1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC RP Server Players Circle

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Kethrym, May 27, 2013.

?

Do you enjoy playing on RP servers even if you don't RP?

1. Yes

74.3%
  2. No

5.7%
  3. Only if it's PvP-RP

22.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

I got the idea with the help of Extatica, who I had a conversation with on another forum. Let's keep this civil regardless of your personal view on the subject. ;)

There are many of us who prefer the atmosphere of an RP server, even though we aren't heavy into roleplaying, or creating backstories for ourselves. We appreciate and respect the amount of time and energy others put into roleplaying, and feel that it adds more to our gaming experience. Some of us will dabble in roleplaying but we don't devote large amounts of game time to it. Some of us go there simply to avoid "ZOMGHAX" or "FTWBBQ" as player names. Regardless of our reasons, we naturally gravitate towards these types of servers.

Personally, I love playing on RP servers because the discussions are more mentally stimulating. Not to say that PvP or PvE servers don't have stimulating conversations, but as a whole, I feel the RP community is more concerned with intellectual discussions than the average PvP or PvE server. (Using Barrens chat as a perfect example)

I could go on and give a myriad of examples on how roleplaying and Wildstar's current in game systems are absolutely perfect for each other (aka scientist) but I think you get the idea.

So how many other players here are naturally prone to playing on RP servers even if you don't immerse yourself in roleplaying? If so, what is it that keeps bringing you back?
  2. Jerodar

Jerodar New Cupcake

Back in WoW I've fled from a normal to a rp-pvp realm just to escape the insanity.
    The difference was immense, people were actually typing full english sentances in zone chat :O

I never really gotten into roleplaying myself, but I found it fascinating to witness and I do like to occasionally slip in character. It'll probably end up the same for me in Wildstar.
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I actually have an extensive history of roleplaying before my focus shifted to raiding and PvP. I still create backgrounds for all of my characters but I rarely roleplay anymore because I'm preoccupied with other tasks. Still, I enjoy it as much as I have in the past and I occasionally set aside time to do some RPin'. XD

That said, my experience is with mostly RP servers so I'm not too aware of what happens on other servers but I can believe what others have said given my experiences in LFD/LFR groups in WoW. My answer to the thread is a most definite yes and I do not mind non-RPers mingling on the server as well so long as they respect the roleplayers and their activities on the server.
    Kethrym likes this.
  4. Kethrym

I totally forgot to mention that. It boggles my mind how people are perfectly fine with using mostly truncated words and ridiculous acronyms as forms of communication. I guess I'm just old. ;)
  5. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

My only issue with RP servers is when guilds "require" RP in their guild chat. Don't misunderstand me; I much prefer the RP servers. I just never understood how guild chat could be IN character. In games like WoW the guild members are scattered all over multiple continents and are somehow communicating telepathically??? I'm big on RP staying in spatial chats, or in party chat. I suppose WS lends itself to guild chat being in character with the "communicator" system for quest turn ins. One could imagine the guild chat is a communicator system in and of itself. Still not my favorite idea as I'd have to type *ooc* every time I wanted to type in "lol" or something. Yes, I use complete sentences more often than not, but no, I do not wish to type *ooc* every third sentence.

All that being said, RPers tend to be more friendly, less apt to name themselves Flyingwaffleofdoom or some such nonsense, and tend to be able to hold better conversations. I generally try to be in character if/when I use spatial chat. I'm not a HUGE RPer, but I like the immersion you get while in the world when at least attempting to be in character. I also thing WC will be easy to RP in many ways. No "Ye Olde English" necessary. You can be yourself in many ways, or you can just be opposite of your true self, but you don't have to worry about deciphering other's cryptic sentences ;)
    Kethrym likes this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

BRB adding Flyingwaffleofdoom to my RP character name list.

Also, if I see "Ye Olde English" chat in the RP of Wildstar, I will facepalm and ROFLMAO simultaneously. Time period fail!
    Kethrym and okccshell like this.
  7. okccshell

HAHAHAHAHAHA to BOTH! If I see Flyingwaffleofdoom on my server, I'll immediately reroll so I can KEEEEL JOOOO! haha
    Kethrym likes this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

I would eat said flying waffle myself. Yum. I bet it's even tastier because it can fly.
    okccshell and Kethrym like this.
  9. Kethrym

Just as a side note. We also have accounts on Wildstar Roleplay. If you see us there feel free to say "hi".
    okccshell likes this.
  10. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

One small eye. Nose . One big eye.

I missed your post on the wsrp forums - welcome to those forums!
    okccshell likes this.
  11. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I only RP when the raids are on farm and I've fully geared myself for PvP. I find it relaxing.
    Kethrym likes this.
  12. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

I much prefer playing on an rp realm, even though I don't RP much myself I find the community is much more friendly
    Kethrym likes this.
  13. okccshell

Does that mean we can expect to see you around? I'm assuming corpse on the ground, not alive, but still! ;)
    Zeebo likes this.
  14. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Zeebo doesn't fight. Zeebo is love. Zeebo just /chuatackles
    Kethrym likes this.
  15. okccshell

*Screams* EEEEEK! RODENT ON MY LEG! RODENT ON MY LEG! GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  16. Kethrym

[​IMG]
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  17. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

And that's how I'll take over the universe.
  18. Kethrym

By humping random Aurin's legs? Your Chua Science is very strange.
  19. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Might be strange, but it works for me /shrug
    Kethrym likes this.
  20. okccshell

*is still running around screaming* HELP ME! HOLY CRUD I THINK IT BIT ME! RABIESSSSSSSS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!