1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will TESO beta invite timeframe impact Wildstar's timeframe?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Anhrez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

<from gamebreaker tv site>
    According to the internet’s favorite blue bird, Elder Scrolls Online beta invites will be making their way into players’ inboxes this week. The following tweet went out today in response to a fan inquiry about when we’ll be seeing said invites — which just goes to prove that lots of exclamation points and question marks can not be ignored.

Site link
  2. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

Well I guess that depends on when you thought Beta invites would go out for Wild Star. As it will always be just conjecture I am not sure that it is worth discussing.
  3. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I don't think it matters honestly, since they are two completely different MMO's. People following WS probably don't care for TESO. Now there are people who do, but I don't think it will have any affect on WS beta. Well, not for me anyways.

Also, if I do get into TESO before WS, then at least I'll have something to play while I wait.
  4. Inferiae

Inferiae Cupcake

I think it goes without saying that they'd like to avoid each other as much as possible, purely to avoid stealing each others thunder, though it does appear as though naturally their development cycles don't overlap.

Which I'm grateful for seeing as that means with a bit of luck TESO will be good enough to kill a bit of time before WS arrives!
    Nym likes this.
  5. Elward

Elward Cupcake

It seems to me like TESO is a little bit ahead of Wildstar and will be releasing first. Even if their betas come out at the same time, I'll participate in both in order to make my decisions, then proceed to actually test the winning game.
  6. Wayoverpowered

Wayoverpowered Cupcake-About-Town

Exactly this... I would say they will try to (mostly) avoid overlapping eachother's big news, so as to help prevent their own message from getting drowned out. Their cycles seem pretty close dev-wise from this side of the fence, so I'm expecting they'll release within a couple of months of eachother... which could prove interesting. I too intend to try both but I'm virtually certain WildStar will be my game.
  7. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed. I and my friends are definitely interested in both TESO and WILDSTAR. Its a great problem to have as a gamer. WILDSTAR fever thou I think has just taken over me thou more then my friends. I will definitely check out TESO with my friends, but WILDSTAR is where my heart is right now.
  8. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

“Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, ”are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

I used to be all hung gung ho for TESO. Now I probably will only beta test it if:

A.) I do not have the ability to beta test WildStar
    B.) WildStar beta servers are down and I need to check on the few things TESO might be doing right that work really well... Just so I can suggest Carbine implement them in WildStar >.>

Yeah I've pretty much drawn the line in the sand for myself and am making my stand on the WildStar side. I do help TESO doesn't fail and it's fans are happy, though. :)
  9. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Haha, I used to be exactly that :p. I mean, I'd been following Wildstar's development on-and-off since its announcement, but it wasn't until the 'Meet the Dominion' trailer was released that Wildstar suddenly became so much more real to me.

As the 'Meet the...' trailers conveyed loud and clear (and as I often like to say), Wildstar has HUGE personality. I find that I can't help but be more interested in this game than other MMOs at the moment. >_>

As Path of Exile showed me though, sometimes a break from more 'stylised' art like Torchlight and Diablo 3 can be a really nice breath of fresh air, so it wouldn't surprise me if I try out TESO at some point. But for the foreseeable future, I'm all about Wildstar - that's MY much-needed fresh air. :p
    Anhrez and Patrician like this.
  10. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

If I had a beta offer from both I would honestly try TESO but would really only want to live in Wildstar. Wildstar has the IP I am more interested in, the sword and board ancient fantasy stile is over done for me with DAoC and WoW being my two longer MMO games.
  11. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

I filled out a application for TESO just because, I suppose. For me, there's something about the whole series I just cant get into. I've tried Oblivion and Skyrim, neither really stuck with me. I'd beta test it for something to do and give an outside perspective on the gameplay and hopefully help improve the overall game for everyone. (I can be that optimistic, right? :) )

As for Wildstar, it just appeals overall so much. The art style, for one, is huge. Also, as many people have the mentioned, the humor is a big factor as well. I'm playing games for fun! So the extra chuckle here and there is greatly appreciated. I'd love to contribute in fine tuning Wildstar, but I don't think I'll be that lucky. Cheers to those of you who are!
  12. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Cupcake

Alot of people would prefer ES to remain single player and not be turned into an MMO. Ill give Beta a try, only due to waiting for Wildstar. If they are both out at the same time, Wildstar it is.
    Shaigh likes this.
  13. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

This. This is what I am seeing a lot of.
  14. Mat'hir Uth Gan

Mat'hir Uth Gan Cupcake-About-Town

The time frame on this can get tricky. Everquest 3 is supposed to release towards the end of the year, so their beta will start at some point in the next few months you'd think as well. I see that game as much more overlapping and more of a threat then TESO. I think WS needs to get its beta out and release before that juggernaut does, and the sooner the better to maximize initial profits, assuming its B2P.
  15. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

TESO was really rough at PAX and I personally don't have much faith in those involved with creating that MMO universe to do much that will last longer then the initial fans of the series to try it out and leave (or just play casually with friends I guess). Most people don't want them to make ES into an MMO in the first place as someone else mentioned above.

With what is currently on the docket to release/go into beta testing in 2013 I'm going to bet that with some massive press here in the future, the buzz for Wildstar is going to increase exponentially.
  16. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I never was and never will be a TESO fun!The artwork of the game is not appealing to me.
    I like more graphics like wildstar and wow rather than those "realistic" ones.
    For me gaming is to have fun and leave the stress of the day behind:)
    After a long long day at work and uni i want to play something that will make me have fun but also to be challenging!
    This is why i am looking forward to wildstar beta so much.

Now on topic more specifically!
    TESO is going to have a specific player base after the first 1-2 months.The gamers that really liked the previous offline games of that title.Same happened to Swtor.A lot of people gave it a try but at the moment the game lives cause of the people that used to love that universe.
    I think that there is no challenge between those 2 titles but who knows?
    The games are totally different at all aspects.From combat to graphics
  17. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

If I get invited, I'll probably try it out, but I'm not planning on focusing my feedback on the game. I prefer to beta test Wildstar if invited. I hope TESO succeeds, but not to the detriment of Wildstar :p
  18. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I will try TESO when it comes out, but not beta test. I am hoping for a Wildstar test spot, but with my specs I am not holding my breath.
  19. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

First round of invites went out today for TESO.
  20. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I may very well be the only person in the universe that isn't crazy about Elder Scrolls rpgs, played Oblivion and Skyrim with limited enthusiasm, and not for long. That said, I've been following what's happening in TESO on regular bases out of curiosity. It may turn out to be a great game for many, and I do hope so for the sake of those that are waiting for it, but the info we were given so far seems a little too random and chaotic for my taste, with no sense of direction. And, the only time I ever was in a beta is when I paid for it lol...that's me and rng :p I've stopped testing my luck some time ago, then Wildstar came along....