1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will people resent the DPS medic?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Malachi, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

I resent anyone who out dps' me, so I'll definitely be on the resentment train.

And now to go cry over the implications of my statement.
  2. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

What I am wondering is while I know PVP and PVE will be two gear sets I wonder if say a DPS spec will have different gear than a healing spec or if both specs of a class will use the same stats just in different ways.

A good example comparable to the WS medic is the WoW Shadow Priest, They needed a healing set despite both specs being casting. Any priest always had two sets maybe three.

In simple terms how does task impact worn gear in this game?
  3. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

DPS and healing (or tanking) gear will be separate. It's possible that you could have some small overlap but a DPS dude isn't going to stack support power like a healer. With hybrid specs I expect all DPS will have some small amount of support power, but healing gear will most likely be stacking support power higher (this is an example of only one attribute, it applies to lots of em).

Plus with the attributes constantly soft-capping it might be useful to always have every attribute soft capped with your "main" attributes hard-core capped or whatever. Dunno yet, no end-game.

This might be heresy to link this on wildstar-central, but take a look at WildStar Fan's attribute chart (bottom of the page)

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/12/chief-sarcans-guide-to-attributes.html

i.e. DPS medics want Tech (assault power), while healing medics want insight (support power).
  4. Volktar

Volktar Cupcake

Shallow minded people will always think medics should be healing.
  5. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

In wow you would once and awhile get someone flaming shadow priests. Never mind they are some of the best sustained DPS in the game.
  6. DemosthenesHPW

DemosthenesHPW New Cupcake

Oh how I miss my Shadow Priest. Anyway, I really think with the whole "any class can fill one of two rolls" thing going on here, it's likely that even if you got a question like "why don't you heal?" That you could always turn that around on, "well, why aren't YOU healing/tanking?"
    Domi Dayglow likes this.