1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Zone Dilemma

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TyroneBiggims, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I'm not sure how much of it you've experienced but....

How do you think that Carbine did in the introduction of it's voice acting and cut scenes?

In Old Republic, I actually found them really annoying most of the time. It was nice that it told a story, but I just couldn't skip them when I wanted to. In one of Wildstar's starting zones there was (text blacked out for spoilers!) this big tree that had cut scenes that fit itself in well to the quest line and didn't feel like it interrupted. Also most NPCs give you a 'blurb' right before the quest. I sort of like that, letting you hear the blurb and get the idea of what you need to do and read the entire text if you wanted.
    Kataryna likes this.
  2. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Yeah, there is a small few cutscenes in later zones but they do not feel out of place (albeit from my experiences they can be a bit laggy). You will also have some of the more important ones for the main storyline (Agent Lex and of course Elderroot is a good example of this) that will repeat word for word of what is written on the quest.

It is actually done rather well if you ask me. Not to intrusive but not too little
  3. t209

t209 Cupcake

But there's one story element that bugged me.
    Spoilered with black text: The storyline about Sadie Brightland was a bit too flat in my opinion. Then she died without any characterization, except of the lore that stated that she was a Exiles equivalent of police officer. In addition, I kinda feel not right about badass having to have a tragic back story, either that or I read the last issue of Grant Morrison's Animal Man. I just wish that it has a mission to return to Northern Wilds and discover that she's alive (or undead).