1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will the two faction's classes mirror each other?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by jay, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

I am not personally a fan of "mirrors" however I know why they are so important, cough cough Stun Gaurd from Daoc!
  2. John

John "That" Cupcake

I think that is just lazy design. I holding out hope that all the classes will be unique from one another.
  3. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

yeah i was nrg/elec blaster blue side, fire/darkness corrupter red side. One thing i noticed all around though, the villains archtypes had much more utility than the heroes did. Villain AT = swiss army knife, Hero AT = rocket launcher
  4. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I enjoy the variety/flavour provided by non mirrored factions but unless they are going for faction specific leaderboards in the various activities balance concerns may mean they need to stick with a mirrored approach.
    It's another thing to look forward to finding out about though :)
  5. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Faction specific classes aren't any fun. It was horrible when you'd do MC in vanilla and a bunch of pally gear dropped in your horde raid :|
  6. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Nostalgia attack!
    Could happen independently of faction specific classes though as you might not have any of a specific class present, chances for lacking a class increasing as the group size gets smaller. Could have all Spellslingers and Stalkers for example (Spellslingers filling heal + dps roles, stalkers filling tank + dps roles). Not likely but should still be taken into account (all druid/all paladin alt raids were amusing in WoW).

Hopefully any loot system will have a way of dealing with 'wasted' loot (be it 'smart loot' where it only drops dependent on classes present, a token system, an exchange style system or even something different like a 'vendor' option that gives decent cash for unwanted items in raid and splits it between the group).
  7. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

I think it's a waste of time to add things like this. If they do it the way they are doing it, it'll give them more time to perfect content.

I don't see it being lazy design, it does add a layer of of immersion. If each side had different named classes that we're all unique from each other, it possess a huge balancing issue. Do you really wan't 1 faction to severely out-power the other just because they have different classes?
  8. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Hope not.
  9. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Although I think mirror classes is the best way to go, I do actually like racial skill differences even though they often give a noticeable advantage in PvP in certain situations. It's something to complain about and work around. Flavour.