1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Zidders Roofurry says "Hello!"

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by ziddersroofurry, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ziddersroofurry

ziddersroofurry New Cupcake

Hey folks,

So here it is, my intro. Let me start with a few basic facts (lest I lead you too far down the road and into the woods of weirdness too early, you see). I'm a 38 year old (mostly) gay male who was born, grew up and lived most of his life in Rhode Island. I've grown up along side the birth and growth of personal computing, the video game and the tabletop rpg. I consider myself lucky to have been born when I was because I've been able to witness a lot of amazing things in my life. I've been a huge sci-fi fan since I was a little kid, and let me tell you, seeing first hand a lot of the things once considered far fetched in sci-fi novels become common place has been an amazing yet sometimes frightening thing.

Iphones, digital cameras, HD tv, and the internet-Wow! There are things coming out now that even ten YEARS ago, we never would have imagined being possible. Imagine what it's like for me. I grew up being a lover of books. I'd go to the library every weekday and spend hours grabbing books, devouring them and then going back for more. Now, I can fit thousands of books on my Kindle. I still love the feel of a good book in my hands but all this technology has given us access to so many more avenues of knowledge. The fabled library of Alexandria couldn't hold a candle to the wealth of knowledge we have available at our fingertips! It's an amazing time to be alive.

So, tl;dr, i'm old lol. I'm also in a very loving poly relationship (here's where we start to traipse into the brush). I've been with my mate Kurzar since March of 2001. We were married October 31st, 2001. Not the official date, of course (Halloween was on a weekend that year, we got married the Friday before but seeing as Halloween is our favorite time of the year, we've happily retconned the date and now celebrate taking our vows on all hallows eve, it's just too deliciously pagan NOT to). Kurz is transgendered, female to male. Female physically, male mentally and personality wise. We had a lot of issues during the first seven or so years of marriage. Since Kur realized he's been suffering from Gender Identity Disorder and started therapy, he's become a lot happier. I've been a lot happier since I came out, and it works out for us that he identifies as a gay male.

We're also in a poly relationship with our mate, Kat. We met him three and a half years ago on an internet forum, and since he came into our lives, he's helped provide us with something we both were missing very much-balance. The two of us have had a lot of traumatic things done to us, we've never really known what it's like to have a 'normal' family. Kat on the other hand has been a father to five kids. He's been married three times but each one ended amicably and on friendly terms. He's still friends with his ex's. One of them even lives on the other side of the house, lol. He's an older gentleman (he's 58) and definitely posseses a lot of wisdom. He's helped heal us in the broken places and has given us a whole new lease on life.

Personally, I try to respect other peoples boundries, faiths, beliefs, etc. I do my best to be good and kind and decent to people and give people chances, because i've been in situations where I was the one who needed kindness, and friendship, and a second chance. I had a very traumatic childhood growing up and I try my best to not be the kind of person towards others that people were to me.

I grew up playing and loving Dungeons & Dragons. Some of the first games I ever played were the SSI gold box Rpg's. Pools of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds. Text based rpg's and CRPG's were my meat and drink for a long while. Games, books and my imagination were my only friends. I was an avid arcade gamer. Gauntlet was and still is one of my all time favorite arcade games. A close second and third are the Capcom AD&D games, Shadows over Mystary and Tower of Doom. Sierra games were some of my favorite PC games, as well as the Ultima series. I first played Diablo on the Playstation and have been a huge fan of that series (at least up until the last one..I don't -hate- it, but I was very saddened that it failed to take advantage of SO much of its potential in a lot of ways).
    I've been a big part of the Runic Games community since 2009, which is probably one of the main reasons it took me so long to sign up here. The folks from Runic are awesome. I love action/rpg's and this game is looking to be one of the better Arpg's to have come out in a great while. I can't wait to find out what it's like.

I'm also a furry, and have a Kangaroo fursona. Western grey, to be exact.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

[​IMG]
    (My character on the left, below)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (top pic art by http://www.furaffinity.net/user/weiro/ and the bottom two http://www.furaffinity.net/user/aardvarks/ )
    i'm sure there's a lot more I could write, instead, I'll let you folks decide wether or not there's anything you'd like to ask me about myself. Feel free to ask away ^_^
    Misfit and Veneska like this.
  2. Veneska

Veneska Cupcake

Truly wonderful introduction! Diffidently one of the most interesting and amazing story's. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums and hopefully in game at some point. Hopefully your partners will be joining us as well?

Welcome to the forums :)
    ziddersroofurry likes this.
  3. Misfit

Misfit New Cupcake

Awsome intro welcome to WSC and make yourselves at home!
  4. ziddersroofurry

Thank you so much for the warm welcome (and for reading through all that, lol)

Kat isn't much of a gamer. He's an engineer as well as an author, so when he's not fixing/building something, he's writing something, and my other partner Kurz only plays Lord of the Rings online. He's been playing it since 2007 (since we quit playing Everquest) and will probably play it until either they shut down the servers or they screw up the game like Sony screwed up EQ (we played EQ from 2003-2007).

Thank you!
  5. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC Family :)
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC, hope you enjoy it in here as much as i do :D
  7. ziddersroofurry

o.o sooo many cool sigs, hehe

Thanks again! ^_^
  8. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Talking about sigs, i still don't have one... eh I will put some cool looking dragon :cool:

Anyways! Welcome to the WSC! Interesting story you have there ^^, you will feel right at home here, hopefully!

And as for extra information, only one thing, Exile or Dominion??! (hint : Exile)
  9. ziddersroofurry

Most assu
    Most assuredly Exile, at least at first. I've always been a bit of a goody-goody (even my last rp character, a vampire form of my fursona, was a goody little two shoes-for the most part) so I'll probably go with the Exiles.

That being said..are there ever really 'good guys' in these kinds of games? It always seems a matter of picking the lesser of two evil genocidal imperialists, lol
    Drarorm likes this.
  10. Misfit

Misfit New Cupcake

11. ziddersroofurry

Oh!! Thanks!!!
  12. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

We meet again, Zidders.

We meet again....

If you don't remember me, that's fine.... I honestly prefer it that way.
  13. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

OMG OMG SOMEONE FROM FURAFFINY!!!

Welcome to WSC! (Love the artwork :inlove:)
  14. ziddersroofurry

-_- well that's encouraging. What did I do, now?

Look..whatever it is, if it's something I did, I'm sorry.
    If it's something you did..whatever, forgiven. Life's too short and I've just gone through what has been probably one of the most painful times of my life. I'm done letting pride get in the way of my owning up to my own mistakes and I'm not going to waste my life holding grudges.

New start, ok? Hi..I'm Zid. Sometimes I'm sappy, sometimes I can be a jerk. I try my best to be a decent guy but I'm only human, after all. As much as I love to pretend to be a goofy rock star roo..I'm not. Just some dude who knows how it feels to feel lonely and is lucky to have some good friends.

Heh. Thanks.
  15. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

This was years ago in a tf2 far... far away...

Again, don't worry about.
  16. ziddersroofurry

That was a different me, then. A lot has changed-for the better, fortunately. I've left those days behind me.Well..for the most part. I think I've left a lot of bad habits behind. Btw..I'm kinda sad to see your blog end. I've spent most of the night/day reading it. You kinda remind me of Webbstre, the fellow who runs the unofficial Runic Games fansite..actually, a combination of Webb and Jerich, another sharp-eyed and greatly skilled writer (they're both teachers) who has contributed a lot to the Runic community.

Whatever went on back then, you seem like a decent enough person. Hopefully this means we can both start from square one and maybe see things work out a little better this time around.