1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You have ruined gaming for me, Carbine Studios.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MaxT, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MaxT

MaxT Cupcake

I don't want to play Defiance, PlanetSide2, Tera, WoW, or any other MMO.
    All I can think of playing is Wildstar!
    What am I supposed to do for the rest of the year? :sick:

On a serious note, stellar job so far! Keep it up!
    Kaewynn, Rhinosaur, cerealz and 18 others like this.
  2. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the club! But some of us are waiting for an even longer time now ;) Only a CBT key would help those people :p
  4. Clickbeast

Clickbeast Cupcake

GW2 kinda calmed my thirst for a bit, considering it's pretty cheap up front and no monthly fees. There's unfortunately nothing that keeps you coming back, except few dailies, fractals, etc. Gets old...

Hopefully at least some of us gets into the beta before the end of the year
    Sarah Orlando likes this.
  5. Philetic

Philetic Cupcake

Kinda went well for me. I'm actually able to sit down and do my uni work while listening to podcasts etc. :p
  6. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

I currently have 5 MMOs installed on my computer that I could play ... right now.

And yet, I'm here.

/sigh
  7. MaxT

MaxT Cupcake

GW2 has no depth to it though. Wildstar is not even finished and seems like it has to offer more.
  8. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

What can I say.. he is right.
    Thanks Carbine..:cry:
  9. Clickbeast

Clickbeast Cupcake

Yup I agree. There's a few gems that you can find, such as the Super Adventure Box, that is worth checking out. Since there's no fee, once you paid for that key, the extra content is effortless.

I played Marvel Heroes this last weekend, and what another disappointment...
    Ninereeds likes this.
  10. Catdurid

Catdurid Cupcake

In the same boat. GW2 just isn't doing it for me. Been playing WvW, but its just a boring zerg fest now. Hate those commander icons, just promote zerg mentality. Really looking forward to playing some battlegrounds. Something like old school alterac valley would be fun.
    Cuban Cowboy and Crybone like this.
  11. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

^ This

I played Marvel Heroes hoping that would be something that could hold me over, but nothing doing. I've got two MMOs and a few other games to play but I find myself instead just refreshing the message boards and checking my e-mail. :)
  12. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

In all reality. This is completely how I feel.

I don't want to play anything else euuuguggghhh JUST WILSTAR!
  13. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

I enjoyed Guild Wars 2 immensely while I played it at launch, it was one of the few MMOs where I felt immersed in the world and felt like I was actually exploring as opposed to following arrows around. The other recent MMO I found amazing in terms of immersion is The Secret World, the gameplay can be a bit wooden at times, but the stories and atmosphere are top notch.

Nowadays I keep going back to WoW as it's the single MMO that keeps being enjoyable for me despite all its flaws. Wildstar might just replace that spot however...
  14. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I felt a little troll inside :) made me click!
  15. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

The only reason I am here, is because I am sick of WoW games, and while this game looks like a WoW game, I am interested if this is the game that will revive my desire to play an fantasy MMO in this style. because I so want to play a game like this, because I remember my WoW times, and it was a fantasic experience with friends and drama, and epic moments. which is something I lack in my gaming life atm.
    iiFrank likes this.
  16. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

Yes please!
  17. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Alright, guys, I have to be cheesy with fervor:

I've never been this excited for an MMO in my life. It's not blind hype. It's knowing it will be THAT game, and it fairs well setting itself apart from the others.

The funny thing is that it's not just the game. It's the people working on it. Usually, I could care less who the developer is as long as the game is cool. But now, especially after Arkship, I feel what the developers think and feel is very important to the game's overall health. The relationship between the team and community is strong, and we don't even have a release date yet. It's almost sickening because I'm not used to it!

I really hate the fast-talking and bait-and-switch abused in online gaming. Carbine is the type of team that if they make a mistake, they'll own it and don't try to cover it up. They aren't marketing robots. They are gamers just like us. They aren't making a clone game then throwing it out there to see how much money they can get before players realize how bad and uninspiring it is.

WildStar is a game that has its own personality with experience of those who've worked on games we've loved in the past. The talent is there. Even if WildStar doesn't turn out to be the ultimate MMO, it would still succeed as an MMO that built its own audience from the ground up rather than just trying to take players away from other games while obscurely belittling them at the same time.

Carbine constantly shows that the community and its thoughts are important.
    SirRobin, Wreck, Inukeu and 4 others like this.
  18. Grohmm

Grohmm Cupcake

Same, I just can't find the motivation to invest time and efforts in another MMO. Don't want to play WoW anymore!! I live Wildstar!
  19. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

this is exactly how I feel aswell, and it is great hearing it from others, make one excited for the future :)
  20. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

Did you see marvel heroes at pax east announce that instead of buying characters you could buy hero tokens? So instead of spending money on a character you want, you could buy tokens which only gave you a chance at getting a random hero instead....THAT is a bait and switch if I've ever seen it lol they changed it back like the next day though I guess people were pissed