1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Wild Star "Coddle the Lazy" Gamers ?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Savina, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Savina

Savina Cupcake

So I made a post before about Gear for Causal players being the same as gear for raiders.
    Seems the topic of Lazy players came up !
    As hardcore raiders call "Carrying Dead Weight"you know the guy that you tell to just stand in the back an die , the guy you tell the healers do not heal.

The guys who complains and the whole time,about gear and never shows up. for schedule raids.....Are people who do LFR are join your lfg chat and when he gets there goes afk ...lol

******Discuss your funnest experience with a Lazy MMO' player *******

Please share your tells of wooo!
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

wait....what do anecdotes about lazy raiders have to do with Wildstar catering to lazy players in general.

this thread is confusing
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

oh i thinks its pretty hard to be lazy in wildstar because if talking about in battle then you cant just sit there all the time, because of telagraphs there are some boss fights in which you got to move,like in storm talons lair his room full of lightning thing is a HOOT!!!!!!
  4. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

If the 40 man raids in wildstar is like old MC I expect carrying lazy players sadly = (
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

we wiped on the LK fight in WotLK on 10man because our MT healer....she wasn't paying attention. what was she doing do you ask?? Painting her fingernails. "Oh! Are we going now?? I was painting my nails! SORRY!"

We had a guy in a different guild that we couldn't figure out why he was dying so horribly and so often and always standing in fire. He said he couldn't see the fire to step out of. As it turns out - he was playing in First-Person view...in a raid...where you had to watch to see where stuff was in the play area so you wouldn't die to fire. He didn't get invited into any more raids for a couple weeks, and when he WAS invited back we had to confirm each and every time that he was NOT in first person view
    Mellkor, Devisi and Mukesh like this.
  6. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

do the level 20 dungeons look like you can carry people? :eek:

I think not.
  7. Dirty Outlaw

I have and it warms the cockles of my heart
  8. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Mmmmm Cockles.....
  9. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

I remember in several raids doing 20% of the overall damage..as an enhance shaman.
    /shudder. Granted I used to get top 10 ranks on wowheroes for about every single fight during current tier. But that's still pretty horrible.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wait...wait.....i'm still looking for your point :p

But Enhance shammy was awesome! (I loved them)

My point: In 40 man raids you will almost always ''carry'' 1 or 2 people, however we can only say this from experience in Vanilla WoW, since not a lot of games have tried to make more 40man raids.
  11. Zubbulon

Zubbulon Cupcake

I was in MC in Vanilla ;)

Lots of guildies did the /follow when we moved from room to room. Since combat was tough, we didn't perceive players that were afk or doing their nails.
    - Damage meter was invented and incorporated as a mean to identify the slacker/incompetent players.

My feeling from watching Stormtallon, a 5 men dungeon:
    1- Pugging will be a nightmare.
    2- since 1 is there I hope the kick tool will be in game.
    3- Raids will be insane and freeloaders won't be in there long.
  12. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Organization has increased a lot since then. There will likely be more than a few elite guilds that have very high standards for recruits.

That is the only difference between an elite guild and a normal guild, the number of subpar players. In WoW the damage of each member increases the raid dmg exponentially, thus making the fights exponentially easier.

Hopefully they don't add in huge damage buffs like Heroism into WS.
    Though, I am fairly confident they won't given the LAS.
  13. Dirty Outlaw

1 or 2 more like 5 to 20
    Vilonic likes this.
  14. HappinessFactory

HappinessFactory Cupcake

Yeah, I remember my guild at the time doing MC and Onyx with 25 people simply because other people didn't show up.

However from the stories I've heard, AQ and naxx were legitimate 40man raids where dead weight was a problem.
  15. Dirty Outlaw

AQ was no joke the 1st boss alone was hard enough you needed nature resist gear to beat.

Naxx was even harder we never gotten a single boss down in vanilla we went.
  16. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you for this thread, Savina! Though, I think the thread title is inappropriate since we're sharing tales of woe instead of debating about whether WildStar will coddle the lazy. Unfortunately, I have no experience with raids (only have GW2 as MMO experience). I'll share my related woes anyway since I'm sure people here can relate to them.

I've encountered players who whine about not finding enough people for dungeons, but expect anyone who volunteers to put the group together for them. One time, we were delayed 20 minutes because they couldn't be bothered to make an effort. I suppose I should have done something, but I get tired of always being the one to put things together. Especially after giving them resources (such as an external LFG site) to form one.

Then there are players who have very selfish builds that only benefit them in dungeons, and expect everyone else to change class and build so they can get carried through.

One time, some new guildies keep wiping in a dungeon. I later learned they tried to 3 man a high level, 5-man dungeon. At a later time, I invited one of them to the same dungeon. I swear, he wiped after every encounter. Unfortunately, I was unfamiliar with his class so I couldn't really give advice aside from to have appropriate level gear and explore high level zones to learn the mechanics better. I don't think he took that advice, but he ended up leaving the guild because we didn't always jump to his command when he wanted to run a dungeon.

In general, I like being helpful. At one point, I compiled a list a links that I thought would be helpful to others getting acquainted with the game. Unfortunately, almost no one checks the guild website. In the past, I have also given out links when people ask. But apparently some people just never use them and get pissed at you for not spoon-feeding them everything. I think in one case, someone actually yelled at me for suggesting a site instead of telling them.

So yeah, these are some woes I've encountered since I start playing Guild Wars 2.

I've also had some funny experiences involving WvW. One particularly memorable one involves a commander who underestimated how much fall damage he would take. By the time he realized his mistake, the entire group had already jumped off. I was more entertained than angry.
    ruff_ethereal and Ianpact like this.
  17. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I remember when I finally got two soul blades with my frost death knight. Then I started to pull about double dmg of the next person below me in raids and I finally understood that my guild are a bunch of lazy asses, so I moved to a better one :whistling:
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  18. Ashardalon

Ashardalon New Cupcake

Here's hoping they install some damage meters or indicators of lazy raiders. Back when I played WoW I always made sure I had the highest damage rotation I could have (along with whatever gear I had), and would tell people off that should have equal or higher damage than me.

I'm not much of a hardcore MMO player anymore, but it still pains me to see people not even trying. I tank in FFXIV: ARR and apparently I'm the best tank some people have had (no joke); they've told me they've had tanks that have no clue how to hold aggro on multiple mobs and just generally ignore what they're doing.
  19. Dirty Outlaw

I think the telegraph system will force people to not be so lazy. Again we need more info lol nda be darn
    Echo likes this.
  20. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

heh i used to be hardcore . then i used to be lazy. now im thinking for this game i will be in between. i hope the telegraph system will make it so people arent too lazy. but ya a dmg meter might be a good thing.