1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will we get a Race Reveal video?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Rackham, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Just excited for the new Races reveal next week at SDCC.
    I'm wondering if we'll get a Race Reveal video like they did for "Meet the Exiles" and "Meet the Dominion"?

Or do you think it will be more of an in-game presentation like the Dev Speak videos.

I know, I know. the "Meet the..." videos are apparently done with "close to" in-game models, but they're animated slightly different than in-game.

What do you guys think we'll be seeing next week at Comic Con?

Here's an article announcing the upcoming reveal:
    http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32692
    McGamer likes this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I want videos, one for each race, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be satisfied by seeing what the races are and a little bit of background on them. If it's on a video, great! Otherwise, just the reveals are good enough for me.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yes, we will get to see some nice video's. It's too perfect to not make a video for the Chua's, they are the race most loved troughtout the community (varies polls confirm this).

So they either make it ''awesome'' or feel the community QQ :p

Also so many fun things can be done, Chua's + crazy scientists = epicness, it's so easy that it's almost manditory for them to make an epic Chua video :D
  4. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

They can make a Vine video about the chuas, THOUGH, the Exile race, it needs to be a livestream, 24 hour stream explaining everything about it, the ins and outs of it and how awesome the Exiles are, the stream will end with the Exile hymn!

Though, if that doesn't happen, I would agree on videos similar to meet the Exiles and Dominion, those were fun, but in the end I just want the reveal, in whatever form ^^.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

:roflamo: That made me ROFL since we all know they couldn't even fill 5 minutes with ''great things'' done by the Exiles :p
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Really? You have a floor? I thought all Dominion live in some kind of junkyard.. what a surprise
  7. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I would love 2 separate videos like the meet the Exiles/Dominion films, however I suspect we will get 1 race video showing off both races, maybe connecting them somehow. carbine said they love making those films, so it is very likely to be a film with a devspeak to come out shortly after on something related. sorta like the paths video.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think we'll probably have both races in the same video, but they'll probably be fighting or arguing with each other. Of course, it will end with the Exile shaving that smelly little chua! :p
    Rackham likes this.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

I really hope we get videos for the last races. Also they've actually said that all the videos they've made (save the very first one) have been made using their game engine - so the models are pretty darn close to what you'll see in-game :-D /squeeee
  10. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

I'm sure we will. They said themselves that there was a WildStar Flick in devlopment. And only a few days ago there was a mass viewing of something RADICATED XD

With it being so close to the reveal, what else could it be for? :p
  11. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

Rackham likes this.
  12. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

This is now on my Christmas list. Please Santa, make it so!

Right! I remember seeing that earlier. Guess you're right. Must be a new flick of some sort!
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

Proof we'll be getting a movie!
    Painguin likes this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Yay vids. I like those things.

It's a druuuuuug!!!
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Yays! I'm excited! I'm excited! I'm Excited! *Runs in small, oblong little circles*

Since we are getting a shiny video, maybe that's why they have taken so long to reveal the next to races. They had to make a movie! Only the chua couldn't get their lines right.

And the bomb is silly cute. I wonder who will be the first to make it their avatar?
  16. Xlugon Pyro

I wouldn't call it proof but it certainly is strong evidence for it. Race reveals deserve nothing less than new videos!
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you mean the fact that it says "#WSFlick" ISN'T a dead give away that it's a movie/flick/video/etc??
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Because of the possibility that flick could imply something else and has other meanings other than slang for a movie/video/cinematic. However, because flick IS slang for cinematics and we know that there are reveals on the 19th, there is a really good possibility that we'll get vids with the reveals. It's just not saying explicitly that they'll have videos involving the reveals as well. To me, it's the difference between 99% and 100%. I know, I'm being too literal but it's how my mind works. :p
  19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

...what in the world else could "Flick" mean?

also, it's in the style of a movie poster.

also also, the last time we got a pic like that that was in the style of a movie poster we got....*gasps* a Flick/Video/Movie/etc

(gah - TONE: Silly and Sarcastic-ish?)
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Here's a few examples:

noun
    a sudden light blow or tap, as with a whip or the finger: She gave the horse a flick with her riding crop.
    the sound made by such a blow or tap.
    a light and rapid movement: a flick of the wrist.
    something thrown off with or as if with a jerk: a flick of mud.

verb (used with object)
    to strike lightly with a whip, the finger, etc.
    to remove with such a stroke: to flick away a crumb.
    to move (something) with a sudden stroke or jerk.

They don't fit into context nearly as well as the slang definition does which is why the video interpretation is likely the most accurate one.

Also it didn't occur to me that it appears a lot like a movie poster but it could also be a coincidence or style choice.