1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Wilstar Wiki

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Dende, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dende

Dende Cupcake

Hello , i'm really enjoying this site in terms of how its moderated and the visual aspecs but i think the Wiki deserves some more details and a better overview to find information faster to be on the same standart as the main page is now.

IMO the "Navigation" is on the wrong side (right) , every Wiki i know has the navigation on the left side. Thats a bit confusing and do not match a normal Wiki.

Second I would create a better overview about the Gameplay, so that usefull information could be found faster. Maybe the Index (http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?wiki/index/) could tell abit how you gather information and dont tell anything anything about class /races etc
    OR you could make a complete rework and go in medias res without any explanations and display clickable content with different Races/classes/Paths/Envornment / etc etc

Then i would redo the whole Navigation Bar,
    First if you click lets say "mobs" on your bar then it would expand, but that will be a problem if there are 100 creatures , resulting in a very long bar , thats clearly unwanted.
    What i would do is disable the option to display more information on the NaviBar and link right straight to the clicked content to find more about on the actual page, where the content is listed

The navi bar should look something like this to ensure a better overview.
    so If you click "classes" for example then you should be linked to the Class Page, with some content (Lore/information/etc) and then actually to choose the classes content on this page

Wildstar Wiki

< Gameplay >

Classes
    Paths
    Races
    Factions
    Professions
    Ingame Events/ Festives
    Mounts
    Items
    Achievements
    Housing
    Combat Mechanics
    Lore
    Patches

< Player vs.Environment >

Creatrues
    Instances
    Raids
    World bosses
    Guides

< Player vs. Player >

Arenas
    Battlegrounds
    Guides

that are only some ideas i came up with when i saw the page. I'm happy with the content but i think it deservers a better overview. im not sure if its welcome to post an example but i kinda like the main page visuals of http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Wildstar_Wiki
    Extatica likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I wished new people would also get some kind of ''first alert'' when joining the WSC to check out the Wiki.

It deserves some more love, and attention. Lot's of people just see the wiki after a few weeks.

This + what you mentioned should make sure most of the ''asked and aswered'' questions won't be repeated.
  3. spell

spell New Cupcake

tbh it would be much better to use wiki template than try to build in something into this site (it won't ever look as good or be as familiar/clean as pedia/wiki template)
    Here is actually really good version of W* wiki http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Wildstar_Wiki
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Didn't I play Aion with you? Also thanks for the feedback :)

Our wiki isn't a planned feature, it's already there :). http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?wiki/index/.

I believe the OP's intent is for suggested styling changes to better display the information. Personally I would also like to see navigation moved to the left, as I don't think it's current implementation is user "obvious" enough.
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The Wiki is open for editing by all site users (Wiki link at the top) and documentation on the add-on can be found here. If you feel something is missing... then you can add it!

Navigation is kept to the right to match the rest of the forums - note how all the additional "blocks" are on the right on the front page or the forum page.

I'll see about adding a "Welcome to WSC" notice for new users to highlight our existing resources.