1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Design an Item Slot

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightshiftb

nightshiftb New Cupcake

The real question here seems to be "We think we'd like to add the equivalent of rings and trinkets but we don't know what to call them so that it fits into a sci-fi world."

Call them Thumb Drives or Data Storage Devices

- Contains any sort of data that fits into the world from "Stolen Imperial Space Station Plans" to "Partial report on local predators" to "Digital Copy of: The Lusty Argonian Maid" (not sure what stats this one would grant)

- Is not chip-able because the buff is determined by what "data" is on the drive.

- Granted stat buffs would represent the "knowledge" or "data" held on the drive... after all; knowledge is power. A "purple" Data Storage Device might be labeled "The Answer to the Ultimate Question" or "The collected knowledge of the race of XYZ." But a "green" level item may just be "Battle Weather Report: It's Rainin' Side-ways, By Ollie Williams."

- Most initially are not class/path/race specific - but could be in the future. You could make this just 1 of the stats changes from path to path as a Scientist and a Settler would naturally glean some different information from the data.

- I'm sure there's "junk" or "vendor trash" icon art assets which at least resemble what one would think was a data storage device of the future.
  2. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

any update?
  3. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Would be nice to know what they are up to with this, but i rather see new class or race for WSW.
  4. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I talked to PChan, who's a pretty cool guy, and he updated me on the situation.

Submissions for new ideas are currently closed. PChan has narrowed down the submissions down to a list which has been handed to Gortok. No idea when we will get a result but we will definitely keep you updated when we can. Until then, I'm locking this thread.
    Balerathon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.