1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will you be playing Warlords Of Draenor?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kellth, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Short answer: NO

Long answer: The only thing i'm really interested in is how they'll do lore-wise. If I take WoW's previously lore into account (including all the books since it explains so much more of the events that happen in-game), then there are only 1 or 2 ways that they could possibly make this ''event'' suitable with the lore.

However!!! There are also a lot of possibilities that they completely butcher things lore-wise....while I agree that Cata and MoP were bad expansions lore-wise. I really hope that they'll be able to restore some of the good lore that is left and that is possible...

So I'll still be watching some video recaps of the lore aswell and other lore related stuff about this upcomming expansion, mayby even read another of their books.

But for me this could either be the last time I ever read a WoW book again, or that they just might make-up for some of the mistakes they'd made during the last 2 expansions.
  3. Lookeba

Lookeba Cupcake

Not really planning on it but I won't say a definite no until I hear release dates for both games and also see how much pressure I get from friends.
  4. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

5. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Sadly Cata/MoP weren't that good lore wise or even expansion wise. I hope that they can make the lore fit because one thing that keeps me going with WoW is how attached i am to the lore.
  6. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

The Gul'dan for the parallel world will be our ally wrap that around your head

also for those confused about wod let doc brown tell you

[​IMG]

Joking aside I'll properly will play wod though mostly thru that most of my friends will play wow /peerpressure

it's a weird binary thing going on with mmos with the friends I have.
    Those who do not play wow won't play it for any reason (too old, lousy raiding, sub, etc)
    But at the same I can't get any of my friends on wow to even try a new mmo they won't budge.

I guess I'm strange cuz I can play multiple mmos idk.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This does not immediatly shreds any lore to dust.

Specially since there is a slight possibility that Guldan has taken notice of his own ''pre-future'' from the parralel world. Cause he was tricked by Sargeras and in the end he knew that he was only a simple puppet under the Dark Titans rule.

So mayby he wants to prevent that, helping the allied forced to change ''certain aspects'' in the time-line to make sure he doesn't die and he can eventually ''search'' for more power then he would've ever gained in his parralel life.

Personally I believe that the new more ''friendly'' Guldan will have some ''hidden agenda''.
    Aka Patch xx.xxx Guldan's betrayal! (or something like that), or it takes even longer (more X-packs).

My interest lies more into the Bronze Dragonflight because we are once again tempering with timelines etc.
    And we all know that the infinite dragonflight would be present here.....if Blizzard for some reason leave them out completely......then they suck up the game and they lose a great opportunity.

I even think that either Nozdormu (time for Anachronos to take the lead!) or some Old-God (N'zoth although I think he will not be this one since he's the one corruption the Emerald Dream. But Ryun'eh? Who knows) will be the ''last boss'' of the expansion. If they make Garrosh the last boss again......then they just f* up the game again and go for the easy way....
  8. Dirty Outlaw

The thing is gul'dan has already drank the blood of manaroth and is in league with kil'jaden already before we jump in.

He died in the original timeline in a pursuit of power in Azeroth during 1st war. He also doesn't care about his own people either

If it was ner'zul instead it would make a lot more sense considering his backstory and kj did to him.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ner'zhul would've made more sence.
    But what you say it still confirms my idea's of his ''secret'' motive (if he has them, which lore-wise is NEEDED).

He's in league with KJ...oke, but what if he suddenly hears that he would die if he keeps following KJ? and mayby someone shows hims that with magic?
    Do you really think he would keep following KJ? Guldan at that point is already the greatest (mortal) warlock. But he can always get stronger! Powers of the Titans/Old Gods/Eredar Lords etc. etc.

Once we know what/who the end-boss of this X-pack will be we can, with certaincy, say what Guldans motives may be.

If it is an Old God....trust me, Guldan would do ANYTHING to get the powers of an Old God....even joining up with the allied forces (for the time being).

Also it would be even more awesome if Guldan would eventually be killed (ofcourse by you) but with the help of his decendant :D The offspring of the offspring of his past rape action comes back to kill him....how irronical that would be? ;)

Just 1 thing: (the Red part)

You say he ''drank'' the blood of Mannoroth....I never remembered such thing....I just looked it up and nowhere does it state that he himself drank it. He only ''offered'' it to the Orcish clans on behalf of Sargeras.

So please give my a link to some proof that he himself (Guldan) drank the blood aswell.
  10. Dirty Outlaw

They said it at blizzcon when they announced to xpac in the Q&A

Things could change who knows. Guldan is the only green Orc on he cover
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Sooooo....Blizzard convienly rewrite their own lore for an X-pack....:cautious:
    That does not bode well for WoD.....

I do hope they get back on that statement! For it would <REDACTED> up their lore more then one may think.

Also this thread could use some ''Chibi'' power!!!
    [​IMG]
  12. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

This picture...
  13. Dirty Outlaw

I found it amusing.
  14. Toat

Toat New Cupcake

I wish I could still play wow I'm just so incredibly bored by every class, and I have played every class. WoD seems interesting, yeah I just can't do it. Will be the first wow expansion that I don't play.