1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be more classes - potential class/path problem.

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Blue Skunk, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Blue Skunk

Blue Skunk New Cupcake

I know we are still in extreme early days and that the likely answer is yes, but it was bugging me so I though I would ask.

The problem that I can see happening at the moment is that for players that like to try out all the options - alts with all the different trade skills, classes, and now paths - is that in most cases players don't have two of the same class (note: I did state most cases, please don't flame me if you have three, insert game and class here.) So to have one of each path you would need to double up on a class.

Not being racist but races don't seem to normally cause many problems in this matter.

Assuming there are more planned classes what speculation or wants do you have?

New and innovative ideas are definitely welcomed, but your all time favourites no matter how over played they might seem need to be included also as they tend to be over played purely because they are popular and reason stands that they always will be.
  2. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

How is this racist? We're talking about fantasy alien species, not real humans of different skin colours. Not to mention what you said just plain isn't racist even if we were. =P

Anyway, there will be more classes. I'm completely positive they've said as much somewhere. We don't have any heavy gunner type class yet, nor a sneaky type, not to mention any other kinds that we can't conceive of because we just don't have the information required.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I haven't got time to dig the forums here at WSC but we have Carbine CMs (and former CM) stating that there are more Races and Classes yet to be announced. I have my guesses :)
  4. Mister B

Mister B New Cupcake

Pedantic gripe, it's species not races.
  5. Elegant

Elegant New Cupcake

Are you calling me a species.. Why you best be lucky in these forums I can't summon the power deep within Nexus. :inlove:
    coryhart likes this.
  6. coryhart

coryhart New Cupcake

has anyone heard anything about you being able to play the bad guys as well
  7. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

With as little as we hear about the other faction, I could worry about wether the faction will suffer from a loopsided focus compared to Exiles - both in terms of player interest, but also in how equal the two are in game in quality at launch.
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I do not worry about that at all. It's just their marketing strategy that keeps us from knowing. I bet they already developed all player models etc. They said they will reveal more faction information the coming weeks, so I expect some new races as well.
  9. SiegaPlays

Hope it is not the usual species limited to faction approach with humans as the one species, that for some reason are able to stand on two sides of idealogy/historical division.
  10. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I'm pretty sure it is. They've mentioned in a couple of videos that everyone wants to play humans and seemed to imply that humans are available to both factions.
  11. coryhart

coryhart New Cupcake

If you look at our history its legitimate but at the same time why couldn't there be other races that play both sides I just hope for a really full flushed out storyline that makes you want to play the game I'm a huge fan of the idea, I just asked this question because in the Auran gameplay video he just mentions in passing that they will also be a playable faction. I also wonder if it will work like Aion where you can play only one side of the coin per server.
  12. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

What I would love is the idea I originally proposed to a number of friends back in the BC days of WoW. Why not have a 3rd neutral faction that is not on either side? It would allow for an entirely optional system by which the player could venture where they want. If they are concerned with PVP aspects, make it so that faction cannot PVP or add in an additional mechanic for it. I had originally proposed this as an idea for the Goblin (before they were announced for Cata), Pandaren and other more "neutral" races from WoW.
  13. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

SWG Had something like that... A faction that was hostile until you unlocked them via questing. Afterwards I believe there was more you could do. (this info is second hand from a friend who loved that game)

It would be cool and could lend itself well for open world pvp among other things.
  14. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

In wow they should have put that with their pandas would make sense since Chen was a kind of mercenary in W3 though for the horde but well still would make a nice way to put a 3rd faction into the game imo.
  15. SiegaPlays

I am so sad the Pandarian was not the spearhead for a neutral faction, maybe in correlation with the different cenarian factions through prior expansions, so someone with max faction with any or maybe all of them could join the neutral.

I'd still do BGs though ;-)
  16. Scooter

Scooter Carbine Studios

There will be plenty of time to become acquainted with the other faction, I assure you ;)
  17. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

This obviously means that WildStar won't be released for another 3 years. Since we're barely acquainted with the Exiles right now!
  18. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Speaking of exiles, do we know if there are more races planned for exiles or are they done?
  19. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I'm not expecting more races for the Exiles, but I don't think they've said that the current ones are all the Exiles will get. I'll certainly be happy if there's more!
  20. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Exiles:
    • Humans
    • Aurin
    • Granok
    Dominion:

• Humans
    This is what we know so far. Carbine never said, as far as I know, that the three races announced for the Exiles would be the only ones. We do know that the Dominion will get more races though.

What we also know is that the three classes announced (Esper, Spellslinger and Warrior) won't be available for all races. It will be restricted and imho for me that makes sense. Gnome Warriors anyone?

Anyway, I expect another Exiles race to be announced and three other Dominion races. Three races each faction sounds a bit less. Couple of classes as well. Might be a good discussion on what classes we can expect or which we want to see in the game. I expect six classes at minimum, maximum eight.