1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will people resent the DPS medic?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Malachi, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I'm worried that they will. In every MMO, there is an abundance of DPS and not enough healers.

I can hear it already. "Dude, look at your name, you're a MEDIC. Why are you playing DPS?"

Will there be a stigma against the medic that plays as DPS?
  2. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

probably but i have the perfect response

Cant you see that i am a bloody crazy sociopathic evil CHUA????Do you really think a true Chua would do anything else other than inflict vast amounts of pain with experimental weapons??

if you see a chua healing then he simply confused the weapons he took while in a rush to jump into murderous pvp :D

but anyway, who cares what others think? We Chua live in a far more interesting and free world and we arent bothered by such puny things
    Dargenus, Stich and BStrait57 like this.
  3. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

Yeah, there are people out there who will get mad at a medic for playing DPS. They are called idiots.

If the spec is viable, I feel like a majority of players won't give them any guff. God willing.
    Veckna likes this.
  4. Ares

Ares New Cupcake

To be honest I don't really get why they went with the name. Something like Field Tech isn't any lamer, would get rid of the stigma and would actually be more descriptive of what the class is. Calling it Medic just seems like doing it a disservice (other than not confusing new players who are just looking for the obvious healer class).
  5. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    I could see more new players (New to MMO gaming if those exists) possibly having trouble with it for the first month but after that not so much.
    It's good that they made the Aurin, those will take a lot of guff in the beginning, so that should help take a lot of the spotlight off the Medic.
    People still make fun of Blood Elves, and Blood Elves still talk about how "Fabulous" their Hair is.
  6. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I think traditionalists will always have a beef for DPS specs of a class they see as a pure healer. Even today people still question the existence of the shadow priest in WoW.

The problem is with the people who dislike male BE then, They only fuel the return fire of being the only good looking males in WoW. (I have a whole male BE harem, Aurin Harem coming soon to Wildstar.)

the biggest issue is people think Male BE are too good looking to be Horde, Then again looking at both factions its clear Blizzard beat all other males with an ugly stick.
  7. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

haha sure sure
    I was just using that as an example.
    I do think that Aurin jokes will be more common than Medic hate though
  8. Brox

Brox New Cupcake

I will be playing a pure DPS medic myself. If someone ever questions my motives for playing DPS and not healer based on my class, then I will simply throw their logic back at them and ask why they are playing DPS and not their support role of healer/tank. Since you know, every class in this game is a hybrid and capable of healing or tanking.
    Ianpact, Saza, Taher and 1 other person like this.
  9. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

nice point!!
  10. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

11. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

one of my excuses as shadow priest in WoW was "I am keeping the tank's health up, By making the thing hitting them become dead."
    Yazra, Elloa, BadCat and 3 others like this.
  12. Azy

Azy New Cupcake

It is your time and your money. You are here to enjoy your self and not to please others.

If someone wants a healer so bad they should roll one.
    Sapien likes this.
  13. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

After watching Zybaks pvpstream on twitch with the Medic i have no worries at all. ;)
    - I know its still beta and it aint balanced yet and the beta is full of nubs like me, but it was hell of a fun to see that match. :up:
  14. CrissLFG

CrissLFG New Cupcake

Maybe, but Medics can be perfectly viable dps, so as long as you perform, no one has a reason to complain. :) Just play what you want, people will always find something to complain about anyway. ;)
    Aheadache likes this.
  15. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

I agree with this. You paid to enjoy the game, not to do what will please others.
  16. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

Id like to gain access to ehse... harems of yours.
  17. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Medic will be fine if they want to DPS, or even hybrid. They have all of the tools and math to support it for raiding and partying from even the current beta notes I've skimmed through fansites, as well as the typing.
  18. Tidezen

Tidezen Cupcake

Wow, pvp actually looks really fun in this game. Not having to tab target through enemies to get the one you want is going to be nice. That stream was great fun to watch, here's the link for those interested:
    http://www.twitch.tv/zybak/c/3421957

I really see the advantage the Medic has there, having some nice big, wide telegraphs helps you keep hitting people while you can dodge and weave around theirs. And I'm thinking they might be the anti-stalker class, being able to stay just out of melee range, and with those big fast AoEs to break people out of stealth. Of course, it's low-level, so people don't have all their tools yet. And beta of course.

And while I personally have no interest in playing a spellslinger, it looks like a twitch-aimer one might be a monster on the PvP battlefield. In that vid it seemed they were missing most of their shots though. I see that as being an exceedingly difficult class for the average pvper.
    Sapien likes this.
  19. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

I shall merely quote my own badass Russian Cyberpunk medtech: "Sniping is Surgery too, da?".

Sadly, I don't think the WS* medic will be able to wield a 6 ft long Ramjet Rifle. :cry:
  20. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

they will be fine as long as their dps is within 5% of the others. any more and the min / maxers will throw a fit if you are a dps medic especially if the medic is the top healer in the game.