1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Your top 3 Game Killers?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by LittleIcebreaker, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

-Lack of developer interaction with community
    -Lack of customization options, both stat-wise and aesthetically
    -Lack of innovation. I've played many MMOs where they were almost the exact same, except with a different theme and name
    -An unmoderated community is one of the worst. If GMs aren't delivering justice, the community will feel free to do what they please, at least ten-fold. :p
    -
  2. Kiaros

Kiaros New Cupcake

1: Communication with the Dev's on what is going on. We are the customers, some people spend 3-8 hours a day easy playing the game, people have concerns with the future, feedback goes a long way...

2: Game Balance, i want to play the class i want to play, i don't want to have to play the classes that work.
    If i choose a DPS class that is Subpar at DPS, no one wants them in a group. Same with every role.

3: Game Access: Dungeon Finder, Proper UI, Customization of UI (Not everyone plays the same), lack of goals/Goals to easy to achieve.
  3. Michael72

Michael72 Cupcake

I can just pretty much agree with what many of you other guys have said already.

1. Bad community. Nothing ruins a game as much as this.

2. Bad support/customer communication. Almost as bad as No. 1

3. Lack of innovation and customizability of gear and characters.

I don't actually care a lot about balance issues, because there will never be a perfect balance in an MMO and buffs and nerfs usually come by the dozen. The class which is the faceroll of the month will be fodder for all others in the near future, and vice versa. If I want to play competetive, highly balanced PvP, I play a FPS, or something like LoL, not an MMO.

UI is not a big issue with me as well. I have played for years in games like WoW with almost the standard UI and only a tiny fraction of the available addons, never had any problems, but I see the point, and one could include this in my No. 3 topic, customizability.

Dungeon finder yes, would come in handy, but not cross-server please, this is imho the ideal tool to irrevocably ruin a game's community.
  4. Gray

Gray Podcaster

Lack of "fluff" / Uninspired quests / Brick wall end game

Initial quest difficulty is a tough shell to crack. On one end making the quests tricky from the start can be a bit daunting, especially with first characters. However, flying to level 10 with 0.0 deaths does a few things to you in the background in my opinion. You become dependant on ease. You expect an endless amount of material even when you ding the level cap. Make every quest feel like you just won the internet. Don't have a level 1 player picking up glowing items only to reach level cap and receive a daily quest asking you to pick up more items. What is the difference between that level 1 and 100, then? They're both a pair of janitors for NPCs at the end of the day.

The trick is to keep you moving but allow and facilitate a player to do something other than grind on over to level cap. I can list plenty of examples through various titles that have succeded in this. There are others that failed and by the time the level cap is reached, the player's feet stick in the mud and it feels like there isn't variety in where to head next.

Fluff is so very nifty to remedy this. How about a system in place that allows a player to create quests for other players? Lotro's music system redux? An epic cantina? Uber player crafting that allows for goofy items?
  5. mr. bob

mr. bob New Cupcake

1.Complete Balance- no diversity in Characters.
    2.Lack of information from Developers for buffs and nerfs
    3. Homoginization of classes ( making it easier for players to play when its not needed)