1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Wednesday - Winter (Beta) is Coming!

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Martini

Martini Cupcake

We can all cross our fingers. :) I love being able to get in there and help shape the game and make it better.
  2. Zephiris

Zephiris New Cupcake

No chance in hell to get a key through the selection process. Its always so <REDACTED>ing annoying seen those same people have beta keys in every game. Talking about the more 'well known' streamers even though they dont do jack <REDACTED> in regards to actually testing.

Im jealous......... :$
  3. Mountebank

Mountebank New Cupcake

It's okay to be envious of those getting into Beta, but please remember that Beta is not the same as early access. There are a lot of negatives to beta, and those invited, while somewhat random, at this stage they are often selected based upon a specific set of desired criteria that rarely have much to do with their credentials or capacity as a tester. You have little control of how and what and when your beta testers 'test.'

Furthermore, if you get bugs from a beta tester, that's great, but you can't count on those bugs being on the features or systems you want, or even forecast those bug numbers, nor can you count on the quality of the bugs they may or may not find. I cannot speak for WildStar, but in some projects your beta environment is a whole other branch, and your in-house or contracted QA may have already found (and verified a fix for) those bugs on their QA environment. It could even be that some 'bugs' the beta testers find are invalid insofar as they're symptomatic of a missing system or feature that exists only in the Dev environment at the time.

TLDR: It's great if beta testers test, but they typically aren't selected (nor should they be judged) based on their testing ability or knowledge. Please don't feel bad if you've been waiting for beta for awhile. It isn't personal. :)
  4. Rikkijay

Rikkijay New Cupcake

Now that the holidays are almost over, there will be some new invites coming out (sure would love one!!!).
    Waiting on a spring release is killing me, I've been on vacation all this month hoping on a beta key (go back on the 5th). I still got this week....ugh...3 months?
  5. Zattebanjo

Zattebanjo New Cupcake

This would be my face if i recieved beta https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1601480_10201908199524758_1998154121_n.jpg it actually is my face .....
  6. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Just got a surprise. :) < this is my face.
    Mhairi and Mountebank like this.
  7. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Lucky.
  8. Mountebank

Mountebank New Cupcake

Nice, Corey! Consider me envious. :)
  9. Quke

Quke New Cupcake

I followed this game for many long times now, I for beta first time signed up in August 2011, not a single word yet :-( I hope relased it is before May (No hopes), so I can spend my over left vaction playing in begining.
  10. Peter Ko

Peter Ko New Cupcake