1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Your healer and you.

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ayora, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Do you agree with these statements?

1. Yes

86.0%
  2. No

14.0%
  1. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

And that folks is the Ballet of Leeroy Jenkins. ;)

Though in all seriousness treating your healers with kindness will go a long way. Unless that healer is old school and thinks dps does not need healing, in which case they are on their own.
    Ayora likes this.
  2. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Pull group
    Healer is oom in 15 seconds
    Okay
  3. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

This reply honestly made me spit tea everywhere xD it made me laugh so much. In a good way of course.
  4. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I approve this message! lol, but really stuff like that happens so often.

It really kinda makes healing not very fun when people are just yelling at you, but for some reason expect you will do better or something by yelling at you. Then people will stand in fire and expect you to heal them through it. Yup... those are not very fun times lol.

I'd suggest playing with friends or a guild though if you are first time healing, they are usually very nice and supportive even if things don't go right. ^^
  5. epiksheep

epiksheep New Cupcake

This is true in PUGS but in a guild a good healer, friendly and social, is worth their weight in platinum. A skilled healer is also a treat. Back when I was raiding ten mans, We managed quite a bit of content with 2 healers that should have needed 3. Our healers were loud during raid, lots of 'what the f* are you doing?' and 'stop dying' but it was hilarious. They tweaked there numbers, knew the fights best, and asked tanks about when they were popping CD or dps about there threat dumps. Any great player can keep up with these things, and the fact our healers were even inputting really set them apart from other players. Players who stood in void zones quickly would say sorry preemptively, knowing our healers would chew them out for it. You can be a healer, and be really good, and not say a word, but if you want praise, you can show your stuff, show up with more prep then anyone else, and keep on top of what others are doing if you want the praise for being great.
  6. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Coming from a healer who sometimes tanks sometimes DPS's, the healer should be in charge of letting the tank know that he's not ready to go. If you're talking specifically about dungeons, I've often had tanks wait for me when I'm at half mana, when it's unnecessary and it's kinda annoying. Generally if the tank just keeps going, it forces the healer to play better, and makes them a better player. Though if you're a good healer which is severely undergeared, sometimes you get the tank used to a pace that's above average so they kinda zone out. It's a communication thing again.
    Again this seems like something that can be prevented by the healer, don't heal the tank until they have gotten control of aggro. Instead toss a passive something or other his way, and let him do his thing. This is as much the tanks job as it is the healer's. If the healer generally does this, the tank knows they've got some breathing room before the adds focus the healer.
    The best way to be a good healer is to play one of every role to see what they feel like, not necessarily at max level, but it gets you used to, "Ok, what actually makes a tank stop? What do I do as a dps, and what's running through my head? How do I perceive this particular healer?" Of course that's just how to make the best of every class. Trust me, if you see a player starting to take half steps towards a mob and the tank is facing the opposite direction, you know they're about to pull it, or if you see that rogue jumping back and forth across the group, same thing.
  7. cirk

cirk Cupcake

I have been tanking more or less exclusively over the past years and sometimes it feels like proper communication with your healers is half of the job. In our raids tanks and healer usually share the same channel and in pugs I don't really bother talking to anyone but the healer. Who are these chipmunks anyway?

[​IMG]
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I whip and abuse my healers relentless. They are my personal b**** and if they can't handle my chain pulls and me standing in the fire and taking cleaves solo, then I will torture them further. Healers are my b****es, all of them. Heal my ass you dirty, good-for-nothing heal-b****!!!
  9. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah that makes sense. I only tanked for a little during WoW, as well as healed some, so my experience is little. Though as tank I think it's safe to say if you do a pull that is lengthy and drains your healer's mana past the half way mark, you might want to hold off on pulling an identical encounter right after just to make sure.

As for the rest, I do intend to give all 3 roles a try in wildstar, and see how they work out for me. What I tried so far in other games wasn't bad, I tried healing in TSW and it was hard but pretty fun, only the solo instances kinda broke my back there. In WoW it was pretty good, but the whack-a-mole healing style isn't the most fun there is, and wow was pretty focused on that.

And well, as for healing a tank after a fight, this is mostly neverwinter specific. Like a tank has 50% or less HP after finishing a pull, so I throw a HoT on him, which is also my strongest single target heal. And while the HoT is ticking away, the tank engages a mass pull, and all the ranged adds immediately start taking me down while he struggles to hold aggro - because cleric aggro still is somewhat out of whack in that game.
  10. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I think it was just a pet peeve of mine to see the tank sitting there staring at me for like 10-20 seconds not doing anything, and I'd be just jumping around or whatever, bored wondering why we weren't pulling. Then he'd ask "Mana?" and I'd have to say "Nah, I'm good, I'll let you know if I need mana." This could be due to a skill disparity between average healers and good healers though... Again that's a pet peeve of mine, don't know if the sentiment is widespread among healers. Also, I like being pushed as a healer, and don't mind wiping on occasion due to a crazy big pull with a good tank.

I think the beauty of Wildstar is that players can easily tailor their skills during levelling to try a bit of healing and whatnot. This should help improve the deficit of perspective from players.

Ah... that sounds like a poor design of healing mechanics to be honest... HoT's should not give aggro, unless you cast it after the pull. Actually that sounds like a really terrible design. I'd be so angry if I put a HoT on a tank then they pulled while it was still ticking, so many other games (I.E. all of them) train players that the HoT tick is the only way some of the classes can "pre-heal" a tank. Ugh, no pre-heal sounds like the worst ever!

To be honest I played the first 6 levels of Neverwinter, got tired of everything being instanced, and felt alone, and the combat was kinda clunky that you could only attack or dodge, and if you were in mid attack you couldn't interrupt yourself. Also the reticle thing was so annoying. Some other stuff as well...

I'm fine with all that, except if you call me a b**** I'll just zone out... I completely agree it's the healer's job to keep up with the tank. But it's the tank's job to not die. If you're a DPS on the other hand... and being dumb, I could care less...
  11. Hephen

Hephen Cupcake

Id just like to say i have issues reading red and green writing (not colour blind - dyslexic) so when i read your post i read it as: rage when you die and blame the healer.
  12. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

Is it mandatory for every game launch to have a whiny healer thread? :)
  13. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Woah, have you read my posts? I'm a healer and I expect every healer to pick up the slack so that other players can make mistakes. I also agree that healers are under-appreciated. I'll occasionally get a "Nice healing" whisper in dungeons/PuG groups, but only from the tank or other healers, never from any of the DPS. Same with Tanking, they very rarely get that "Nice job" thing, and it's hard to tell if you're doing well because of this. On the other hand the DPS just get their meters on and makes sure theirs is "longer" than everyone else's.
  14. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

I have played most of time Healer or Tank during my mmo's history only my healing awesome and my tanking is good. im saying best i know i can Heal & Tank :p. Issue is generally even lol. as support/healing class will get blamed even if u did your job well same for tanking. Some people just stupid they don't understand some called OVER DPSING tanks cannot hold Argo like this. I agree to this but most people will ignore this still rage at u. maby they should add something like there blocked commutations for a while like dota 2 :D
  15. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

Woah did you see my :)?

Calm down sparky
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

I'll include a sarcasm tag next time for you.
  17. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Nope, tanks job to make sure they stay ahead of the group and set the pace of the group. That's the tanks job, they should never allow the dps to gain aggro. Tanks should be greedy in the way they play, they want all the aggro, and positioning. This is the mark of a good tank. If you're having aggro issues, move faster, make the DPS keep up with you, and keep an eye on the healer's mana and be on the lookout for an "OOM."

Yeah I got that it was sarcasm, but I'm fine with the majority of those things, and I'm a healer.
    It is the healer's job to make sure that they make up for the mistakes of other players.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Okay cool. :)

In that case, I'll add spikes to my whip that explode on contact. A masochist like you is sure to enjoy it. :)
  19. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

At played mmo's like swtor and Tera some even in wow that i have played shorty. u can just spam the dps. There nothing that u are talking about on all bosses in any raids. All bosses different Tank, Dps and Healed differently. U have stages and every % 90 80 70 etc. none wants a dps that over dps. Form EXP old wower thought me how to play swtor

than u go play Bgs and arena. And healer that issues mean the dps tanking to much damage. Even Swtor i was playing Operative and Scoundrel. i could not get of out Energy(mana). on those classes.

if think are pro gamer go apply paragon or something. People like u ruin raids and kill all fun out of it. Raiding is about team work and fun and achieving a goal.
  20. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Be careful that sarcasm doesn't translate well into text. Don't want to see fighting happen due to misunderstandings. :( </Mod Monocle>