1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be more classes - potential class/path problem.

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Blue Skunk, Dec 27, 2011.

1. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I hope those restrictions are based on races culture and philosophy, physic, etc, and not just because x number of races should not be able to be n number of classes, so eany meany miney mo...
  2. Regiside

Regiside New Cupcake

so Aurin's physic doesn't lean towards what n classes do, therefore Aurin's cant be n classes?
    Contradictory? (please elaborate?)
    mockingfox likes this.
  3. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Can't be elaborated much more, best to have lore reasons to explain than nothing at all. If a race was known for not using certain weapons like firearms or swords they probably shouldn't have a class which uses them.
  4. mockingfox

mockingfox Cupcake

yes but doesnt that boil down to
    which just means that
    so that what were getting at is
    I think what Regicide is saying is that SeigaPlays was missing a point and contradicting herself in the same post. essentially proving herself wrong? Just clearing this up.
    Regiside likes this.
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Her post seems pretty clear, she doesn't want class and race restrictions to be brought down to "eany meany miney mo" and instead wants it to be lore based.
  6. Regiside

Regiside New Cupcake

ya fox pretty much summed that up there.
    although we should stay on topic, which is that races will have restricted class options.

I believe we all agree that while a class shouldn't be restricted to a race because its not their main arch type (aurin warrior) they should only be restricted in classes that would not make sense for them to have/be due to morals/physic/lore.
    mockingfox likes this.
  7. mockingfox

mockingfox Cupcake

Sry I thought that was the same thing.
    Regiside likes this.
  8. Regiside

Regiside New Cupcake

same. I apologize for misinterpreting your post Seiga.
  9. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Yep you guys are right that idea wouldnt work, no one would want to join the Doominion (high five anyone ?). Thanks for catching the Starspun quote there Regiside. I think Carbine have brainwashed us into thinking of a solution for every playstyle and to keep everyone happy, we have now become their Superbrainstorming minion.
    DanceDance.jpg
    Regiside likes this.
  10. Regiside

Regiside New Cupcake

Can Granok get the racial ability 'rock storm' instead? It only seems fitting!
    mockingfox likes this.
  11. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

No problem, happens often enough that people get the opposit meaning of the intended, and it happens often enough for me to consider my language skills the barrier of communication, not a lack of peoples generel reading comprehension. Some of the guys here has gotten used to my writing, so they are apt at deciphering me :rolleyes:
  12. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I shall point to WoW.

Night Elves in particular, how, in the Lore almost destroyed themselves with arcane magic 10,000 years ago (give or take) and thus outlawed arcane magic throughout their entire civilization, until and expansion or so ago when Blizzard randomly gave Night Elves the ability to roll mages. Just because from the sounds of it. I can't find any lore justification...
  13. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think the lore justification was basically letting the Shen'dralar back into the fold, giving the kaldorei the benefit of shared skills and resources, and more numbers.

Even with this, it feels a bit... lorelol-ish. :p But honestly, I understand the move. Azeroth is evolving and they need to add to the whole thing if they want to keep going.
  14. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

It's Metzen way to justify in-game changes ... it's a cheap way to do something. What made Night Elves so interesting was that they didn't use Arcane magic, but used Nature based spells instead.

To get back to the actual subject, the lore could explain why some things are what they are in a game, but it shouldn't be used as a way to fix in-game problems. The lore should make the game, not the other way around. So build class/race combo's out of the lore, so it makes sense.
  15. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I think we'll all agree on this. :)