1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC RP Server Players Circle

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Kethrym, May 27, 2013.

?

Do you enjoy playing on RP servers even if you don't RP?

1. Yes

74.3%
  2. No

5.7%
  3. Only if it's PvP-RP

22.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I had a rabbit who used to do that to my sister's leg.

No eggs were fertilized.
    Kethrym likes this.
  2. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Poor rabbit must have been heartbroken.
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. Awesomnius

Awesomnius New Cupcake

It's be nice to do some RP, I used to do this back in TSW. Nice change of pace actually being the character you're playing.
  4. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

Lol can't believe I missed this thread. (Well actually I can since I wasn't even home yesterday.) I need to hop over to those RP forums. I'm a huge fan of RP. I rolled on Argent Dawn at WoW launch, and have played on an RP server in just about every game I've played since then.

I recently decided that my guild would be going to an RP server 100%. We'll still be focused on 40 man PvE but we'll be on an RP server so I people can Roleplay when they're not doing raid stuff.

Not so sure about rabbits humping legs though. I have seen them hump plenty of other things...never legs.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

You never met MY rabbit! Then again we gave him to someone else about a decade ago... Would he still be alive?
  6. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

Maybe? Probably not. they don't live much longer than 10 years. I'm now glad I never met your rabbit. I don't think I could have kept my dignity.
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Don't worry, unless you're a woman IRL I don't think he would use you as his happy place.
  8. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

That's what they said about the dogs. Spoiler Alert...it was a lie.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

It's commonly understood that dogs enjoy all flavors.
  10. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

Ya know, there's a character in my book that proves that 100% true. He's a bit of a dog...and enjoys all flavors. Perhaps a little too much. No seriously it's pretty much rape...
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Lol you are a messed up little man!
  12. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I used to rp a lot but as time has gone on I've become a lot more distant from it and found it harder to immerse myself in the world and so I've ended up playing a lot more by myself and although I have backgrounds and ideas for my character they never seem to develop so that I feel comfortable rping with others.

I still prefer playing on RP servers though, the community is generally a lot nicer.
    Kethrym likes this.
  13. Nekowhatsit

Nekowhatsit New Cupcake

Old thread, I know, but I'm new and just found this so I felt the need to add my thoughts here.

I love RP servers. My favorite has always been Virtue back when City of Heroes was alive and well. But, generally, I feel similar to Deimos's take on the subject. I used to RP constantly, and I still do with a very small group of friends, usually one on one. Now, that being said I suppose I should also say that I generally do text based role playing. I have always found having a literal avatar, like a game toon, made it more difficult for me to get into playing. For some reason having to stop and think "Oh, what button do I push for the emote I need?" immersion breaking than not having the added benefit of actual visuals.

Doesn't mean I won't try to RP in Wildstar, nor does it mean that I haven't already started character building (personality, background, etc.). I just might not be able to keep it up so avidly as others.
    Kethrym likes this.
  14. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah I'm not a big fan of constant RP, or RP in guild chat. Spatial RP, when appropriate, is fun every now and then. RP when a group of mobs is charging me, or a boss is on a rampage is NOT my idea of fun. Kill them and THEN talk.

Of course you will still encounter the "RP or GTFO" people. The RP elitists can be just as rectally retentive as the elite PvP or Raid community. Just normally there aren't that many of them. And if they are pretty vocal, they're quickly beaten down by their own fellow RP'ers.
    Nekowhatsit likes this.
  15. Nekowhatsit

Nekowhatsit New Cupcake

Makes me wonder if there will be any casual RP guilds or whatnot on Wildstar. Groups of people who enjoy it but don't demand it happen 24/7. Hmmm... might be worth looking in to.