1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Site Migration - 20th April 2013 @ 20:00hrs EST

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Wow, that is a LONG process! Get some well-deserved sleep! :sleep:

Hopefully we'll be okay for awhile longer on shared hosting! I know with shared they monitor how much bandwidth you use and can throttle it, so as to more evenly distribute how much bandwidth everyone is sharing. If we were using too many resources on one shared host, it may not be all that different on another, except that they may allocate their resources differently. In any case, at least it should be easy to move to VPS in the future! :up:
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Thanks for all the hard work Zap. I appreciate all your effort.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The new shared host has no bandwidth limitations (though I'm sure if we started hosting GB's of files they may have something to say about it!) but the difference here is we are limited by fair use of memory, as opposed to a hard cap of running processes.

This should let us run with shared hosting for a little bit longer, but the systems they have in place will make a move to VPS relatively painless.

Of course, I said that about the migration tool that failed to do anything useful over the last two days and left me manually rebuilding the site!
    Fate Flyer likes this.