1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Your Best of 2012

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by cali, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Amalur, I had such high hopes for the MMO. :(

2. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I'm surprised no one has yet to mention Far Cry 3. Honestly it's the only title I could think of that would stand out, maybe Borderlands 2 as well but only if played co-op.
  3. arnold

arnold Cupcake-About-Town

Raiding is the best. I have stuck with MMOs mostly in the past 8 years. As for 2012..

30 days of DS in WoW, and a month in pandas. Pretty much over that game (had quit after our first heroic rag kill in FL).

SWTOR for a good portion of the year. Awesome leveling, but content wasn't worth the wait. BW had the right intentions but I, as well as most of my friends, got tired of waiting and burned out/quit. Heard F2P ended up being horrible in the game as well.

League of Legends, played this more heavily between content gaps. I think I ended s2 at 1450; I'm pretty average.

CS:GO, beta and release. Pretty fun, but I played CS back in the day because I knew people irl to play with. Didn't have that this time, so I didn't spend much time on it.

AC3, pc. 'nuff said.

D3, fun for a few months.

Blops2/Halo 4 on 360. Picked up console gaming again after SWTOR and trying WoW for the "last" time. This is my jam nowadays, just because games are quick and it's easy filler and I miss the multiplayer aspect of MMO's. Need a good one to play again!!!

Also hi Cali. :)
  4. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

YAY MY FRIEND IS HERE!
  5. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Your Best of 2012:

For me 2012 sucked. I am in a rut for games and cant wait for my next big MMORPG. I drag my self to play DCUO or BF3 every other day or so just waiting for time to pass.

2013 is starting off where 2012 ended. Some days I wish I had not ended my WoW account.
  6. dangerbauble

dangerbauble New Cupcake

2012 turned out to be a big year for me.

League of Legends
    Borderlands 2
    Eve Online (I'm still playing this game?! How?!)
    On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Had a yearning for an RPG)
    Metal Gear Solid (first time playthrough)
    Dishonored
    Star Wars Galaxies (for about 2 months)
    Guild Wars (until a buddy of mine hacked my account)
    Dota 2
    Torchlight 1
    Train Simulator 2012 (nsfw, lyrics)
    N+
    Moonbase Alpha
    Starcraft 2
    Age of Empires 2 (How could I not play this masterpiece?!)
    Sins of a solar empire: trinity
    Sid Meyer's Civ V
    Planetside 2
    Tribes: Ascend (SO good)
    Minecraft
    Terraria
    Worms Reloaded
    Garry's Mod (Spoilers for Elevator: Source)
    Counter-Strike (First play EVER! Surf maps are awesome)
    Wipeout HD
    Fat Princess
    Death Spank
    Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1&2 (on gamecube.... but really, how am I still playing this?!)
    Cooking Mama

Saving the best for last: Viva Pinanta.

...I can't think of any more right now.
  7. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

This last year was a bit of a low point for me, game-wise. Between wedding planning and everything, I found myself slipping away from MMOs. On the plus, it was a great year for exploring Indie titles!

My Top for 2012:

Bastion - Fantastic game. That narrator's voice is pure velvet crack. Plus I love the art style (the bright, painterly style actual reminds me a bit of Wildstar's concept arts). I actually managed to finish this game, which is always a challenge of mine. I have a poor habit of leaving off near the end. I need to go listen to the songs again.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery - Another fantastic game, and a bit of a surprise for me! The style is very, very pixel-based, but it's done so gorgeously, and the combination with the music and sound is a whole experience unto itself. Plus that's the most creepified I've been of a game monster in a LONG time. Every time that specter would show up, I'd go running the other direction shouting "NOPENOPENOPE!" I played the iPhone version, but it's on PC too!

Borderlands & Borderlands 2: Husband got me to play the first one a bit before the 2nd came out. I need to finish both, but they are plenty hilarious and crazy. ;) I really like the style.

Diablo 3: Another game I need to finish. I'm on the final act, just got burned out. I still love my monk to pieces though.

World of Warcraft: I still like this game, and I did plenty of playing, especially leveling up a pandaren monk.

SWTOR: Another one I still like, but haven't played in almost a year. I promise myself I'll go back and finish off the stories on my mains at least! The stories were always my favorite part of the game. My smuggler had so mush sass.

Other than that, a little Pokemon here and there. I own Limbo and Amnesia, really need to play both of those. ;) (I'm just scaaared~)