1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSW - Launch in T-Minus...

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gooooooooooood Morning Nexus!

The day we've been waiting for months has finally arrived! WildStar has a Launch date! Oh, and Pre-order information, and NDA Lifts. Jeez it's a drop and a half!

As usual press sites have gone into a frenzy so we hope to collate and link all the articles (see: below) that you'll want insert into your brain!

Finally if you're looking for the official scoop, why don't you check out what Carbine have actually got to say on the matter?

( Watch now - Pre-Order Trailer )
    ( Read More - Pre-Order Page )

Press Links!

SiegaPlays likes this.
  2. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

Sweet! :)
  3. RoyalTree

RoyalTree New Cupcake

Will we see a Boxed CE version?
  4. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Via the mmobuff link above and the ability to read

"Option 3 - Physical Editions:
    WildStar will have two physical editions, one limited steelbook edition (offering the same bonuses as the deluxe edition), along with a standard boxed edition. However, I’ve been told the Steelbook will be “fairly” limited in quantity and will only be available via EU retailers. US retailers will only be stocking the standard boxed edition of WildStar, as to the why, I simply don’t know yet!"

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth from across the pond.
  5. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

This pretty much sums it up.
  6. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Too bad my screenshots so far all have my ID number plastered all over them. But, I rather expect that the press sites will be putting up hundreds of them within the next few hours - if it takes them that long...ROFL.

For those who didn't tick off all the "expand" options on the pre-release page, here are the remaining beta weekends prior to release. Looks like they'll be spending the final month polishing with the current "full time" beta testers.

"In between pre-order going live and launch, there will be four beta partner weekends. While everyone else will be required to obtain a key to participate in the beta weekend, you will have immediate access to each event. The currently scheduled weekends are:
    • Friday, March 21st, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, March 23rd, 11:59PM PDT
    • Friday, April 4th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 6th, 11:59PM PDT
    • Friday, April 18th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 20th, 11:59PM PDT
    • Friday, May 2nd, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, May 4th, 11:59PM PDT"
    Also, here's a list with details of the pre-order goodies (stolen from Game Zone), as well as info for current beta testers:

• beta access (if you're already in the beta, you can continue to play with the characters at their current levels)
    • a rocket house
    • three-day head start before launch
    • 10-slot storage bag
    • mini-ship housing decoration, granting the player additional rest xp
    • pre-register player names and guild names (more details coming later)

From where I sit, the best thing about the digital deluxe edition will be the hoverboard. Normally you can't get it in game till level 25. Beta testers got one as a freebie at level 10. I HOPE that they'll do that again, as Nexus is VERY big and without a mount you take a LONG time to get places. (Regular mounts are currently available at level 15.)
    Hoverboards (currently) allow you to climb slopes that you can't climb otherwise - not all of them, but it can save you a lot of time when you don't have to run around a row of hills.
  7. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

Woo, I didn't see this thread,omgawsh sawwy for posting in the general forums.

@bluedragon18, thanks for the list of beta weekends.
  8. Cesmode

Hmm, is it just me or are prices not available yet?
  9. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

whelp I want it but I doubt I can play it till after August when I get a new PC I do want the Eldan stuff so I guess I can just buy that Digi Deluxe later providing its not a limited time thing ?

anyways enjoy yourself i'll catch up one day shame I wont be there for the drama/issues of release day.... week... etc
  10. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

After seeing the augmented mobs in Celestion, I kind of want the Eldan stuff too.
  11. Cesmode

Id love to know price for digi delux.
  12. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

13. Cesmode

Am I just illiterate and didnt see that??? Doing a double take.
  14. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Time to burn some vacation time.
  15. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Yes!!!

AND it's not that far off. I was really worried they wouldn't release until late summer (like August or even Sept).

Gotta love the pre-order goodies too. I'm fully excited about the Rocket Ship house, although I may not buy in to the Deluxe edition just for the Eldan hoverboard and armor stuff. Who knows by next week though?

Massively has an article about the pre-order and they state the Standard edition is $59.99 and the Deluxe edition is "$15 more". That would make it around $74.99.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/12/wildstar-announces-june-3rd-launch-date-preorder-bonuses/

I wonder if we have to pre-order through one of the stated retailers or whether we can pre-order directly from the Developers? I usually prefer to deal directly with the Developers as sometimes the retailers can mess up royally with pre-orders. I've seen too many people get screwed with wrong shippings and mis-represented incentive plans.
  16. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

Not having a physical CE is a bit odd. I feel like they could have had some cool physical items.
  17. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I agree in theory but there would be too much crying over what was/wasn't included. I'm happy that they've chosen to to focus on the game. That said, I will be buying the most expensive physical option the minute it's available.
  18. Marvel Frost

Marvel Frost New Cupcake

Can anyone answer this:

I like to collect physical copies of all the games I try. I am really interested in getting a physical box ($60 edition) of Wildstar. However, I also want to get the extra benefits of the digital deluxe. I wanted to know if there was a way to do this? I fear that pre-ordering from Gamestop wouldn't let me use the early access. I've read plenty of articles and just cannot find an answer. Anyone know?
  19. Cesmode

This may be the first game that I buy the CE/Deluxe.