1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will different Races have varying hitbox sizes?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Drayvo, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

I've noticed Granok and Mechari are 9 feet tall and other races are much smaller, but I have found no verbalization from Carbine that varying hitbox sizes will (or will not) be a gameplay mechanic. This could prove to have a profound impact regarding one's racial selection, especially for a PvPer.

Having a small hitbox is generally considered to be a HUGE advantage in PvP because skillshots are harder to land and this can be true for raiding/bossfights as well.

Targeted heals are the most prominent reason I can think of for actually wanting a large hitbox. It is beneficial for healers to be able to find and target a desired teammate, especially as a tank.

Anyone else have thoughts, speculation, or concerns?
  2. Lids

Lids Cupcake

It would be suicide if they did this, it would be the single factor is destroying so many aspects of the game, a smaller hit box is always an advantage, you are not trading something else of to gain something like the race system works - the second you start making things just clearly better than others with no positives in both directions, you are going to see problems.
  3. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Indeed, ingame PvP would be all chuas/aurins. Hope to see Normalized Hitboxes.
  4. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

I doubt it, and I sincerely hope I am correct in that for the reasons listed already. :/
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If they do, it should only apply to Chua's for they are awesome!

But they won't, in a action/movement oriented game, with alot of telegraphed spells it's just a no-go. It would inbalance things to a degree it's not good for both PvP AND PvE (since they won't be hit as easily by bosses as some other races).

All in all i don't think they'll go that route.
  6. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

Yeah, from what I've seen thus far, I would have to say that Carbine is a little too smart to make that mistake.
  7. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

I agree, I don't think they will, but Tera didn't normalize hitboxes. Needless to say everyone who took the game seriously was running around as the 8-year-old girl race (Elin) or the fat, creepy, fuzzy animal race (Popori) because they were small, haha.

More importantly however, if they do normalize hitboxes (which I will seek confirmation on from Carbine and let us know) a small problem will arise for the large and small races: skill shot hit and misses could often be misleading or seem inaccurate because of small races seemingly getting hit by skillshots they closely avoid or large races seemingly avoiding getting hit by skillshots that appear to clip them. Obviously not as big of a problem, but in a game that is much more skillshot dependent than WoW (which has normalized) it could be noticeable enough to annoy some people.

I'll try and get a Carbine person in here to give us an answer.