1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC City of Heroes Supergroup

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I figure it should be easier to organise this in its own thread. Was hoping someone else would take the initiative, but I guess I can be the one to give things a nudge.

So, uh, here's the list of things that need to be sorted out that I can think of:
    • Server: I have no idea, because I'm new to the game. Herpaderp. Wouldn't mind one with some RP, but it's not necessary.
    • Faction stuff: Probably best to not force us all to start off as Praetorian, what with it costing extra for free/premium players. I'm easy as far as the Hero/Villain divide goes.
    • Group name: I propose WildStars, keeping it simple, but that's just off the top of my head.
    • Leader: I'll be paying for at least a month sub, so I could set up the SG if it comes down to it. Prefer if someone else did, though, what with my aforementioned noobness as well as my lack of leadership inclinations.
    • Recruitment policy: WSC members only, but all you have to do is ask in this thread?
    • Goals: Social group, no particular emphasis on content but if people want to organise to do stuff that's cool?
    • Theme: WildStar. You can go all the way and try to make your character pretty much be the Aurin Esper you plan to play in WildStar or just have a name that refers to the game in some way. Or you could not do anything of the sort, but the point is that it'll be encouraged.
    Thoughts on all this stuff? Anything else that needs to be considered?
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

With regards to servers, Freedom and Virtue are the two busiest server. Virtue is the unofficial roleplay server. Union is a less active unofficial roleplay server as well (former EU only server).
  3. Nonsensicles

Not sure if busy is good or bad. Definitely means it'll be harder for people to find names for their characters if they're starting fresh. ;)

Incidentally, I made a hero on Union (Stalker named WiFi) and a villain on Virtue (Defender named Ignis Divina) which is all I get as a freebie, but I'll subscribe shortly so it doesn't really matter. I just made those two to try the game out and see if I like it. (I do, I really do!)
  4. souper

souper Founding Member

I have a level 35 hero on Freedom. I prefer the busy servers as I hate soloing in CoH. I'm called Lunar Riot and that's my global handle as well.

I dunno if we will realistically have enough people to start a WSC-only SG. Only 4 or 5 people seem legitimately interested in playing. You can't even join one if you are a freebie. A WildStar fan SG would be cool though, if we can get people to join.

Even if we don't join up, say hi to me! Its a fun game.
  5. Zap-Robo

Perhaps a weekly (or twice weekly) ingame session would be more feasible - we can all start new characters and play along side each other (and update threads like this so people can keep their levels relatively even)
  6. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

i think setting up a weekly or twice weekly thing would be fun .. we dont need a SG but i still think it would be a great idea to play. We need to decide on hero or villian side .. i know its not a popular choice but i love the villian side! lol
  7. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

So...Virtue? Twice weekly? Starting with brand new characters?

Is that the consensus?

My global handle is @BKM61
  8. Nonsensicles

Okay, now I'm confused. Is there some kind of minimum activity requirement for an SG? What I was thinking was just a loose tag for people to play around under with alts. I figured an organised group would be a bit difficult given the wide variety of time zones present, whereas a silly little SG allows people to have a framework to organise more spontaneously. Also it's just a nice bit of solidarity.

*shrug*
  9. Zap-Robo

Anyone on a free-to-play account can not join a supergroup (source) whereas anyone who ever paid (i.e. a Premium account) can only join an SG. Only people with an active ongoing subscription can create and invite to the supergroup.

While we can create the SG, not everyone will be able to join it - hence the scheduled playtime idea!
  10. Nonsensicles

Well, considering even people who have to make a brand new account can unlock the reward tier to get SG invites for just the $5 it costs to get the most basic points bundle, it's not much of a barrier. Considering that's also necessary to be able to send tells, without which even getting scheduled groups organised will be awkward, it's probably something to recommend anyway.

Besides that, there's nothing actually stopping people from joining in if they are totally free and can't join any SG. The point is for it to be an extra tool, not a hard line between who we do and don't play with.
  11. Zap-Robo

I'd recommend doing both - set up the SG and have a regular time for the people who don't want to spend monies :)

So, we're probably looking at a SG on Virtue and then one or two playtimes a week for people to hang out with their alts in.

Anyone got some time/day suggestions?
    Brotoi likes this.
  12. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

:up: i know i'm a villian girl but i have a feeling it will be on the hero side lol. i could help with a SG though ,if you need more people to help let me know i have some veteran unlocks for cool base items.

as for time/day .. i'm liking sundays, most people have off a couple sundays a month atleast so maybe a weekly game around 2pm est? .. morning time to spend with the family and game time in the afternoon, with the TV going on the background for football games? :p
  13. Nonsensicles

Considering you're the only one to say which side you'd prefer (unless someone did in the other thread? Meh, doesn't count) we're standing at 1 vote for Villain and 0 for Hero, so....

Regarding time, I have no input. I can probably make it whenever it is, even if it might mess up my sleep pattern.

Oh, and when I've been talking about alts it's because I'm running under the assumption that the majority of participants will have mains not involved in this at all. Characters from scheduled playtimes are absolutely welcome to join the SG, or what is the point? Just not sure that was clear based on one of Zap's comments.

Also, my Global handle is @WiFi, I guess? Assuming I've gotten how that works correct.
  14. SnowHeart

SnowHeart New Cupcake

BlackBanna is my global. I spend most of my time on Guardian.
  15. Nonsensicles

Oh, hey. Say hi to Wild Zero.

WILDZEROscreen.jpg
    He's stuck in galaxy City right now, but he's ready and waiting for some allies to appear to go bust up some meteor monsters.

I based him roughly on my Aurin male drawing (which I haven't touched much since last update *cough*) and his name comes from the best ever zombie horror/rock 'n' roll band promotional film Japan has ever produced.
    Brotoi likes this.
  16. Brotoi

LOL That is too cute. I'll log on to Virtue and make a hero character tomorrow then park him in Galaxy. It's past midnight now and I'm headed to bed.
  17. Brotoi

Hrmph! That's what I get for not paying attention. Galaxy City is no more. It is now the tutorial and I haven't run a tutorial in a couple years. I'm in Atlas Park. My character is "Dr. Brotoi Eldan" and is a level one "Thugs" Mastermind with Time Manipulation (no pet yet, I usually save that until level 2, and sometimes not until level 4, I'm eccentric that way). I've joined the Wildstar chat channel.

I look forward to seeing those who decide to jump on board!
  18. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I created an account and am downloading and installing CoH tonight. I have an active sub to DAoC but since it's inexpensive I thought it'd be fun to give it a try. I'll play for free until I get my legs under me, then I will most likely go all in. Do y'all plan on using a Vent of TS3 server?
  19. Nonsensicles

That's what I meant. The decision to be a Hero or Villain (at least for the first 20 levels) is in Galaxy City right near the start. It's yet to be determined which side we'll be on, so I'm staying right in the starting spot on Wild Zero until that's determined and possibly until there's a group thing to go through it together (maybe). In the meantime, I guess I'll make a Hero on Virtue to hang out with your guy. :)

In my very recent experience, playing as a completely free person is totally fine while you're still levelling. Not optimal, but all the fun stuff is still there (other than the limited character slots).

No idea about voice. I don't have a working headset at the moment. :\
  20. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

Well, he is created. Frozenoak is waiting to make his first moral choice. That went way quicker than I expected but I quit for the night just to make sure we all end up on the same side. He is the largest tank I could make.

Edit: due to lack of confirmation (hero vs. villain) I have created an alt. Her name is Brokenwillow. She is a tiny ranged dps hero.