1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wolf at the door ! A story of Exile Justice

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Maddog Charlie, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

So I put this together based on my interpretation of another gamer here in the forums, although I never met him I tried to imagine what he 'could' be like in game and focused that into a story I had planned. Dont blame him for the events captured here,

WOLF AT THE DOOR !

The cantina promised nothing more than shelter from the howling winds outside and of course refreshing drinks at a cost. Yet most days there wasn’t a seat spare in the main room, the citizens of Nexus used the bar as a meeting point before their journeys off to Coldburrow Cavern, Icefury Camp or the Exolab and the chance to revise plans or benefit from others experience was priceless. The owner ‘Santori Tartal’ was a stocky human around 5 ft 11 with a scraggly beard and an unpredictable personality. The popularity of the bar meant that he didn’t have to be a good businessman as there were always more customers to replace any that he upset.

Two days previous he had thrown out a young group of adventurers simply because one of them was an Aurin, he hated the Aurin they seemed like worthless busy-bodies with too much concern for trees and plants. The lippy human with them had a smart mouth so Santori saw no option other than to backhand him and then draw his trusted Protostar 11.8 on the boy, the kid was wise enough to back down and escaped with no other injuries but Santori decided to keep the groups backpacks and contents. As the group reluctantly left, Santori had thrown out a few comments about the Aurin and his Exile friends, as far as he was concerned the Exiles were nothing more than leaches, scavenging Eldan tech in a disorganized manner and hijacking his shipments whenever they could. That didn’t happen much these days of course thanks to an expensive protection contract with the Darkspur Cartel. Now he had erected a sign outside declaring 'Exiles Unwelcome here''

Santori poured another glass of Slush for the Dominion Captain at the bar who nodded in thanks and tapped his charge card. A loud laugh broke out from the table to his left and he looked to see what the noise was about. One of the hired guns, who had a slightly less tattered appearance than the others at the table turned his seat to face Santori.

‘So Santori, those Exiles, apparently one of them is a good friend of that Bad Wolf guy’ he started

‘…………you know the one who is supposedly one of their top warriors’ he was interrupted by another at the table.

‘No its Grey Wolf, Mac hey isn’t it Grey Wolf?’ the new man said to another at his side.

‘No, er you know, I think its Mad Wolf isn’t it?’ Mac replied.

The original speaker continued ‘….whatever, I’m pretty sure it’s Dark Wolf, anyways that’s gonna mean trouble when he finds out’

Santori put down his grease laden cleaning towel and replied loudly so that everyone in the cantina was clear about the matter

‘Wolf, Dog whatever his name is, I aint worried, he isn’t going to get two feet through that door without my 11.8 blowing a hole through his dumb Exile head, .....aint that right hey Captain’ he laughed and nudged the Dominion Captain at the bar.

The Captain didnt seem as reassured by Santori's comments and thought to make the situation clear for all in the room. Swirling the spilled Slush on the bar he spoke loudly but to no-one in particular,

“He is wanted on four planets that I know of and he is not to be underestimated, no less than five operatives have fallen against him.” he paused as if remembering fallen colleagues, “The Dominion has a price on his head and its pretty substantial too. This Grey Dog, whatever his name is will be caught for his crimes against the Dominion and will answer for his deeds, rest assured I will take him down” the captain spoke as he downed the glass of Slush and tapped his charge card again.

A solemn silence filled the room until Santori, realizing the opportunity, cleared his throat and while refilling the Captains glass he shouted loud to his clientele,

“Bravo for the Captain and the Dominion, the wolfman will fall hey ! I'll drink to that, who else ? “ the crowd responded with cheers and calls for refills.

As the crowd enjoyed their drinks the sliding front door of the Cantina opened and closed and a small hovering droid with a holographic image of Rotostar entered the room. It was now normal practice for Protostar Corp to send out these 'spambots' to towns and villages ever since their irritating spamming campaigns of communications devices on Nexus had been shut down by hackers. Santori had seen enough of this type of intrusive advertizing in the last week and wanted the droid out, calling across to the group of mercs he told them to press the 'Not now' button on the droid. One of them got up and reached over as the droid nimbly dodged his finger.

“............this week only, there is a never seen before reduction in housing costs, this super low unbelievable offer wont be around for long so see your local settler for details ........” the dodging droid exclaimed as it circled higher out of reach of the short merc. The merc knew there was a heavy fine for destroying such droids, glancing over at the preoccupied drinking Captain and the irritated Santori he pulled out his own chair and climbed to reach the droid once again.

The tiny image of Rotostar warped and distorted into a devilish looking version of the being which boomed its voice louder,

“There is no justice,.......no equality,....... and there will be no peace until the corrupt and Dominion rule is defeated and banished from Nexus, .......the Dominion will fall and all those who support their tyrannical and unlawful ways will fall too”. By now the whole crowd had turned their gaze to the droid, the Captain spun his seat around to see the Merc reaching once again for the button on the droid, he started to shout out the word 'No' but was too late.

For those looking at the small droid the bright flash of light was blinding, some fell back to the floor and others rubbed their eyes, but for the unfortunate Merc the blast was fatal and his charred corpse fell to the floor. The captain stumbled off his chair as another of the cantinas customers panicked and ran into him, both falling to the floor.

Not more than two seconds later the door slid and stuck open as a dark shadowy man strolled confidently into the middle of the room. The bitter cold Nexus winds continued to bellow into the cantina sending some huddling for cover and their outer clothing as bottles rolled off tables and smashed on the floor. The figure looked up and grinned at the worried Santori who struggled to aim his gun from the wind and blurred vision. The wind whipped the mans long black hair around his bearded face, his dark cloak flapping almost like a bats wings ready to launch him into the air. One of the strangers gauntlet-ed hands flipped a glossy black staff adorned with a bright blue loftite crystal which he slammed down into the corpse of the mercenary in front of him.

The fastest of the remaining mercenaries drew a short blade and made a dive for the man, shouting “Die dog-man” the blade deflected harmlessly off the mans armored shoulder. A shimmering blue light emanated from the crystal in the staff and began to encircle the figure with rays of light speeding upwards to the ceiling. Reaching out with lightning speed the dark figure snatched his attacker up in the air by his neck and crashed the mercs body down onto a table. By now a few of the more experienced fighters in the room had regained composure and started blasting shots from all manner of weapons at the intruder. Santori fired an entire magazine in the general direction of the man and unwittingly killed two of his own customers. The figure just stood there grinning, his white teeth revealing enlarged incisors, as the projectiles hit the blue light and were immediately harmlessly redirected to the ceiling. Gradually he brought both his gauntlet-ed arms up in front of his chest in a praying mantis fashion and held them there for a second as the bullets and bolts of energy continued to fly upwards.

The Dominion Captain had regained his senses and realized this was his target, the man known as Black Wolf. He swung up a huge blaster rifle from its resting place by the bar, the weapon kicked and belched fireballs of energy which hurtled towards Black Wolf, got deflected upwards and blasted several 3 foot wide holes in the roof. Black Wolf was not only a seasoned fighter but a man who knew the limits of every technology in the universe, some saw him only as a relentless Exile assassin but many knew he had the aptitude and ingenuity of a world class engineer. He knew the loftite crystal couldn't take much more of that kind of firepower, as he extended his arms out to his left and right darts began shooting at his attackers in the room from out of his gauntlets. Several darts struck their opponents and brought them down immediately with a powerful toxin, others exploded on impact and sent more of his assailants running for the door. A tiny micro turret popped out of his left shoulder armor and at the same time a darkened eye shield slid across his face, the turret began to flash out beams of energy striking several attackers in their eyes.

The Captain, having spent all of his ammunition and noticing the crystal staffs power waning, threw the rifle aside in rage, and drew his Dominion blade as he began to charge towards Black Wolf, his own Dominion eye shield having dropped into place protecting him from the blinding turret. Santori fired off a few more rounds as the crystal ended its defensive shielding and then ducked behind a nearby pillar. Black Wolf's turret responded with a series of shots into the Cantinas mirror which reflected back into the helpless barkeepers eyes, screaming in pain he slumped to the floor desperately rubbing his face trying to stop the itching, needle like, gritty pain that blinded him.

Knocking the staff aside the Dominion Captain, who carried some weight behind him, struck Black Wolf in the abdomen and the two crashed onto the floor by the door. Grabbing the Exiles hair the Captain stabbed the blade at the downed Exile's neck. Black Wolf expected the attack but not with such force and he struggled for a moment to shift from under the Dominions heavy frame. Then using his leg and the arm that he had free, he managed to shift the weight of the man and redirect the Captains attack harmlessly to the floor. Freeing his hair of the Captains grasp, Black Wolf thrust his head forward into the Captains nose, the mans cartilage cracked and blood splattered from the wound. As Black Wolf returned to his feet he applied a swift punch to the Captains head to keep him down, the man slumped into unconsciousness.

Walking to the bar Black Wolf reached over and brought Santori up by his ear, the man winced as Black Wolf kept a tight grip on it and unsheathed a small surgical knife, holding it close to the flappy earlobe. “Now here's the thing, you can be neutral on Nexus.....ride the fence and tap both markets.......but soon as you disrespect the Exiles and align with the Dominion, you pay the price” Black Wolf spoke his voice deep and calm yet commanding attention.

Santori who prided himself on being a fast talker, quickly assembled his thoughts and began an apology “I'm so sorry, I.......aggggh” he was cut off suddenly as the pressure on his ear disappeared to be replaced with a deep pain as Black Wolf severed the barkeepers ear. Stepping back, Santori couldn't believe the man didn't let him explain his actions, he was dazed and his eyes were still blurry but he could see Black Wolf holding a sizable portion of his ear. Unknowing to the traumatized Santori, Black Wolf had cunningly switched the severed ear for a piece of jerky meat from his pocket. Black Wolf slowly put the item in his mouth and began chewing, the barkeeper shuddered in horror.

“hmm........tastes a lot like chicken,.......” Black Wolf grinned, carefully setting a small Droid assembly on the bar. With a buzzing sound the tiny robot leaped into the air and buzzed over to the steel wall behind the bar, its tools started chiseling at the surface sending sparks flying, as it furiously worked at its assigned task like a sugar charged artist with a new idea. Black Wolf turned his attention back to the terrified Santori and spoke

“One more time, I hear of you disrespecting any friend of mine or the good name of the Exiles and I will be back here,” his gloved hand pounded on the bar shaking the room, “.....and if I come back here, I assure you I will be real hungry like, do you understand ?” he pointed at the shaking Santori who nodded as he clutched the hole where his forever lost ear had been.

Behind him the Captain had regained consciousness and rose to his feet, Black Wolf heard the charging sound of the blaster over the howling wind just before it reached firing capability and he spun around with almost inhuman speed, as his hands drew both of his P7 pistols from their holsters and fired. One shot struck the Dominion Captain in the wrist and his blaster carouseled away, the other struck him in the forehead killing him instantly. The small robot returned to the bar with a content and satisfied completion bleep, Black Wolf holstered the guns, packed away his tiny droid and looked up at the art work.

“That stays Santori, you ever take it down or cover it up and .............” Black Wolf began pointing at the large intricate engraved Wolf head graphic above the bar.

“........I know....I know...” Santori said respectfully “ ....you will come back....”

Black Wolf smiled “I'm glad we understand each other now”. The Exile hero exited by the rear door and dropped the barkeepers ear in the food dish of the tethered guard dog outside. The animal happily munched away on the tender morsel while inside its master cried at the disarray of his establishment and the bodies littered around.

It was true, Nexus was a wild and untamed world but Exile justice would ensure all remained accountable for their actions.
    Sarcan and Black Wolf like this.
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Haha, I'm honored Maddog! :D Amazing story once again, I really enjoyed it. To be honest, I think you have a pretty good view of me. I really liked the part of the Protostar droid distraction and the poison darts. Something I surely would do if possible. Haha.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I guess you could say the droid shot first.

Anyway, nice read and entertaining. Thanks and great job.
  4. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks guys much appreciated :) LOL at the droid, couldnt resist a Protostar reference. Cheers.
  5. PsiGun

PsiGun Cupcake

This was an amazing read! I read the first few lines fully intending on saving it for Mon for my lunch break but ended up reading it all. Haha. Great piece of script here!
  6. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm, it's time someone wrote a story about YOU, Charlie. Wouldn't you agree, Wolf?