1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Xlugon Pyro's Artpad

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Xlugon Pyro, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Yup! I draw! But how well? You decide!

I decided to pick up drawing as a more frequent hobby (if I can make the time for it) but I needed something to draw that was both fun and could offer a lot of opportunity for improvement. However, the story I'm writing is too premature for me to start working on character art, so I needed something else to inspire me to draw.

Well, I found that thing and it is Wildstar! I look forward to using this (hopefully) great game as a source of inspiration for my upcoming drawings and as a fun method to use to improve my lackluster art skills. I especially love the aurin and draken races and I can't wait to churn out some great pieces on those two races.

Carbine's Pay It Forward event gave me a reason to complete my first drawing early, and fortunately I think I made it just in time! Hooray! I'm also going to share my submission item here as well for you all to see and hopefully critique so I can improve. However, be fragile! It takes time to build up one's confidence for their own work and considering the level of quality that gets posted around here regularly, I am most certain an amateur. Hopefully the artistic community here will be able to help me hone my skills!

Anyway, without further adieu, my extremely bashful female aurin:

[​IMG]

I have a bad scanner so I need to get a new one, but I managed to spruce it up a tad in paint (LOL I know I'm bad) so here she is! Feel free to leave whatever comments you have on it, just be nice! I'm still a rookie so help me improve, don't beat me up!

As of right now, the only talent that I have at all is drawing. However, I would love the opportunity to get in on some digital art creation and I know there are a lot of skilled digital artists here as well. If you could offer me some advice or tips on how to get started or how you began creating digital art I'd love to hear it. :)

As I create more works I'll throw them up here for you all to comment on and help me improve my skills. I appreciate any advice, insight, or kind comments (if any) you all can lend to me.

Now, ENJOY!! Or hate with disgust, you <REDACTED>s!!!
    ruff_ethereal, Ianpact and Gronky like this.
  2. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Really neat drawing, May I ask what type of emotion the aurin is feeling, and what type of pose your going for
  3. Xlugon Pyro

A little surprised, shy, and unsure of what to do with herself being noticed, perhaps bashful as well.

The pose is a bit off but my primary aim was to just draw her at an odd angle. She just happened to be standing that way when she noticed she was spotted and was thus caught off guard and holds herself in a somewhat guarded position.
    Nicodemus likes this.
  4. NocPat

NocPat New Cupcake

I see you have some potential!

The looks really similar to my art before I learned proportions/form/ect.

If you want some lessons, check out this guy on youtube,I learned all my art skills from him. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sycra
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Thanks. I'll check him out.

You happen to do art as well? Mind if you send me some samples or a link? I'd like to see how impactful the lessons were by seeing your work. :)
  6. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

draw draw draw draw DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE ARTISTIC COMPETITION
  7. NocPat

NocPat New Cupcake

I'm about as much of an artist as you are a professional boxer.

Sure you might have beat up a guy once, but that ain't mean you sumthin.

I barely draw. I mainly watched him to understand how to draw.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Lol I see.
  9. XxxVoidxxX

XxxVoidxxX New Cupcake

i think you did a great job for what its worth though i think she has man hands lol otherwise good job. (i couldnt do any better just my observation)lol
  10. Sqwarsh

Sqwarsh New Cupcake

Looks nice. Reminds me of older western cartoon art like The Last Unicorn.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Maybe it's because of too much detail compared to the rest of her body? :p

I'll try to go with less next time and see how it turns out.
  12. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

The main difference i see in this picture is that Wildstar's models are actually quite skewed and yours is quite realistic. If you were looking to make it more authentic i guess, you could tweak your muscle structures and limb lengths. ^^y

not a bad picture by any means :inlove:
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Thanks for the feedback. My artwork needs some work and there's a few things I want to focus on. I'm good at drawing things if I understand the principles behind that and a lot of that requires observation not only of real life (which is what I was using as a basis for proportions with some success) but of other art styles as well.

That said, I do need to get on a draken drawing. Eventually... XD
  14. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Other than the man hands and her right boob being a lot bigger than her left boob, good work.
  15. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

The eyes are a little off, but everything else is nice. I appreciate the little bits of realistic details like the nails and the tiny folds on the skin, though I do tend to skip those myself.

Her tail and mane are REALLY spiky and look kind of solid. I think larger, less frequent spikes will get the job done with less work. It only takes suggestion for the brain to fill up everything else.

I like the details on the collar. Very lovely pattern and fitting with my view of Aurin culture.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

More stuff for me to practice with and refine as I continue making new stuffs.

The collar design was a bit difficult to come up with but I managed. Coming up with a clothing design was a little bit of a conundrum as well so I stuck with something simple but with a few key details.
  17. Justrollin

Justrollin New Cupcake

Your focus areas should be, in order, according to me ; Clothes, hair, eyes, the rest.
    Clothes in particular are the hardest to get really good, with all the shading and folds etc.

Although, everyone gets their own "special" area where they excell in drawing.
    Just keep drawing and have fun with it, play around with it, get crazy!
    Keep up the good work, you go girl!
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Thanks, and I agree that drawing clothes is a challenge that'll probably take me the longer because there are different types and styles.

BTW I'm a guy but don't feel bad about mistaking me for the fairer sex. :p
  19. Classix

Classix Cupcake

It's actually good o.o weird, I was expecting stick figures.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Sorry for ruining your expectations. XD