1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You have ruined gaming for me, Carbine Studios.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MaxT, Apr 16, 2013.

1. kevlarto

kevlarto New Cupcake

There is two games I am looking at this year WildStar and The elder Scrolls online, I think both will be a win in their own way. Big world out there and I know a lot of people are looking for something new and refreshing, I have three mmo's installed on my pc atm, but rarely play any of them, will be glad to delete them and install WildStar and TESO.. I can see myself playing both of them..:)
  2. Nami

Nami New Cupcake

I know how you feel! The more I hear about WildStar the less enthusiastic I feel about that other upcoming big named MMO... I used to be super excited about it now it's just.... meh.
  3. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

I was looking forward to ESO but if they keep their system for different factions with each race and only being able to explore the areas of your faction then I'm not getting it.

On a positive note was a good night of LoL, won 6/7 games. If anyone is interested in having a game and wants some people to play with then send me a message, we play from around 7 hours ago till now (5 GMT+10 till 12 GMT+10). Always looking for more nice members. :)
  4. Kasabian

Kasabian Cupcake-About-Town

I find the best way to deal with the situation is just play a bunch of games that don't require any massive investments, but I guess that's completely up to what sort of games you're into. It's around this time that my WoW sub usually creeps up on me again, I'll have to think of a new way to fight it back.
  5. Kasabian

Yeah, I was looking forward to it until I saw the recently leaked footage of it. Really not sure what I think now. As I remember, they did say you could go back and explore the other areas, you would just be phased out to members of the opposite faction. Not 100% on that though.
  6. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

I had a quick glance at that and it didn't even look that bad.. It's just not really TES.

Such a missed opportunity IMO.
  7. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Agreed !!

Yesterday I decid to play DCUO , with i havent done since march last year, because of the long time since the last time i played the game took almost 6 hours to download and install all the patchs that had been realised since...... after the game had fisished the update I started to play with a new caracter, but the graphics and animatiosn are so bad that I give up after 30 minutes , funny thing is I dont remenber the graphics sucking so much , so i blame how great this game looks ........ Damn you Wildstar team !!!!!!!!!!! Damn you to hell !!!! (but finish the game firs, please)

Ps: Beta me !!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I have those games too with the same problem... Anyone else keep watching the same WildStar gameplay videos over and over and over ??? who has my popcorn?!?!
  9. SuperomegaOP

SuperomegaOP New Cupcake

not to mention Spvp is pretty abandoned(only a handful of full servers) and gets old really fast(1 game mode wtf?) even with being able to customize each class.
  10. Sierus

Sierus Cupcake

Keep watching the vids over and over, just aching to get my hands on it! :p
  11. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

I hate hype :)
    This game is so promising with the different approaches it is taking to a lot of the now monotonous systems we are used to from the past 10+ years .. it's hard to play anything else.
  12. Exiousa

Exiousa New Cupcake

Same boat here, I think aside from "The Last of us" which isn't an mmo, nothing else I am looking out for this year!

Wildstar caters for a casual gamer like myself where I can pretty much solo the entire's game content's, even though I won't be doing that! I really adore the whole abode thing, normally in any mmo as we all know the only part others see is your toon, that character is your one focal point, one defining mark that you personally create in the world

Here we get a chance to do that again, but with the home it will be so fun and cool to see everyone's crazy ideas, from flying batcave to using whirlwind's as staircases (I am guessing here)

The community here is really friendly too so far I am still new here myself, but reading various posts and threads everyone gives a great opinion or ideas without hating on those ideas!!

At the same time I want this to be out now, but I also know on release date ... I won't be doing much aside from wildstar!! XD
  13. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

It's hard to distance myself from the hype since I actually got to play it at PAX East. Side by side with my brother, just seeing as much as we could in the 25 minutes of time we had. Trying to get as many enemies together as we could so we could have a big brawl. Getting stomped on by a huge zone boss thing.

Was definitely the highlight of the show for me. Stickin' to my mind pretty clearly when I think about it.
  14. Agon

Agon Cupcake

Haha it's like that for me too. I went and completly uninstalled wow just yesterday for the first time since the na beta to lessen the chances of subbing again, which would be more out of habit than actual enjoyment.
  15. Kasabian

Yep, gets me every time. Uninstalling is definitely the best idea, it gives you plenty of time to convince yourself not to when you're doing the half-a-day slog to re-install.
  16. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I've developed an allergy to hype over the last few years so I am glad that Carbine has not started any sort of media blitz. So far at least. I am a rather pessimistic sort, though I prefer to call it realistic, especially when it comes to gaming so I can comfortably say I am not "super" excited or "hyped" for WildStar.

However I do like what I've seen and put it on my "pre-order/purchase" list. In fact, its the only game currently on that list. I'm tinkering with Defiance but I'm pretty much in a gaming malaise right now. Nothing that is out really interests me. I find myself in the odd position where my wife is actually gaming more than I am.

Though its those facebook games, so I'm not sure they really count. :p
  17. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

I'll be playing Neverwinter a bit, which opens next week, but really, it'll be just a filler until Wild star launches.

Can't see myself play anything else at this point. Nice going Carbine!!
  18. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

I have multiple MMOs installed that sit lifeless on my hard drive. I've spent every day here on the forums since I looked more into Wildstar. That's not to say I didn't know about it before. At one time I looked at Wildstar as just another MMO for a developer to throw out there, and try to make money on. After reading and watching dev blogs, interviews, and the like I have a much different opinion.

Now I await for the game's launch hungrily more so for any game I've cared to wait for. After reading Patrician's article on Wildstar Roleplay (http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/home/m/11410151/article/1436872) and seeing that they actually care about their roleplayers I solidified my interests in the game. Not only are they striving to make a great game, but they also working to please their fans? Hell to the yes.

I'm not trying to sound like an overly obsessed fan-boy, honestly, but it seems like they may turn me into one. I've been let down so many times over the years from one poorly developed game to the next. Not to say some of them weren't great games because there were a couple. There comes a time when someone has to make a game worth paying for and worth playing for the years to come. I mean it has to happen, right?