1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - The Esper Returns!

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Nov 13, 2013.

1. SnailPlissken

SnailPlissken Cupcake

A countdown til the next Live event! Can't wait! :D

[​IMG]

(Updates by refreshing)
    Tribe likes this.
  2. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

the facebooks need to implement a special love option (better than like) for this game.
    Irullan likes this.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

CptElendi likes this.
  4. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Let's beat them to it....
    Medicine-man and Gadget-guy
    Physician and Scientist
    Band-aider and Circuit-breaker
    Cell regenrationist and Portable technologist
    Mcoy and Macgyver
    ruff_ethereal, Baamz, Inukeu and 2 others like this.
  5. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

With all the premature holiday madness I've been seeing this year I need an escape from it where ever possible
    *side note: I love that movie/anything with Bill Murray
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Doubt they'd use Scientist, as it is already the name of a Path. How about Rocketeer/Gageteer for the Engineer and Sawbones for the Medic.

*MacGyver, he's of Scottish descent.

Scrooged is amazing. It would be a real slugfest to determine which was the better Bill Murray holiday film, that or Groundhog Day.
    RavenWind likes this.
  7. Mathmatix

Mathmatix New Cupcake

I saw this too, cant wait for the medic class page. I need to see the armor on the different races.
  8. mykx

mykx New Cupcake

Anyone notice at the end when the aurin gives the double middle finger? Maybe its an emote!
  9. deucengine

deucengine New Cupcake

I think that was two thumbs up.
  10. mykx

mykx New Cupcake

Lol, yeah I see that too now that you mentioned it. The way her hands rolled into the gesture made it seem like the double middle finger to me. Usually when the thumbs up is given it is done with a small jut, forward or up, of the hands.
  11. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

One minor 'concern', is that all the illusions and psyblade abilities are all blue. Reminds me of the guardian in gw2, and that ended up boring me. I like a little variety in my colors.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

On a fun note, on the class page they have since changed the sentence back to "WildStar Whup-Ass! Now available in six deliciously vicious flavors - Warrior, Esper, Stalker, Spellslinger, ??? and ???!" So, pretty much teasing us.

So after Ravenwind's and Tribe's guesses, I'm going to add "Smurf" and "Umpa-Lumpa" to class name list.

It's been brought up a couple times in threads earlier this year. Being able to color some or all of our powers would be neat. Essentially, letting the dye system for armor apply to them. Maybe even weapons too. Nothing at all has really been mentioned about it, but a couple of other games allow custom ability coloring. City of Heroes and Champions Online are the ones that pop to my mind. Though, it was not always available at launch.

It would be a nice quality of life improvement after launch and something else to make our characters look unique, adding another layer of customization. I'm sure some people would like their psyblades to be blood red.
    RavenWind likes this.
  13. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Well, not all of the abilities are blue. Looks like Healing skills are gold: dreams on allies, projected spirit (the Dawngrazer, the animal the Esper turns into in the video), and Phantasmal Armor (the golden armor at the end of video) for example.
  14. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Q - Can one customize the look of their spells?

Q - How early and to what extent can an Esper expect to customize/change their weapons' appearances and thus their spell's graphics? Or is a spell's graphic static?

Sapien likes this.
  15. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Esper livestream has started get your ass over to twitch.
  16. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

epic stream, dem wipes! so funneh :roflamo: will have to watch it again once its loaded up in high quality that pvp blew me away srsly and them stalkers I was not exspecting that! they are some... tricky fellows... thats fer sure

the esper itself looks really cool and alot of fun cant wait to roll one as a alt one day :up:
  17. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Too distracted with Hearthstone yesterday to catch the entire stream. I watched the highlight video Zybak until I can watch the entire stream on youtube.

Question: I saw the AMP system point allocation system in the stream. for anyone who knows can you reallocate your points(tiers) out of combat the same way you can your skills? or do you have to go to a skill vendor equivalent for the tiers?

To carbine: keep up the good work. I think you guys may be the best dev streamers I have seen. I hope this continues beyond release for major updates for the game etc. :)
  18. RavenWind

In the Warrior LiveStream they mentioned creating Saved Sets even with AMPS, but then they went on to say respeccing AMPS would have an escalating cost, so its not entirely clear. There is a thread in the forums discussing this.
    ObliviousPrime likes this.
  19. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Cupcake

Hey guys. I missed the Esper livestream on Saturday! Where can I watch a complete video, the Twitch one seems to start midway?
    Thanks in advance.
  20. RavenWind

TheDoctor likes this.