1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will the classes have different paths?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Chris Ferretti, May 19, 2013.

1. Chris Ferretti

Chris Ferretti New Cupcake

I went on the official Wildstar website to see if there was any information regarding the classes. But the info is very vague. Does anyone know if Carbine officially released any information about the classes possible paths.
  2. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Are... you referring to what is commonly known as class specializations? If so, then yes each class has two, one is dps, and the other is either tank or heal depending on the class.
    Chris Ferretti likes this.
  3. Chris Ferretti

Chris Ferretti New Cupcake

Thank you for the response. That is exactly what I was interested in knowing. I was hoping for some specialization within the classes. I find it more fun to be able to switch around my class mechanics from time to time.
  4. Corruptdevil

Corruptdevil Cupcake

Lol that is a bit of a tricky question when there is an actual feature called paths in the game. :p
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Paths are, in Wildstar, something entirely different from classes that determine what kind of content you'd like to see the most in game.

But it sounds like you're looking for class roles, which is listed on the Wildstar site, although you'll have to look at each class individually to see which group role they can fulfill. Every class will be capable of two roles: DPS and either tanking or healing.
  6. Crimzen

Crimzen Cupcake

They have a system called "Milestones" for each class. Milestones function similar to how traits, or talent points would in other games, however Milestones are obtained automatically based on how many points in a certain stat you have. For example if you're a Warrior who uses a lot of Grit on your gear ( Grit=Stamina) then you'll unlock more Grit Milestones which are usually associated with tanking or survivability.

The Milestone perks themselves are specific to each class. So a Warrior who uses Grit, gets different options than a Stalker or an Esper who uses Grit etc. Other stats such as Brutality, Finesse, Tech etc. Have their own Milestones that are unique to each class as well. The Milestones you choose, along with the abilities you choose to place on your action bar will sort of help determine your specialization in your specific role, whether that be Tanking, Healing, or Damage dealing.

I hope that helps! Keep in mind that I haven't played the game myself yet, I'm just going based off what I understood from both sets of patch notes, and the information they've put out. If you want to read some of the different Milestones they currently have in the beta you can do so on their CB2 Patch notes here: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_welcome_to_closed_beta_2.php
  7. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

no ones really said if its going to be like WoW where you just pick one spec and you get those moves... (at least from what i've seen and read)

but with the milestone system, it looks to me like your spec is going to be based on what moves you put on your bar, and what gear you stack to get the milestones. like a tank is going to stack grit and tech as those are the tanky stats, and a healer is going to stack insight and moxie

at least i hope this is how it will be, it makes it more fluid to change specs imo
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

ok, go to the wildstar-online.com website, click on the classes page, then you can click on each of the classes and go to their class page. there it'll tell you what specs they can be (tank/dps, or heals/dps). and what weapon each class can use, and what stats they use (though those haven't been changed since they renamed them...but that's all it was was a rename, really).

as for spec'ing i'm not sure if you pick one or the other, or if you can pick and choose from all the spells. you will have access to 30+ spells for each class. however, you cannot put all those spells on your bar at a time, there's a LAS (limited action set) that's currently 7 class spells, innate class ability (stealth), and path abilities (i think 2-3?). and you pick and choose from all the spells you've bought and put them into your loadout.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They are still talking about the amount of spells and abilities the path abilities can be 2 and can be 3, last time they said they wanted a bit more abilities (not spells), so mayby they are going towards the 3-4 now? Who knows ;) mayby tommorow they suddenly say ''we are increasing the spells from 7 to 10'', they are still testing everything.

But what Kataryna says is kinda what you can expect to be there, i don't think things will be completely different from them.