1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will TESO beta invite timeframe impact Wildstar's timeframe?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Anhrez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Not sure where you heard that, but I'm fairly certain "Code Name Everquest Next" won't be out until at least 2015, and that's being generous.
  2. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

Im interested in teso but if its combat is like skyrim I wont be playing it. Also I read that eq Next will have a playable beta at the Sony Live event in August.
  3. Mat'hir Uth Gan

Mat'hir Uth Gan Cupcake-About-Town

Everquest Next's reveal will be August 1st. Goal is to launch in late 2013. They are making SWG within the EQ universe, lots of PGC, ARAC, and free form since it's a complete sandbox. They won't need an extensive public beta, especially since SOE has a massive inhouse tester roster.

WildStar has to be aware of this game because it's a massive juggernaut and it's coming out F2P. If Wildstar is going B2P, they need to release first by several months. That means beta ASAP, release ideally before August, but October at the latest. That should maximize profits. You wait too close to EQ3, and people will just wait on that game, especially if this is B2P. WildStar needs to sell boxes and hook people into this game to keep them from going to EQ Next. EQ2 has some of the best crafting and player housing of all time. EQ1 had some of the best raiding of all time. There is going to be considerable competition between these games.
    Rogosh likes this.
  4. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I must have been out of the loop on TESO a bit, guess I spend all my time here. I just found out today that they have no raids. Eh. Sounds like GW2?
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

That's a ton of specific information for a game I am unable to find any concrete information on. I'll believe all that when I hear it officially and actually see a working product, though. ;)
  6. Mat'hir Uth Gan

Mat'hir Uth Gan Cupcake-About-Town

Most of that is from the panel taped by MMORPG.com from Pax that was linked to by the official site. The rest is from interviews that Smedley has given.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/3005
  7. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I watched that panel live and a lot of that went over my head I suppose as "definite". >.>

And I've also read Smedley's words on the subject. He gets very boastful about Everquest Next. ^^

I've had my eye on the game since it was hinted at in that book, but I just don't take this kind of stuff on faith anymore. I've seen WildStar, and I know a lot of what I'm getting. All I've seen for Everquest is an orange face. So, as I said, I'll believe that stuff a lot more when/if I see it.
  8. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

In all honesty I think there is enough mmo players out there to cover 4 great titles in one year, even if they were all to turn out amazing ;) The general player base worldwide is growing steadily and proportionately to the populaton growth. Kids get older every day. Two decades ago, a 60 year old player was nearly impossible to come across, we're now approaching times, when age is not a factor when it comes to games. Everyone is playing :) The world is shrinking geographically as well, you can now reach places you'd never even consider years ago.

Make a good game, and you will succeed, it really doesn't mean another studio can't be equally successful.
    And while, when it comes to choice of a game itself, a lot will pick one and stick to it; when it comes to beta, it's really not particularly time demanding. Some companies settle for weekends only, others have an ongoing one, but even then, the downtime when stuff is being changed, tuned, and polished is fairly big. I really don't see how one beta can affect another.
    Patrician likes this.
  9. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty much were I stand too. I hope ESO is a good game and brings something to the genre, but I'm here on these forums not ESO's.
    Patrician likes this.
  10. Caimie

Caimie Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, you are not the only one. I couldn't get into the games either.

I signed up for both beta's but I would much more prefer to be able to test Wildstar at the moment. The whole style of the game appeals to me way more and I love the sense of humor.

Although TESO looks great, I have a feeling it just won't be my cup of tea.