1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Ze Endgame!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by EndOfMortality, Nov 21, 2013.

1. EndOfMortality

EndOfMortality New Cupcake

Question: have they said/aired anything about the end game?

I mean specific raid dungeons or content?

Id hate to see Wildstar end up like swtor and GW2...

poor end game = no game.
  2. Avenged

Avenged Cupcake-About-Town

Devs said on reddit today that raids are being heavily tested. That is all the info that we know besides the fact that the 20 and 40 man raids are entirely different.
  3. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Before you get tore apart for for not using the search function even though they'll tear you apart for necro'ing, there will be end-game 20 man and 40 man raids with solo content, PvP content, and five man instances.

This is starting to becoming an initiation for new cupcakes.
  4. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

GW2 failed because they tried to take working systems and say screw those! Then add a great combat system with a terrible aggro system, and then put in instances that are made for a holy trinity mmo.

Swtor failed for 2 reasons. EA rushed them and they literally copied WoW( seriously some if the abilities are word for word) and didn't try and improve in what they had done. The second is they had no support at end game, they spent too much money on voice actors and didn't out the money where it should have been.

So far we have seen what actual end game combat is like. It's gW2 but with holy trinity. Which is what GW2 should be.

Not to mention the devs have been very open with us about the end game. Another good sign.
  5. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

True enough - do a quick search and quite a bit will pop up about the endgame.
    Information (in varying degrees) can be found for:
    5-man dungeons
    10 man dungeons
    20 man raids
    40 man raids
    shiphands, adventures, players housing (solo/small group activity)
    pvp arenas
    pvp warplots (large scale pvp)

From all signs, the devs have so far been putting a lot of effort into the Elder game.
    Sonntam and Domi Dayglow like this.
  6. Blue Tunic Man

And without the obnoxious cash shop, has houses, and soooooooooo much less hype.

Don't mind me, I'm still bitter about pre-ordering that game. You get that way when it's your first ever game you pre-ordered... I could spent that money on Medieval: Total War! *Flail*
    Sonntam likes this.
  7. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

you might want to double check on the 10man dungeons, I think that was a fan idea but not in the game.
  8. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered as well off the back of enjoying GW1 and thinking it was going to be the next evolution of MMO .... Kill me now >.<

No wait ... BRING ON WILDSTAR!! ... with HOVERBOARDS wooooooooooooo. AND ... They beat the 2015 deadline for Hoverboards. Man I was starting to get worried about that!
    Sonntam likes this.
  9. Blue Tunic Man

Although to be fair, I did pick up some friends that I still keep in contact. But yeah... Twelve bank slots and you have to pay eighty dollars to unlock all of them? Oh, it's account-bound by the way. Bag slots are on a character to character basis.

I could even go on a rant about the ten dollar unlimited charge gathering tools and slightly less angry at the sectioned off area but you know the pain that I went through.

I get a little foamy at the mouth when people say that's a "Cash shop done right" because I'll rue the day that stuff gets standardized. Maybe sub MMOs will be a thing again. But I know that pre-purchasing that game like that is like nursing a hangover.

(Oh and I don't think we have ten mans.)
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

If the only thing End Game had was raids, honestly, I think people would eventually get bored. I think even hardcore people will admit that constantly raiding gets old and repetitious. Kind of how you might like you're job and enjoy your work, but eventually you really had going in to work because it's always the same.

Wildstar offers us 20/40 man raids and dungeons. Plus the promise of them changing regularly thanks to the engine they are using which allows them to make quick changes on the spot without a month of coding. The idea to keep it fresh.

We have more soloable content as for as the lore in the end game zones, but to be honest once played through once it's unlikely to keep people around. I mean you see the end of a book, it might be months before you read it again.

Wildstar does give us Pvp and Warplots. Actually, guess it would be better to say that Wildstar gives us Warplots to keep PvP fresh. Since warplots are built up over time and are very much a group effort to build one. Randomly fighting people in open world or arenas has been done before. But warplots? Each warplot can be different and it's built by the players.

Housing can be part of the end game too. That's something that can always change according to the player's whims.
  11. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

Quite possible, didn't mean to state a definitive list but rather a bunch of topics which have come up in other threads. Apologies for any misleading.
  12. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

the Main Storyline will be contained in Elder Game Solo content, so everyone has access to it, per a Gaffney interview. Sorry don't have the link handy. Carbine felt that other MMOs had the players a disservice by putting the story ending in RAIDS where not everyone would experience it. That's not to say you won't have End Game group content as well. In the solo Elder Game you will collect Elder Coins that will allow you to continue to add skill points, but gear and similar things.

I did find this here in these very forums :
    [​IMG]

EIDT: Not the interview Video I was looking for but this goes into a lot about Elder Game:
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/wildstar/1227411p1.html
    Sonntam likes this.
  13. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

I understand. I did as well. I still play for pvp. The rest is a real let down ATM.