevent [switching places while jumping off a cliff]. (too bad!)

Void Slip: The ‘slinger slips into the Void an alternate dimension for a short time. It’s too dangerous to stay there for too long.

What you saw in the Devspeak video was the Spellslinger using Voidslip. It is an alternate dimension where you can escape to for a short time. Keep in mind that other Spellslingers can enter the void as well and chase you down.

The Spellslinger’s ability “Void Slip” sends them into the void for a few seconds, but it can be upgraded to last closer to 7 seconds. This is something we will be tweaking through beta.

Most importantly: "are there guns the size of a baby planned to be introduced to the game? this is important to me, I won't accept revolvers any smaller than that!"

There are definitely some big @ss guns to be found."
  11. Cruel

Cruel New Cupcake

oh man im excited
  12. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

After looking at the stream, i think the spellslinger sure looking hard to play in pvp (wich is a good thing).
    Just have to wait and see how the "medic" will work - Its between thouse two for me.
  13. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I agree with you there, I think slipping into the void is going to be a "pro" move, and end up being huge in Pvp, and a major strat tactic in raids.
  14. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Spellslinger looking good but, the only thing keeping me from confirming the class as my main is the engineer and the medic. This may be the first mmo I play where I just create two classes right from the beginning.
  15. schmell

schmell New Cupcake

No, there was also a guy somewhere in Switzerland. You two should meet up for coffee!