1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC City of Heroes Supergroup

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Sep 30, 2011.

1. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

You guys sucked me into trying this game. Fun so far. I went hero, do not expect to play much, just wanted to check it out :)
  2. Ixath

Ixath New Cupcake

Even though this thread is 2 months old, I'll still respond.. I reinstalled CoH yesterday. My character had 2201 days since I played it last. I had 134 badges (according to the comment in my name) which, at the time I quit, was the second highest game-wide. I'm also still in the very first Villian SG on Pinnacle (think that's the server)... weird. I guess I played it a lot back when I did play it. Either way, I made a new character on Freedom last night to see if I'm still interested in playing such an old game. If I have fun after a day or two I'll sub for a month so I can have access to most of the archtypes / powers and reroll a new character.

Are people here playing still or did the idea die out two months ago?
  3. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I kinda fell in love with the game, but no one else seemed to. :\
  4. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

My global is @BKM61 Anyone and everyone is free to ping me when you see me. I have characters on several different servers and I'm always happy to make up a new one. I'll make it a point to start playing on Sunday afternoons, since that was the only time mentioned, and I'll be on Virtue, since that seemed to be where most people were headed.

Hope to see some of y'all ingame!
  5. Brotoi

I made two new characters on Virtue, one hero and one villain. I'll hold them as is until I find out if anyone else is interested in linking up. I made a new character on Pinnacle (low traffic, almost zero lag) that I've outfitted with a Magic Carpet and a couple other goodies, so I'll be playing that character mostly for the new few weeks. It's a female mastermind (Demons) named Tatiana Clearwater.

I have characters on almost every server, and I'm always happy to create a new character, so if you have a particular server that you prefer, just let me know and we'll work something out!
  6. Brotoi

Hey y'all, I'm still playing CoH! My global is still @BKM61. And I'm still hoping to see y'all ingame one of these days! Just let me know you're from Wildstar Central, eh?
  7. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Sad news for all CoH Players today. The game is going into Sunset and will be cancelled before the end of the year.

I'm speechless, I really am. CoH was my MMO Home - where I could always return and relax as I wandered through other games and betas. Now (until WS launches) I'm homeless. :(
  8. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Heck sorry to hear that guys, I never played CoH but sounds like kind of an 'end of SWG' moment there :(
  9. Spiritunicorn

Spiritunicorn New Cupcake

That is sad news indeed, had a lot of fun playing the sparkly unicorn who lived in a cardboard box in Kings Row.
  10. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I am extremely sad about CoH closing down. It was one of the first MMOs I delved into, along with WoW, and one that I played for a good several years. I have friends that still play it weekly. It had one of the best character creators, and it spawned many characters that contInue to live on in other stories outside of the game. The game holds a lot of fond memories, and now I'm going to always associate a sense of loss with those game discs on my shelf.
  11. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

12. souper

souper Founding Member

Dang, just read about it. Really sucks, I loved that game. Didn't even get to play with you guys though I haven't really been playing much anyway.

Ah well, that's life. Just gives me more reasons to anticipate WildStar.
  13. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Well that sucks. CoH was fun. It could really use a graphic make-over but the mechanics and play style were really solid. Sad to see it go.