1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Yo!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Ragx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

Hello!

I've been following Wildstar and TESO for a while and although I was more excited about TESO at first, Wildstar somehow won me over and now I can't wait to play it. I could have played it at Gamescom, but I decided not to back then - which was a mistake I might add.

I'm 17 years old (although I will finally pass "that" threshold in only a few months) and my first name is Marco. I currently do the German equivalent of what the English world calls High School, my finals will be in early and mid May and if my guesses are correct Wildstar will fall right into my May to September break from any activity that is associated with leaving the house and not playing (</irony>; for the record, I have a life, I promise). That does not mean I don't have stuff to do apart from gaming. I have been programming since the age of 12, starting with HTML/CSS/JS, going over to PHP, producing a horrible, half-baked "browsergame" at the age of 13, then Java, making a semi-popular Minecraft mod called Magic Chest back in 2011, and now I am mostly programming in C++, after it taught me what programming actually is (PHP is a horrible language). I am currently developing a programming language called myx, so if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff, drop me a PM.

My MMO past is quite diverse, but the only game I have really played for ages is, of course, WoW. I am a full-on PvP player - which means that I absolutely despise PvE - and hope to find a good experience in Wildstar. I am a moderator over at Icy Veins and I have recently written some PvP guides there, although I am currently not actively playing WoW. Throughout Mists of Pandaria I have been playing a Windwalker Monk, I love the combination of self-heal and competitive melee damage and that's why I am looking forward to the Medic reveal. I really hope that a DPS/Heal hybrid is competitive in PvP, but we will see.

I'll most likely play a Cassian, I always end up playing the Human looking race. I try to identify with my character, and mechs, stone giants or hamsters do not support that particularly well. Also, the Dominion rules. Death to the Exiles! :D

(I am aware that the last sentence will throw me right into the faction trench war probably going on here.)
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WSC (WildStar Central).

What are your plans for your birthday?
    Ragx likes this.
  3. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

Hi and welcome :)
    Ragx likes this.
  4. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

Thanks. :D

I don't know yet, but nothing big, I am not a party person.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
    Ragx likes this.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you enjoy it in here as much as I do :D
    Ragx likes this.
  7. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome to the community, Chua's are prolly more likely to kill you in 'friendly' fire, than exiles are.
    Ragx likes this.
  8. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

I didn't say I don't like hamsters, I just said I don't want to be one. :p

From your profile picture I expertly deduce that you will be playing a Chua. Right?
  9. Mondasin

nah my profile pic is a currently no-so dancing panda gif I found a few years back. I am planning on playing a Mordesh healer.
  10. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

Cool, so I may crush you on the battlefield one day, or are you only playing PvE?
  11. Mondasin

I'll steal your mobs, then kill you.
  12. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

I'll kill you, revive you with my strange Medic weapons, then kill you again.

Playing EU?
  13. Mondasin

nein. On west coast of US.
  14. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

Hm, maybe there are cross server, cross region rival lists.