1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Of Warcraft Has Better Looking Environments Then WildStar?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Cassius101, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

Disagree. One of the first things I noticed about Wildstar were the zones. They look pretty cool and filled with a bunch of stuff compared to some from WoW. The Barrens anyone? Sure the name speaks for itself but that zone was pretty damn boring heh. Nagrand on the other hand was pretty cool though. At the moment there is only 1 known region according to the site so I would hold your opinions for yourself a little longer.

I'm actually most likely going for the Explorer path because the video where he has to dodge avalanches and jump from leaf to leaf on a big tree has me convinced. It sounds like a very enjoyable experience on your way to the level cap.
    Shu likes this.
  2. Shu

Shu Cupcake

Going to have to agree with p0nd on this one, the Wildstar zones look incredible to me, very colorful and vibrant. Sure - WoW has these zones as well, but I just think Wildstar does it better. With interactive environments and what not, it puts them over the bar.
  3. Narthen

Narthen Cupcake

OP is entitled to their opinion. Although, can't see how you can make the distinction when the game is only in its first phase of closed beta. Once the game is released you can make a fair comparision but I don't think you can at this point. My opinion is that the WOW graphics are very dated and although they do have some great visuals, the pixar graphics style of Wildstar will well surpass WoW as it winds down towards its end.
  4. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

A lot of the devs are old WoW devs, and they've publicly stated that they took inspiration from it. Everyone has their own tastes (WoW is lauded and despised for being cartoony) but I think how Wildstar has stood out to me is how crisp and fluid it is. Mountains, rocks, crystals seem to not look "just thrown in."

Especially when talking about those crystals we're seeing everywhere, and some of the gameplay footage a lot of that Wildstar style flare is through spell/ particle effects which rarely show well through still screenshots. Compare a WoW warrior's power swing effect with a Wildstar's power swing effect.
  5. TehTic

TehTic Cupcake

I believe this needs to be shrugged off. As that the only similarities is the art style. When looking at a beta even the most recent from Pax East The build was already four months old. Also anyone can select specific images to make one game look better than the other. I.e. higher graphics settings in one, smaller canvas sizes, the salt can be manipulated to show one better than the other. It really comes down to personal perception.
  6. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

Like I've said before, the art style reminds me of Jak and Daxter, it's very smooth and colorful to me.

It really draws me in.
  7. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Nope.jpg
  8. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

Cant see how you can say World of What? is better than WildStar graphics. The tree's and grass sway in the wind in the videos. there is more LIFE to it. and the detail is unique and eye appealing. Leave the super details to the realistic games and let the cartoonish games look fun and inviting. Sometimes. Less is more. I think they did an amazing job on the art style and graphics. Wait till the game is released then pop that bad boy in max settings before any negative feedback plz :)

I do understand what you want from it, but it is a very very beautiful game. The perfect game to lay down roots and make my new home :) And World of Whacha Ma Call It doesn't even have player housing. Just lagg o mar and Ironlagg. It is a pretty game too but I like WildStar better. It just feels..... Right :)
  9. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

And who gives a f***?

Wildstar has timeless graphics and btw way better animations from what I've seen. That's enough. It looks very detailled and varied and I love it, and if you don't that is fine but don't compare every f***ing game to WoW only because of its graphics...If I would compare it with anything in graphics department, it is Ratchet and Clank.
  10. AnotherJaggens

AnotherJaggens Cupcake-About-Town

I can make a new category of gamers based on your reaction, OP: "googly eyes". They will be friends with "script snobs" and "s/m bunnies".
  11. Primalthirst

Primalthirst Cupcake

What the hell did I just read?

Last I checked the polygons in Wildstar weren't the size of baseballs.
  12. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

Don't mean to be a grave digger, just wanted to drop my 2 cents on the matter:

Wow Screenshot:

[​IMG]

WildStar Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Obvious troll is obvious. ;)
  13. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

As far as graphical fidelity goes, World of Warcraft better be better at this than WildStar; It is a finished product with more money, time and staff working on it than WildStar.

What you, and many in this thread are seemingly confused by, is the aesthetics of the two games. World of Warcraft has a more standard fantasy style with Blizzard's twists, whereas WildStar feels like something out of the PlayStation catalogue, feeling very similar to games such as Spyro The Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter.

It is because the aesthetics are different, yet you're ignorant of that fact, that has led you to believe this is an issue of graphical fidelity.
  14. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

I love the art myself!..i was a tiny bit concerned with the ground looking so bare, but i'm sure all sorts of ground clutter and enemies will be added by launch
  15. Fish

Fish New Cupcake

Maybe it's because I've stared at the WoW graphics for 8 years, but I just can't really like them anymore. I really like Wildstar's graphics and art style. Wildstar definitely has a similar art style when compared to WoW. But it is very clearly obvious that Wildstar is using more modern techniques and shaders.

Similar art style is not the same thing as "the same graphics." ;)
    Lunacat likes this.
  16. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

You are basically brain-washed by WoW and can't see it o_o.
    It's obvious, which looks better and WoW isn't the answer.
  17. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

wildstar has a Pixar look to it in my opinion, i really enjoy the vibrant colors they use. i think once its on our screens we'll have a better idea though
  18. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Animation quality on wildstar is light years ahead WoW
  19. Methios

Methios Cupcake

/facepalm
  20. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Well, I think the time has come for this thread to finally close. I've only been seeing it necro'd to make comments towards the OP and other 'fun' things. </Mod Monocle>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.